Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgspurs

Reaction score
You should be able to get at Haneda airport. If you are on M1, can activate M1 Data passport. =)

Thanks. Will look out for it when I'm there. Anyone has any recommendations which shop or plan is good ?

dimitri_can, thanks for your help so far. Apologies that I didn't know in advance that you also provide rental of mifi devices. Otherwise, would have rented from you. I'm flying tomorrow early morning.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it straightforward to buy Doraemon museum tickets at Lawson? How many days is recommended in advance? I am thinking of Voyagin but as I will be staying at Airbnb, i would need to collect at their office which is slightly inconvenient.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sapporo Snow Festival

how many days did you guys spend in sapporo/otaru for the snow fest? thinking of doing hokkaido-tohoku-tokyo in 2017.

might want to go to lake toya/hakodate also. then train down to tohoku. furano not worth visiting this period?

for tohoku, undecided on places but might want to do 3D2N nikko side trip from tokyo.

how many days is good? 12D too short? don't mind skipping tohoku otherwise.

wArmsun

Reaction score
Can go Japan free and easy or not? Can the locals communicate in english if we ask for directions? Coz if I go tour package hor, worried everything will be rushed then will not enjoy..

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can go Japan free and easy or not? Can the locals communicate in english if we ask for directions? Coz if I go tour package hor, worried everything will be rushed then will not enjoy..

can. some can some cannot.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Will look out for it when I'm there. Anyone has any recommendations which shop or plan is good ?

dimitri_can, thanks for your help so far. Apologies that I didn't know in advance that you also provide rental of mifi devices. Otherwise, would have rented from you. I'm flying tomorrow early morning.

it's ok. My purpose of the post is not to "sell" my services.
Just for info purposes. =)

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use Google maps and translate. Google maps is pretty good. Been using it a lot in Tokyo.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My way is silent mode.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

easy to do free and easy in japan even if u dun speak Japanese. English signs and menus common especially in big cities like Tokyo and Osaka, as well as popular tourist spots.
I dunno any Japanese, except for the usual 'excuse me' and 'thank you', and still managed to get ard, even to more ulu places

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Monday I was in the wrong platform to nakano. A salaryman came to ask if he could help in English. He showed me to the right platform even though he was in a hurry. Really appreciated that.

rachlr

Reaction score
Just got back from a solo trip (Kyoto 6 days, Tokyo 11 days) and thinking of going back in Mar/Apr for cherry blossoms. Friends advised against it and suggested Seoul instead since I just got back from Japan, shopping in Seoul is cheaper and I'd be able to see the cherry blossoms in Jeju (but honestly think the domestic flight there from Seoul isn't worth it).

Heart says Japan but brains says Seoul. Help please?!

I went without an itinerary cause I didn't want to but managed to visit important landmarks in Kyoto like the temples. Tokyo for main districts like shinjuku, shibuya etc. BUT I still feel like I could have gone to more places given the number of days I had? Didn't manage to visit Nara or Hakone but spent a day at Osaka for the aquarium. And also because I start my day late at about 1pm/2pm everyday? That leaves about 2 hrs plus of "day" for me until the sun sets at 430 ish.

I have allocated about 11 days in late Mar/Apr 2016. And I'm not sure if I should split my trip between Osaka/Tokyo or just stay in Tokyo? I'm thinking Tokyo then the next trip to Japan would be Osaka/Kyoto/Nara which makes more economical sense since I can get the Kansai JR pass. Or just... forgo trip to Tokyo and do Seoul instead.

What say you people? Some suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :spin:

eq2addict

Master Member
Reaction score
if based in osaka u can go kobe himeji kyoto nara hiroshima kinosaki arima plus a lot more....

if tokyo also a lot more daytrips also. if u wake up early haha...

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it straightforward to buy Doraemon museum tickets at Lawson? How many days is recommended in advance? I am thinking of Voyagin but as I will be staying at Airbnb, i would need to collect at their office which is slightly inconvenient.

Anyone? Thanks.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a solo trip (Kyoto 6 days, Tokyo 11 days) and thinking of going back in Mar/Apr for cherry blossoms. Friends advised against it and suggested Seoul instead since I just got back from Japan, shopping in Seoul is cheaper and I'd be able to see the cherry blossoms in Jeju (but honestly think the domestic flight there from Seoul isn't worth it).

I went without an itinerary cause I didn't want to but managed to visit important landmarks in Kyoto like the temples. Tokyo for main districts like shinjuku, shibuya etc. BUT I still feel like I could have gone to more places given the number of days I had? Didn't manage to visit Nara or Hakone but spent a day at Osaka for the aquarium. And also because I start my day late at about 1pm/2pm everyday? That leaves about 2 hrs plus of "day" for me until the sun sets at 430 ish.

I have allocated about 11 days in late Mar/Apr 2016. And I'm not sure if I should split my trip between Osaka/Tokyo or just stay in Tokyo? I'm thinking Tokyo then the next trip to Japan would be Osaka/Kyoto/Nara which makes more economical sense since I can get the Kansai JR pass. Or just... forgo trip to Tokyo and do Seoul instead.

What say you people? Some suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :spin:
If you can do Tokyo, you can try side trips like Yokohama, Nikko, Nagano, Nagoya, Shizuoka, etc.
I am personally a Osaka person, cos my hairstylist is in Himeji.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i'm doing seoul-busan for late mar-early april! i didn't check for sure but there might be fewer hotel choices for tokyo/osaka already i think. i've just returned from my 15 day japan trip over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.