Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello,
can i ask, if i fly into tokyo and head to kyoto for 3N, head to tokyo for 4N then fly out?
can i buy the train tickets online from SG? it seems to cost my about 10k yen
reserved seating i suppose right and also dependent on whether i take the nozomi or the other normal trains... right? :)

happy 2016 !

weathersohot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it worth delaying the trip by one month for the Sakura?

I intend to go in mid March to April, but it will mean that I will start my first job a month later

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK. Any cheap ryokan to recommend? Haha. possible less than $100 a night for couple???

i booked a JTB network ryokan, so it was thoerugh them

100 per pax per night is tough , given that you have access to 7 onsens + kiseiki dinner, which is all seasonal seafood.... in Mid nov , my family had 2 crabs each

we paid avg 200 per person, so ya .... all things equal... it is not THAT expensive compared to ryokans in other areas

Taopokz

Reaction score
Anybody can recommend ONE sushiya to visit in Tokyo? I have looked through tabelog but still can't decide on one. Budget hopefully not above 30k yen.

If reservation have to be made how long before must I do the booking? Will be visiting during first week of April.

d0hique

Reaction score
hello,

I'll be in Tokyo at the end of this month, and just realised that Ghibli museum tickets are hard to get. Anyone has advice on how I can purchase tickets now? the bridge website isn't taking any more orders for January..

thanks!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any sites to purchase 7 days bullet train ticket?

there is also H.I.S at 100am (Amara) in tanjong pagar.
the JR pass price is fixed at 29110yen, but different retailers use different exchange rates. so u may want to compare around and see which is cheapest.
HIS accepts payment in yen. so if u have good rates for ur yen, can buy from HIS.

note that when u purchase here, it is only the exchange order for the JR pass. u will need to use the exchange order to obtain the actually pass when u are in japan

Spintronics

Reaction score
hello,

I'll be in Tokyo at the end of this month, and just realised that Ghibli museum tickets are hard to get. Anyone has advice on how I can purchase tickets now? the bridge website isn't taking any more orders for January..

thanks!

How about JTB/HIS?

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you send an English email to an inn requesting late check in

And the inn replies one word: 'ko'

Is this possibly a typo, or is this the Japanese way of saying NO?

Janetlohloh

Reaction score
there is also H.I.S at 100am (Amara) in tanjong pagar.
the JR pass price is fixed at 29110yen, but different retailers use different exchange rates. so u may want to compare around and see which is cheapest.
HIS accepts payment in yen. so if u have good rates for ur yen, can buy from HIS.

note that when u purchase here, it is only the exchange order for the JR pass. u will need to use the exchange order to obtain the actually pass when u are in japan

Where to collect the pass? Airport?

blackgunner2

Reaction score
if i have 2 days 1 night for 1 of the 3 places below, which one of them would be first priority for first timers?

1. nagasaki
2. kumamoto
3. kagoshima

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i have 2 days 1 night for 1 of the 3 places below, which one of them would be first priority for first timers?

1. nagasaki
2. kumamoto
3. kagoshima

think this is very subjective. really depend on ur interest.
maybe u can list the places u plan to visit in each city, then we can better advise which one will make more economical sense or which is too rush/packed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.