The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

b3njaminlee

Reaction score
Any recommendation to get some gentlemen cut?

My hair is quite short so is it wise to go with

uE0TBh6.jpg

Sinnnn

Reaction score
Any recommendation on a good place to have a haircut? / Hair stylist? Ranging around 30-40ish?

Bulletbreaker

Reaction score
Seem to love the daimond Barber no.4 more and more, I just like how one scoop is enough to hold my hair in position. Dapper pulled me out of the MorrisMotley-only-for-hair game. Damn it Dapper :s13:

yoboy1

Reaction score
Hi, my hair is soft and fine and I perspire a lot. What should I use or do to keep my hair up? Starting hair sibei swee, go out perspire alot and hair goes flat.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
So.... I managed to steal some baxter of california hard water pomade and shear revival crystal lake from gaoxing. The ones that dapper gave him i suppose.

been trying them for a few times now and i stronger prefer the hard water pomade. Crystal lake is way too shiny and slick for me. I apply a tiny bit and it gets out of hand. Very hard for me to control. I'm using 1/4 my normal amount and it feels like i'm already using way too much.

Hard water pomade on the other hand seems more well behaved with moderate shine. Hold is also much easier to control. Good for formal slick looks imo. Also, not sure if its me, but i kind of notice this menthol cooling effect from the hard water pomade. Its different from the alcohol cooling effect, which it has too. Kind of interesting.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So.... I managed to steal some baxter of california hard water pomade and shear revival crystal lake from gaoxing. The ones that dapper gave him i suppose.

been trying them for a few times now and i stronger prefer the hard water pomade. Crystal lake is way too shiny and slick for me. I apply a tiny bit and it gets out of hand. Very hard for me to control. I'm using 1/4 my normal amount and it feels like i'm already using way too much.

Hard water pomade on the other hand seems more well behaved with moderate shine. Hold is also much easier to control. Good for formal slick looks imo. Also, not sure if its me, but i kind of notice this menthol cooling effect from the hard water pomade. Its different from the alcohol cooling effect, which it has too. Kind of interesting.
Baxter of California is lab brewed mah, so where can wrong :s22:

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been using the modern pirate pomade and can say it is easy to apply evenly, very very strong hold, smells OK too, not very shiny (3/5). Like it slightly better than slick devil which is harder to apply evenly for my fine and long hair.

Anybody can advise me what is the difference between this common modern pirate pomade vs those more ex more rare ones? I would love to try the other brands but I need to have a guide to see which ones I can compare with.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I've been using the modern pirate pomade and can say it is easy to apply evenly, very very strong hold, smells OK too, not very shiny (3/5). Like it slightly better than slick devil which is harder to apply evenly for my fine and long hair.

Anybody can advise me what is the difference between this common modern pirate pomade vs those more ex more rare ones? I would love to try the other brands but I need to have a guide to see which ones I can compare with.

well... for starters its the first time i heard of modern pirate pomade so to me this one is the rare one.... any specific brands you talking about?

dappergentleman

Reaction score

Most rare ones are collabs, mainly oil based or at best hybrids (oil and water combined)

If you like modern pirate you would like uppercut or even tremolos water based pomade (homebrewed, jar isnt very pretty and not very well known, but gives a good solid hold).

Sent from TGS using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.