Result: Offered and accepted for AY16/17
Currently still in NS though.

My final will be 3.82
But o level r4 + 10 of yours. lol
I guess totally no chance for ntu bah
Just pray for interview man.

TAYTAYTAY

Reaction score
smu is a good sch but the mugging culture is no joke. im one of the smuggers in my sch la i admit but its cos i cant catch up in sch. rmb thurs was a ph cos of hari raya? well, the lib was crowded that day.
- smu year 1 business freshie

Sien1294

Reaction score
I'm not accountancy.
Nyp finance course lor
Got in via cca + appeal de
So that's why.

I think you stand a pretty good chance for SMU given that you perform well for interview :).

I was granted interview for SMU too but I withdrew from the application a few days before the interview because I felt the culture and teaching style doesn't really suit me. Plus the school fees is significantly more expensive while it is four years in duration. SMU is good of course, but just not for me.

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think you stand a pretty good chance for SMU given that you perform well for interview :).

I was granted interview for SMU too but I withdrew from the application a few days before the interview because I felt the culture and teaching style doesn't really suit me. Plus the school fees is significantly more expensive while it is four years in duration. SMU is good of course, but just not for me.

I wrote in with letter, they accepted me without interview.
But I'm ok with interviews & smu la
Just want go ntu cause 3 years.

Havok_ex

Reaction score
smu is a good sch but the mugging culture is no joke. im one of the smuggers in my sch la i admit but its cos i cant catch up in sch. rmb thurs was a ph cos of hari raya? well, the lib was crowded that day.
- smu year 1 business freshie

Lol. Which Uni doesn't have a strong mugging culture? AFAIK all the local unis have a high level of mugging in all their courses. For all the incoming students to the big 3 and sutd. Just be prepared. No such thing as an easy course/uni. Not sure about SIT since I don't know anyone studying there. But I hear their TUM course has a high attrition rate too.

TAYTAYTAY

Reaction score
im not sure about smu but i will just be offering my thoughts after close to half a sem in smu.
while smu always emphasizes on seminar style, etc. tbh the class participation percentage are not high, at least for year one, which accounts mostly 5-10% of overall grade. and from what i heard from seniors, class part % can only get as high as 15%, if not usually 5-10%. attendance is mostly counted in class part too. (im from smu biz btw, year 1)
i have another friend in nus biz. from what i heard is that one of the mod has a class part % of 30. and the prof expects really good answers.

hope this helps to those who are choosing a uni.

agenda

Master Member
Reaction score
im not sure about smu but i will just be offering my thoughts after close to half a sem in smu.
while smu always emphasizes on seminar style, etc. tbh the class participation percentage are not high, at least for year one, which accounts mostly 5-10% of overall grade. and from what i heard from seniors, class part % can only get as high as 15%, if not usually 5-10%. attendance is mostly counted in class part too. (im from smu biz btw, year 1)
i have another friend in nus biz. from what i heard is that one of the mod has a class part % of 30. and the prof expects really good answers.

CP can get as high as 20%, for select courses, it can get to 40% with the additional 20% defined as something else. But yes, anything that is 20% CP, you can expect alot of outspoken people who want to earn those marks.

But most of the time, year one mods are damn slack and freshmen say the darnest things ever. Wait till you reach year 3/4, you are expected to analyze case and argue your points quantitatively and qualitatively.

p0ngd0ng

Reaction score

Can attest to that.
30% class part for this particular module for y1s1. The other modules are either 10% or 20%. Even my General Education Module (in sociology dpt) has 20% cp.
Being quiet and fading into the background just doesn't cut it already. At least not for biz. Engineering has less (or almost no) focus on cp though.. just some suggestions..

Sent from phone using GAGT

Last edited:

iLikeYour

Reaction score
hey guys,
moi cgpa 3.90 from aerospace engineering
no cca
l1r4:10, l1r5:12

do you think i can get into ntu accountancy ??

AeroKing

Reaction score
i think cant unless you can get DOM

BTW
NYP ECC final year student
Next year apply NTU EEE or NUS EE
Hopefully can get in !

No use for a Name

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think relevance to course applied have much effect on chances, no prove on this. They care more about your GPA.

It still does.
But engineering to business can.
Business to engineering can't unless of course dwm in ntu but it's very low chance as well.

Evil Bunny

Reaction score
It still does.
But engineering to business can.
Business to engineering can't unless of course dwm in ntu but it's very low chance as well.

you must be kidding me :s13:
relevance only affect exemptions from what I have seen, really no prove on acceptance chances.
anyway, I believe 3.9 is good enough to get entry to NBS. course not related either.
because I did, 2 years ago that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.