The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think its important to understand what are we buying and using. And bro, you seem to understand the rationale of these different products which make me glad. Different products serve different purposes and this explains why the products that I am carrying is always distinct from another.

Anyway, to update here for those interested. Manage to get hold of a decent sulphate free organic shampoo. The moisturizing effect and cleansing strength is really good. After using it, it just made me speechless. Been using it for the past few months and even my gf is hooked onto it. If you're one who is looking out for organic stuffs, you should really take a good look then. :)

Welcome bro. I am just sharing my personal views that all.

I am interested in the sulphate free organic shampoo. Is it available soon as my Feeling Show Shampoo is running low. Haha...

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering, when hairdressers say things like "do you want a slope haircut for the back of the head", what does "slope" term means? I've been hearing this term since I was a kid with no idea what it really means.

I tried googling for images of "slope hairstyles for back of head" but get all kinds of different weird images :s22::s22::s22:

How does "slope" differ from the usual cuts for the back of the head? Would appreciate if someone can show some images.

Tks!

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering, when hairdressers say things like "do you want a slope haircut for the back of the head", what does "slope" term means? I've been hearing this term since I was a kid with no idea what it really means.

I tried googling for images of "slope hairstyles for back of head" but get all kinds of different weird images :s22::s22::s22:

How does "slope" differ from the usual cuts for the back of the head? Would appreciate if someone can show some images.

Tks!

Just wondering what is your answer to your hairdresser each time u were asked if u want cut slope, since u were a kid? Lol

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Tks!

high slope = google for taper haircut

normal slope = a less steep taper lor

btw fade = a SUPER steep taper.

if not slope/taper/fade = everything else lor...

mus rmb if u google u mus use angmoh terms... sinkie/msia hairstylist terms usually different one.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering what is your answer to your hairdresser each time u were asked if u want cut slope, since u were a kid? Lol
haha, i didn't know the difference up till now, so when i get asked this question, i usually say no. i remember when i was a kid (pri sch), i did have a slope cut at the back but couldn't tell the diff.

high slope = google for taper haircut

normal slope = a less steep taper lor

btw fade = a SUPER steep taper.

if not slope/taper/fade = everything else lor...

mus rmb if u google u mus use angmoh terms... sinkie/msia hairstylist terms usually different one.

haha, tks death....so slope == taper.

the google images you linked above seems very diff from the type I had in mind.

see these images below:
short-hair-style-back-view-Short_Hairstyle_Back_View_8-300x209.jpg

fc3d45f92c8894044ad1a75d21be8131.jpg

8c89584d0c73e891fb244b6721287694.jpg

This type (the huge volume at the back) is not considered slope right?
Is there a term for this sort of cut for the back? I'm trying to achieve this on the back of my head. Not sure how they get the thick puffy volume in there. Is it because their hair is naturally thick? Even in SG, I've seen a few guys and some ladies with this sort of very thick back hairstyle.

Tks!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
haha, i didn't know the difference up till now, so when i get asked this question, i usually say no. i remember when i was a kid (pri sch), i did have a slope cut at the back but couldn't tell the diff.

haha, tks death....so slope == taper.

the google images you linked above seems very diff from the type I had in mind.

see these images below:
short-hair-style-back-view-Short_Hairstyle_Back_View_8-300x209.jpg

fc3d45f92c8894044ad1a75d21be8131.jpg

8c89584d0c73e891fb244b6721287694.jpg

This type (the huge volume at the back) is not considered slope right?
Is there a term for this sort of cut for the back? I'm trying to achieve this on the back of my head. Not sure how they get the thick puffy volume in there. Is it because their hair is naturally thick? Even in SG, I've seen a few guys and some ladies with this sort of very thick back hairstyle.

Tks!

layer. the last pic looks like theres a slope underneath. i think they called it an A Line bob.... lemme go check

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about those 2liter bottle korean brand of olive shampoo? I see quite cheap leh. Dono good anot

Sent from a parallel universe without using GAGT

Olive oil is a natural ingredient which is well known for 2 points. Enhancing shine and taming frizzy hair. It is able to tame frizzy hair due to its moisturizing properties and able to enhance shine as it "applies" a outer coat onto the hair - result? A healthier and shinier hair. However, such treatment can be messy as it can stain your clothes etc. As always, there are always alternate solutions and one of such is leave-in conditioner. For people interested to find out more abt IV-III instant treatment that i just brought in, pls see below link.

IV-III Instant Treatment Conditioner

So now to answer your question, i may not have used this product before but if its me, i would reconsider as it is usually marketing gimmick (ie olive shampoo). For us to derive benefits from olive oil or other natural ingredients, these are usually in the form of high quality and low frequency (do not have to use daily for sure). For instance, honey is good but if you take the most common type of honey - clover honey and compare to manuka honey, the effectiveness of both are significantly different tho both are honeys.

So, IMO, you will be better off using a shampoo and olive oil treatment separately.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Hi all,

Tks!
Dude. Just use a picture and ask the hairstylist to follow it. If prodded, just tell them to follow the picture.

The correct term is taper, but local stylists usually don't have that word in their vocabulary.

I use the term "blended" or "连接 (Lianjie)" - that indicates I prefer less undercut and more continuous flow from the longer top hairs to the bottom. Especially "连接", most of the chinese-speaking stylists understand immediately what I meant.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Dude. Just use a picture and ask the hairstylist to follow it. If prodded, just tell them to follow the picture.

The correct term is taper, but local stylists usually don't have that word in their vocabulary.

I use the term "blended" or "连接 (Lianjie)" - that indicates I prefer less undercut and more continuous flow from the longer top hairs to the bottom. Especially "连接", most of the chinese-speaking stylists understand immediately what I meant.

i dont think its any more a "correct term". they probably learn to call it that in local salon schools. perhaps "american term" would be more correct. or "western term".

as i explained before... undercut also means different things to the local stylists as compared to what the youtubers like to call it. the last bob picture (the one that i said has a slope inside) would be very legitimately called an undercut by locally trained stylists.

in the end, best is show picture. if dun wan show picture, better explain the terms you are using to the stylist to avoid major disappointments.

dappergentleman

Reaction score

Still in melb? Or Sydney?

Kinda digging my holiday hair..
Wh1HaH3l.jpg

Sent from TGS using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
o.... she buy from salon one ar? looks like that kind sia
Online I think. Its nothing special but it gets the job done. Main thing is that its free. :)

Anyone try the ebl taste before? Like value only sia~~~
Not bad. Softer than dynamite clay, hold almost as good. Easy to wash out. Its like the Camry to Dynamite Clay's Lexus.

Still in melb? Or Sydney?

Kinda digging my holiday hair..
Wh1HaH3l.jpg
Lol back in Singapore dude.

Your hair looks Taiwan/HK college kid. =:p

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.