Microsoft Surface

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
quite worth it the deal :o

btw surface 3 can install things like vlc, google drive etc right?

Rickosw

Reaction score
Sitex wait last day throw free keyboard and maybe other stuffs. But from what I know, usually surface 3 we don't throw in keyboard. Speaking from experience

Sent from OnePlus Two using GAGT

thanks for this info, will be helpful for others who are keen ...
but when u say throw in keyboard & other freebies, this is not coming from MSFT SG per se, rather third party vendors?

eg, challenger, best denki, havey norman, gain city, etc?

also last day? from afternoon or evening time ?

brownpaper2

Reaction score
wonder if i should wait for Sitex or buy Surface 3 now

Im also looking to get it...a bit hesitant on the online store. So Sitex is it better to go to the show or the retailers can already? Im hoping for some discounts...the free keyboard is tempting.

sumkong

Reaction score
I bought and used the surface 3 (128gb, 4gb ram) for about a month plus. I must say it is a very good tablet for writing, surfing the net and watching movies. It does not lack at all for light to normal use. I don't play games so cannot comment much on that.

When I bought this, it came with the pen and type cover free from Microsoft, not from reseller. As such, I believe MS will probably come back with the same promotion sometime later given surface pro 4 now being the hot item that more or less affected the sale of the surface 3.

With student discount, the surface 3 128gb version is only $808. It is really a worthwhile buy.

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought and used the surface 3 (128gb, 4gb ram) for about a month plus. I must say it is a very good tablet for writing, surfing the net and watching movies. It does not lack at all for light to normal use. I don't play games so cannot comment much on that.

When I bought this, it came with the pen and type cover free from Microsoft, not from reseller. As such, I believe MS will probably come back with the same promotion sometime later given surface pro 4 now being the hot item that more or less affected the sale of the surface 3.

With student discount, the surface 3 128gb version is only $808. It is really a worthwhile buy.
Got to agree that time MS giving out the free type cover and pen was the best offer. IIRC, it was close to two months back. If not for the release of the SP4, I would have grabbed that deal.

Sent from OnePlus Two using GAGT

brownpaper2

Reaction score
wow I didn't know they gave keyboard & pen 2 months ago...that's really better!

I need it for Jan...I just hope I can see something good happening to Surface 3 deals by then. Im just caught as to whether I should check out sitex, the microsoft store itself or even black friday deals.

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
not too bad ... this is the type of promo MSFT should be pushing if they wana to go with the story of Tablet that can replace laptop

just curious - is this the FIRST TIME MSFT have this promo for Surface tablet?

any Bro, remember MSFT giving similar promo for Surface Pro 3 ???

thanks!
About 2 months back, they had a similar promo for the Surface 3. Free Type cover & pen for each purchase. I bought the $898 version and got the cover & pen free.

For light to normal use, Surface 3 is really mobile-friendly. Only thing I still can't get use is using it in tablet mode with the keyboard flip all the way behind. Just psychological cos keep feeling the keys made me feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:

s-ghost

Honorary Member
Reaction score
wow free keyboard and pen is really good. any idea can check when the current promo will end?

Bobby Goh

Reaction score
The current offer ends on 10/11/2015.

Terms & conditions: Offer valid from SGT 07:00am on 3 November 2015 to SGT 11:59pm on 10 November 2015. Offer is available while supplies last. Available in Microsoft online store in Singapore only. Offer valid with purchase of Surface 3. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon code(s). May not be combinable with other offers. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 1 offer per customer.

Can find this block of text at the end of Surface 3 page.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.