Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya definitely will drop by haha.

Okay thank you!

Also are the places Im going in kyoto on each day within walkable distances? Except arashiyama to central; fushimi to nara.

Fushimi Inari >>>a big site that needs lots of walking especially through the Torii gates
Todaiji>>>within Nara park, its a big park, can consider renting a bicycle to move around the park and temples
Nara park surrounding

Day 2
Arashiyama (1/2 day)>>a walkable big place
Sannenzeka
Nishiki market
Potoncho
Gion

If you are not used to long walk, better train up now. :)

Last edited:

Kiwikleen

Reaction score
Fushimi Inari >>>a big site that needs lots of walking especially through the Torii gates
Todaiji>>>within Nara park, its a big park, can consider renting a bicycle to move around the park and temples
Nara park surrounding

Day 2
Arashiyama (1/2 day)>>a walkable big place
Sannenzeka
Nishiki market
Potoncho
Gion

If you are not used to long walk, better train up now. :)

Hahaha train.. I'm currently lying down in my airbnb home in Osaka. Great that we can cycle through Nara. I believe Arashiyama can be cycled through too right? ...

acertey

Reaction score
Train is really a long ride with multiple transfer. I can see 4-6 transfer and take like 6 hours of riding.

I think such case, maybe bus will be a better idea.

For Train, the route to Kawaguchiko is from osaka bullet train to kanto (Yokohama or Tokyo)
after that multiple transfers to Kawaguchiko

Example
fN09rhB.png

Expensive cost too.

If you really want to take shinkansen, then take to Mishima. Its one of the nearest shinkansen stn to Mt Fuji. Then from there take the Fujikyu bus
http://www.japan-guide.com/bus/gotemba.html But the trips are not a lot, so you have to time your connection

SHinkansen from Shin-Osaka
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/s...h_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7

Thanks bro, this seems like one of the better ways. This is under JR Pass as well right? Any idea how long is the journey if travel this way? 4hrs?

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hahaha train.. I'm currently lying down in my airbnb home in Osaka. Great that we can cycle through Nara. I believe Arashiyama can be cycled through too right? ...

Where do we rent bicycles from at certain popular attractions eh? Wouldn't mind cycling to a few places to explore.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They have rental shops dotting usually around the train stations. I rented my Nara bicycle from a neighborhood co-op near Kangoji back door

Arashiyama also has rental shops around station, I saw one right in front of Hankyu Arashiyama stn

Check out what they have to offer, the train passes are attractive if they fits your itinerary:

http://www.hankyu.co.jp/area_info/arashiyama-navi/en_renta_cycle.html

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro, this seems like one of the better ways. This is under JR Pass as well right? Any idea how long is the journey if travel this way? 4hrs?

You can take the Shin-Osaka dep 0743 train reaching Mishima at 1045. Then connect to Kawaguchigo bound bus at 1110. Reaching Kawaguchigo at 1245

If you take the above, all in time required from Shin-Osaka to Kawaguchigo is about 5hrs

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many of the sights in Arashiyama are up in the hills. So unless you have strong legs, sightseeing on a bike is not really that useful I think...

Vismark

Reaction score
Any place we can check for the forex rate for posb online transaction?
On 7th I book my Mount Fuji trip, 4 pax total amount 640sgd, 52k Yen. So the rate is about 81.25 only.
On the 7th the exchange rate according to xe.com is for sgd to yen is around 83.5 like this.
Then today the rate is around 86.3 le. If I take is as posb rate is around -2 of the xe.com rate, then the transaction rate I get today will be around 84.3?
If using 84.3 rate and I book again my fuji trip, I will save around total $23 for all 4 pax.
For the mount fuji trip I have free cancellation until a week before the trip. So no fee for it.
So I hope to see if there is any website or what I can check for the online transaction rate for posb or dbs.
If just save a few dollar I think I will forgo it.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any place we can check for the forex rate for posb online transaction?
On 7th I book my Mount Fuji trip, 4 pax total amount 640sgd, 52k Yen. So the rate is about 81.25 only.
On the 7th the exchange rate according to xe.com is for sgd to yen is around 83.5 like this.
Then today the rate is around 86.3 le. If I take is as posb rate is around -2 of the xe.com rate, then the transaction rate I get today will be around 84.3?
If using 84.3 rate and I book again my fuji trip, I will save around total $23 for all 4 pax.
For the mount fuji trip I have free cancellation until a week before the trip. So no fee for it.
So I hope to see if there is any website or what I can check for the online transaction rate for posb or dbs.
If just save a few dollar I think I will forgo it.

