Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
cRXRTcCl.jpg

Sent from a based SONY using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
Id assume so actually. For me, Lockhart's matte clay still has that traditional pomade feeling, while Baxter's clay might feel more like you say, metro?
Thanks, using Baxter's Clay today - swearing off traditional gel/oil pomades permanently. I'm not longer a fan of the slicked down look. Baxter's Clay probably gives me the neatest look I can "tahan".

Anyways, with regards to hair falling flat, I'm going to perm my hair this saturday. This will likely turn out to be a better long term solution to just using sea salt spray and blow dryer.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, using Baxter's Clay today - swearing off traditional gel/oil pomades permanently. I'm not longer a fan of the slicked down look. Baxter's Clay probably gives me the neatest look I can "tahan".

Anyways, with regards to hair falling flat, I'm going to perm my hair this saturday. This will likely turn out to be a better long term solution to just using sea salt spray and blow dryer.
Yes, personally i much prefer Baxter's clay, and the smell to me also quite addictive.

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

dappergentleman

Reaction score

Yes, personally i much prefer Baxter's clay, and the smell to me also quite addictive.

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

Hohoho. Interesting shift we are seeing here. Anyone else swearing off water/oil/hybrid pomades?

Sent from TGS using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lol later you will change again. lol. there's no perm for you :s8::s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so far all the "pomade" i have used. lol

I like Baxter strength and look but can be very oily after a while.
I like Blind Barber 90 look and ease of application, hardens awhile but if your hands is wet and try to touch, it may lose hold. Still very fibre like. It should be renamed as cream or wax.

but both strong as f.

still waiting for my friend to return me the Crystal Lake and Lockhart pomade before i can test.

gonna play with david elliot matte pomade this weekend.

morris motley is still at the pinnacle of all the hair products i have tried.

heard so many rave reviews of Daimon barber 4 pomade. maybe will give it a try.

my current go to products
Baxter Clay Pomade
Baxter Hard Cream
Blind Barber 90
Dynamite Clay

no $ for Morris Motley. hahaha

and most importantly, the BluMaan original. lol yet to see the market.
some will love it, some will hate it.

for me, i would say, pushing towards like. but only can decide when the actual thing is out.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Disclaimer = Its not I don't like pomades, its just that I'm not a fan of the slicked down, high and tight looks with a "curry puff" that most people here are fond of.

The only pomades that work well for my desired style is either Blind Barber's 90 proof or Baxter's Clay, both of which are not actually pomades (its just marketing)

In fact, Dynamite Clay is the best I have used so far. It has never let me down and always has hit the sweet spot.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Between Blind Barber and Baxter's.. Baxter's is still the best product I've ever used.

I still remembered Baxter's being ridiculed when I first mentioned it here.. Times have changed indeed..

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

lol suan ah suan.

:s8::s8::s8:

but clay pomade? haha i still don't buy it.. haha whatever its call, use only.
but can be tooo oily after a entire day of use.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer = Its not I don't like pomades, its just that I'm not a fan of the slicked down, high and tight looks with a "curry puff" that most people here are fond of.

The only pomades that work well for my desired style is either Blind Barber's 90 proof or Baxter's Clay, both of which are not actually pomades (its just marketing)

In fact, Dynamite Clay is the best I have used so far. It has never let me down and always has hit the sweet spot.

like whysoliddat?
apparently that's the shiet now. haha

dj_flame

Reaction score
but clay pomade? haha i still don't buy it.. haha whatever its call, use only.
but can be tooo oily after a entire day of use.
Exactly, don't use too much - 10 cent amounts max! When I do this I get just a touch of the oil to make sure my hair stays soft and flexible.

But that means.....I have to re-apply after 4-5 hours. In this regard the Blind Barber 90 Proof is better.

like whysoliddat?
apparently that's the shiet now. haha
Yup dislike that. I prefer Felix's or Ben's hair on the Morris Motley Instagram; messier and with grown out edges.

Images for ref:
tumblr_ngwtr7zl4A1tzyq5vo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.