Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapper1819

Master Member
Reaction score
nowadays sibei jialat.... people who doesn't even know about bid/ask are playing the stock market LOL

I wonder how they pass the CAR to trade on SCB sia...

must be listen to wahkao's harmful advise to fake 6 trades...........
Hahahaha low risk high return

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
kors kors... how u all go scb & apply for account + trading account? i only done this online for my dbs vickers acct... very shy :(

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
kors kors... how u all go scb & apply for account + trading account? i only done this online for my dbs vickers acct... very shy :(

Under Easy Ways to Apply Today
Under New Standard Chartered customers
https://www.sc.com/sg/ways-to-bank/online-trading.html

Just Complete an Online Equities Trading application form and submit at any of the branches.

I did mine at Serangoon Nex, the person there would help you complete the form if you are not sure. Remember to open all the FCY SSA account, it's all free, in case you wanna trade overseas market.

JustTrade

Reaction score
Got a question guys. I know now esaver account got a min sum of 1k needed. What if my account is left with zero. Will they force close it? Thanks in advance!!

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Under Easy Ways to Apply Today
Under New Standard Chartered customers
https://www.sc.com/sg/ways-to-bank/online-trading.html

Just Complete an Online Equities Trading application form and submit at any of the branches.

I did mine at Serangoon Nex, the person there would help you complete the form if you are not sure. Remember to open all the FCY SSA account, it's all free, in case you wanna trade overseas market.

ok, how long will it take ah? don't have their savings account also can apply right? just FAST the funds over? do we need to provide CDP no also?

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wahkah always promote easy to find low risk high returns stocks
Yet he currently 70% in cash
Zero risk negative returns due to inflation

What a joker
investment is to invest in low risk and high return stocks
correct what?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
ok, how long will it take ah? don't have their savings account also can apply right? just FAST the funds over? do we need to provide CDP no also?

About 2 weeks as they are rather slow.

Remember to open trading account and all the FCY SSA account. Yes, all of it for all the markets, it's free. Or at least open a US one.

You will be required to open a esaver because they ain't that flexible from what the people here have reported so far. After that go and open a Dash account too, then close the esaver. As for the fall below fee, I'm not sure if you would still incurred it if you close esaver immediately within 6 months.

To be safe, just put $1k in esaver and eventually(after 6 months) migrate to Dash and close esaver.

I kept esaver because it's useful to earn 1.4% interest sometimes.

chowck

Reaction score
Hi bro

You keep esaver & sometime earn 1.4% interest. How it works? I thought Dash has better i/r? That why apart from min sum, many have shift boat to Dash. Thanks.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi bro

You keep esaver & sometime earn 1.4% interest. How it works? I thought Dash has better i/r? That why apart from min sum, many have shift boat to Dash. Thanks.

dash is better if you don't have fresh funds. it earns a flat 0.5% interest

i think many of us rotate between ocbc 360 and esaver. esaver earns you up to 1.4% interest on your fresh funds. this promotion is usually announced every 2 or 3 months.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi bro

Details in there
https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-esaver.html

As for what hyperbole said about rotating between different banks, would pm you how to do it if interested. It's simple but rather troublesome.

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Remember to open trading account and all the FCY SSA account. Yes, all of it for all the markets, it's free. Or at least open a US one.

You will be required to open a esaver because they ain't that flexible from what the people here have reported so far. After that go and open a Dash account too, then close the esaver. As for the fall below fee, I'm not sure if you would still incurred it if you close esaver immediately within 6 months.

To be safe, just put $1k in esaver and eventually(after 6 months) migrate to Dash and close esaver.

thanks. knn need to wait 2 weeks

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Thanks. So cannot apply for dash account right away?

JustTrade

Reaction score
I just applied for dash acc today. They need me to go down to one of their outlets for verification. This is for the dash savings accounts which is what we need in place of the esaver. I guess?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just applied for dash acc today. They need me to go down to one of their outlets for verification. This is for the dash savings accounts which is what we need in place of the esaver. I guess?

Yup. Do note this is a joint venture with Singtel which explains why everyone must go down personally to verify themselves for the account. A tad of a hassle but if one don't want to keep esaver, this is best alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.