It's usually 2-3% off from the spot exchange rate (meaning xe.com's rates)

Vismark

Reaction score
It's usually 2-3% off from the spot exchange rate (meaning xe.com's rates)

If like this de hua I take today rate as 86, minus off 3% will be around 83.42.
If I cancel and book again, will save around $17.
Hmm.. okay then, might cancel and book again. Though not much but still I can buy a few souvenir from that saving haha.
Thanks for the advice!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yup, it is 2+hrs from shin-Osaka to mishima, then another 1.5hr by bus. refer to the links that cpuer shared. check the bus and train schedule to see how to make the connection to minimise waiting time.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i actually like ninen/sannenzaka more than Kiyomizudera. But like I said, it's so near, just make a small detour so no harm lo.

ninen/sannenzaka doesn't open that early right? i was thinking of doing kiyo at 7ish, so not sure how to fit it in without detour back from kodaiji etc. actually, maybe i can just do a detour hmmm?

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ninen/sannenzaka doesn't open that early right? i was thinking of doing kiyo at 7ish, so not sure how to fit it in without detour back from kodaiji etc. actually, maybe i can just do a detour hmmm?

You mean the shops there? probably wont be a lot if too early, it's for the tourists anyway. maybe some eateries that serve breakfast would be open. If just for experiencing a stroll on a very refined and classic Kyoto streets, ninen/sannenzaka are perfect. The Yasaka-no-to pagoda is very photogenic too
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/routes/g_route/img_gr31/gr31_06.jpg

Start from Kiyomizu, then passing by ninenzaka then to Kodaiji is very smooth route. And its all the way downhill(after you make the uphill walked to Kiyomizu)

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean the shops there? probably wont be a lot if too early, it's for the tourists anyway. maybe some eateries that serve breakfast would be open. If just for experiencing a stroll on a very refined and classic Kyoto streets, ninen/sannenzaka are perfect. The Yasaka-no-to pagoda is very photogenic too
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/routes/g_route/img_gr31/gr31_06.jpg

Start from Kiyomizu, then passing by ninenzaka then to Kodaiji is very smooth route. And its all the way downhill(after you make the uphill walked to Kiyomizu)

ya, the shops there. looks like i gotta make a detour. haha there's one big shop with samples of many kyoto snacks, was sampling like mad. and they still offer you hot tea. and got seats inside some more. their ice-cream v yummy!!

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is not exactly a detour

in fact I would say it is the best route. You go up to Kyomizudera from the bus stop and u go up the hill from one side...

you visit the temple and then you head down and you end at Yasaka shrine. Cross the road and you are in Gion area already.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

in fact I would say it is the best route. You go up to Kyomizudera from the bus stop and u go up the hill from one side...

you visit the temple and then you head down and you end at Yasaka shrine. Cross the road and you are in Gion area already.

combine with Ishibei-koji, it's just nice
http://www.insidekyoto.com/ishibei-koji-lane

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

it's not a detour even if i do
kiyomizudera -> kodaiji -> ninen/sannenzaka??

cos if i do kiyomizudera at 7ish am, when i'm done by 9am, not all the shops at ninen/sannenzaka might be opened, so i thought of doing kodaiji second.

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's not a detour even if i do
kiyomizudera -> kodaiji -> ninen/sannenzaka??

cos if i do kiyomizudera at 7ish am, when i'm done by 9am, not all the shops at ninen/sannenzaka might be opened, so i thought of doing kodaiji second.

dont worry lah, just walk back lo. Just more tiring only, its uphill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.