Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothtalker

Reaction score
I have an inverter system 3 aircon in my house. recently done a chemical wash on the aircon in my room and gas pumped into the compressor. but on somenights the room will be cold and other nights it will alternate between cold and warm.

does anyone know what's the problem exactly?
Pls advise.

How old your aircon? Gas top is often cheat money one. Refrigerant won't go missing even after 10 years. It's piping leak that's why loss of pressure.

You check yourself la. See got sweating or icing issue not etc. or take amp meter see the running current against the manual. dunno just call the technician

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Do not buy from TRENTIOS portable aircon!

1) Not cold. Only Cold air! (personal opinion)
2) Exorbitant service charge. If you buy from them, don't get them to service. Their service charge is $200+ onwards. Might as well buy another portable aircon if yours spoilt.

badkham07

Reaction score
I have recently bought a resale unit, and this unit has an EuropAce Inverter sys 3 aircon which is fixed up about a year ago. I will be renovating my unit, and have a couple of question.

1) As the piping and electrical for the aircon is not done up nicely, I am wondering if any aircon company can help to reinstall the units? If so how much would it cost?

2) The other option for me is to replace with a Mitsubishi sys 3 inverter aircon. Are there any aircon company that is willing to take in my current EuropAce (either as a trade in or direct sell off)?

compressor ESAC M321/CU
indoor unit: ESAC C09FC

thanks.

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
I live in a 4 room HDB flat. Currently have one super old model sanyo air-con (prolly more than 10 years old) that's un-serviceable already.
Now planning to get a new system 2 aircon for masterbed room and 1 room. Can anyone recommend a good company and aircon brand? Very new in this area

Currently got aircon promo here, http://brighthouse.com.sg/index.php?route=common/home

Mitsubishi H.I. 4 ticks. Anyone used this coy before?

chengs21

Reaction score
can help me clear some facts?
is 4 ticks means the aircon won't be that cold and take longer to cool the room? was told by sales pple.

and is the armaflex 3/4 good enough for a HDB.

I'm considering between MHI or ME system 2.

MHI i was told made in China 4 ticks
ME is made in Thailand. 3 ticks
and the sales person told me that MHI is harder to repair if there is something wrong.

Reaction score
can help me clear some facts?
is 4 ticks means the aircon won't be that cold and take longer to cool the room? was told by sales pple.

and is the armaflex 3/4 good enough for a HDB.

I'm considering between MHI or ME system 2.

MHI i was told made in China 4 ticks
ME is made in Thailand. 3 ticks
and the sales person told me that MHI is harder to repair if there is something wrong.

Armaflex 3/4?? Or u mean 3/8?

Armaflex 3/8" is usually the "standard package", sufficiently good enough for HDB. Up-gradable to Armaflex 1/2". Armaflex 3/4" is too thick for standard HDB bedroom units.

MHI is "harder to repair" because it is less popular compared to ME currently. ME being the more preferred brand in the market currently, it is easier to find and get it's 2nd hand spare parts if any is needed for repair. 2nd hand aircon spare parts are generally much cheaper compared to brand new ones.

weiiix

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just to check for system 4 (4A28), if using 24k,10k×3 is it that when we on the living room one, we are unable to on 1 inside the room?

Or how do i know the limits? Its base on the btu or current?

Was still thinking to get 18k or 24k for the living room.

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just to check for system 4 (4A28), if using 24k,10k×3 is it that when we on the living room one, we are unable to on 1 inside the room?

Or how do i know the limits? Its base on the btu or current?

Was still thinking to get 18k or 24k for the living room.

Thank you very much.

Limits based on the BTU capacity :)

rgym3000

Reaction score
Any expert can advise me where can i get Toshiba Inverter system 5. I want to cover 4 bedroons and 1 living/dining area.

Thanks.

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i am looking at System-4 Mitsubishi for my 5-room HDB and quoted below by my friend recommended air con company :

Cu model - SCM80 at 32000 btu
And fcu model - SRK 25 at 9000 btu x 4 nos

Total including labour : $3680 nett

Is the price ok?? Guru please advise! :)

Last edited:

volley05

Reaction score
Hi guys i am looking at System-4 Mitsubishi for my 5-room HDB and quoted below by my friend recommended air con company :

Cu model - SCM80 at 32000 btu
And fcu model - SRK 25 at 9000 btu x 4 nos

Total including labour : $3680 nett

Is the price ok?? Guru please advise! :)

you mean 4 x 9k btu in your house? living room also using 9k? from what i understand its not gonna be enough for living room. price seems on high side if tts the case for 4x9k btu.

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you mean 4 x 9k btu in your house? living room also using 9k? from what i understand its not gonna be enough for living room. price seems on high side if tts the case for 4x9k btu.

nope not installing in living room, installing 4 air con (3 rooms and 1 study room)

requested for thicker insulation also

Last edited:

kenaacheated

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone advise me on my case: I have 1 condenser/outside unit, link to 2 aircon/inside unit, one aircon works fine, the other aircon not cold at all.

Which part should be check? and any recommended aircon company that has good troubleshooting experience?

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone advise me on my case: I have 1 condenser/outside unit, link to 2 aircon/inside unit, one aircon works fine, the other aircon not cold at all.

Which part should be check? and any recommended aircon company that has good troubleshooting experience?

Need more details to know where to check. 1st thing, how long u never service it alr?

bosssaizo

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
FYI, any form of Unsolicited Content (Commercial solicitation / Ads / Referrals / Spam) is not allowed in the forum.

We will infract, suspend or ban members/air con servicing companies who fail to stick to the rules.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks.

thamkw2002

Reaction score
new installation Mit Starmax Sys4 installed on 2nd Nov

Hi, Have some questions for the Gurus here:
1) After everything has been installed, do they need to pump down the lines before they release the gas to the pipes ?
2) Remember someone saying set at 25 degree is already very very cold, but i don't feel that in my MB 13K BTU as compared to my non inverter previously, is there some problem with my installation?
3) When after they filled up all the pipes with the compressor gas to all the FCU, do they need to topup or at least check to see if the compressor gas level is still at operating spec?

Thank you all in advance.

terumo

Reaction score
To chamkw2002,
They need to vacuum the pipes first before releasing the gas into the pipes and test run the system.
What temp do you set for your master room?
They can check by the gas level or fancoil coil coldness.

terumo

Reaction score
To weiiix,

If you on all fancoil (9 x 3 + 18) based on 4a28.
The 18k will reduce to around say 14-16k btu while the bedrooms will become 5-6k btu each,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.