Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qoojay

Reaction score
Just confirmed my order to replace all the aircon from current Macquay (12 yrs old) to Mit starmex sys 2 & 3. Took the older model with 2 ticks cos the compressor BTU is 25000. The new model with 5 ticks is only 20000 so if on all 3 unit it wun be cold enough, I was told. Also I am using the existing pipings to save some cost.

alpc

Reaction score
Any reason why mits seems to have a very strong presence here with so many recommendation for it? I always thought mits pays a lot for marketing and may not be that great...

I am currently using toshiba (for 5 years), and will be moving to a new place within 2 years, so looking at aircon again.

Skyeagle

Reaction score
Too long to read through all the posts...

To all the experts:

1) What is the best recommendation for a 4 room HDB flat for an air con system (All rooms and living room)

2) What's the estimate cost for laying the trunking, pipes ,etc?

3) The distributor will come over to take a look on how to do the layout of the trunking, etc?

Thanks.

qrsy2k

Reaction score
Hi experts, would 24k btu fcu in living room an overkill for new bto flats? Was recommended in getting the 38k btu compressor with a 24k btu fcu for living room. Thanks guys

terumo

Reaction score
To qrsy2k,
For 4 room flat, 18k btu is good enough.
5 room flat to use 24k btu.
38k btu compressor is an overkill unless you on all 4 units at the same time often.

terumo

Reaction score
To Skyeagle,

1) 9k btu for bedrooms + 18k btu for living.
2) $3k+ - $4k+
3) Usually they will come down for a assessment first before installing.

qrsy2k

Reaction score
To qrsy2k,
For 4 room flat, 18k btu is good enough.
5 room flat to use 24k btu.
38k btu compressor is an overkill unless you on all 4 units at the same time often.

Hi Terumo, thanks for your answer. If i use MXY-4A28VA compressor will i be able to on both the living room aircon and 1 room aircon concurrently?

Another concern of mine was the aircon in the living room will take very long to cool if i use the 18k btu fcu.

tancheeru

Reaction score
Just change to daikin non-inverter ma56ev1 with x 3 ft25dvm (9000 btu).
The thing was if compare this system with my previous inverter system, there was a bit different with the degree setting.

Current system need to set as 22c then it equal to my previous 24c.

Call the shop, they told me this was the different between non and inverter system.
it will not as cold as inverter system. Is this true? Shouldn't it to be same cold in same temperature setting?

EsPpY

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I just ask if this Gain City $99 for 5 years warranty is a good, legit idea? Heard it's still chargeable despite the "warranty".

Not to mention GC will jack you on the pipe from 22 to 23 gauge when installing; or was it the other way round. Happened to my friend.

zeppelin

Reaction score
Can I just ask if this Gain City $99 for 5 years warranty is a good, legit idea? Heard it's still chargeable despite the "warranty".

Not to mention GC will jack you on the pipe from 22 to 23 gauge when installing; or was it the other way round. Happened to my friend.

I'm a customer of GC and I bought my second unit in 10 years, never happen to me before and they honor the warranty once when my last aircon was down.

terumo

Reaction score
To qrsy2k,

If you on living + one bedroom, its fine as 9k + 18k = 27k btu.
If you want your living room to cool down faster then upgrade to 24k btu.

terumo

Reaction score
To tancheeru,
Ma56 is around 21k btu.
It might be been to your previous inverter is 27k btu, hence the drop in btu capacity, thus takes a longer time to cool down.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just bought mits heavy industry

Sys 3. Room is 9k btu. Living room is 12k btu.

Total 3100

baku00

Reaction score
sys 2

looking for Mitsubishi starmex sys 2 , but I'm confused why the old 4 ticks now all 2 ticks nia ?
what models are the new 5 ticks ?

is there any panasonic models with 4 or 5 ticks ?

also i see installation done with quality materials, which shops will do installation with the good material?

also 20000 btu cu is enough for 2 9000 btu room units ? if so y some units sold with 28000 btu ?

Regards

Last edited:

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
looking for Mitsubishi starmex sys 2 , but I'm confused why the old 4 ticks now all 2 ticks nia ?
what models are the new 5 ticks ?

is there any panasonic models with 4 or 5 ticks ?

also i see installation done with quality materials, which shops will do installation with the good material?

also 20000 btu cu is enough for 2 9000 btu room units ? if so y some units sold with 28000 btu ?

Regards

I bought panasonic sys 2 9k btu new 4 tick model from qoo10 with discount coupon so far working well

terumo

Reaction score
To baku00,

Panasonic just launched a new series with higher number of ticks.

20k btu outdoor is sufficient for 2 x 9k btu.
28k btu outdoor is for other combi like 12k + 18k or 18k + 9k setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.