Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendi85

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't even bother. just put all your cash in your wallet (or split half with your partner/wife). japan is not like europe, there is neglible risk of getting pick-pocketed or robbed. and since you're renting whole apartment i also don't see any need to lock up your bags or whatever.

*disclaimer* of course, "low crime doesn't mean no crime" :) but i go japan carry 300-400k yen in cash without worrying one bit about it (some in wallet some in wife handbag some leave behind in unlocked luggage).

How much is the salary of an average Japan person ?

clayghost

Reaction score
How much is the salary of an average Japan person ?

Not a problem if you don't go seedy place actually ; why care how much they earn? They are not really needing money to spend , they rather put money in bank without interest until the banks want to force them spend money with negative interest! Most Japanese are safe la not like some countries.

edit

Unless you are just curious then sorry :p

Last edited:

eriko_koh

Reaction score
If I am heading to bamboo grove and Nara on day 1 and day 2 to Osaka, is it advisable to buy 2 days kintetsu rail pass?

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, how to get to this place from Tokyo?
Does it mention if reservations are required for the buffet?
Any min pax for the buffet? any days they are closed?
many thanks

http://thefish.co.jp/restaurant/maruhama/

translate from the website.

Limited Express Sazanami
Tokyo Station - Hamakanaya Station 1hr 30 mins

Regular Train
Tokyo Station - Kimitsu Station - Hamakanaya Station 2 hrs

Tokyo-wan Ferry
Yokosuka - Hamakanaya 35 mins

is it worth it to spend so much travelling time to eat? :s22:

You can try get Visa Concierge to book for you

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

oceanstar

Reaction score
travelling time ok lah...Chiba leh
i can only find such in Chiba..not expensive lah...only 2700 yen.
travelling fee i think is about 1000 yen 1 way

pro-fork

Reaction score
I will be to and fro osaka in late apr. what is your comments for the below itinerary.

Day 1 - Land osaka 3pm - haruka express to kyoto - stay gion - visit yasaka shrine, pontocho alley.

Day 2 - Nijo castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, Ninna ji Temple (Tenative Late bloom cherry blossom) Arashiyama by Bus Tenryu-ji Temple Bamboo Forest

Day 3 - Kiyomizu-dera temple Ginkaku-ji + Jishu Shrine Path of Philosophy Nishiki Market Daimaru Depachika Ippudo Gogyo Ramen - roasted miso and shoyu ramen

Day 4 - Fushimi Inari Nara - Nara Park > Kasuga Shrine > Nigatsudo Shrine > Todai-ji Temple > Kofukuji Isui-en Garden.

Day 5 - Shinkansen to Hiroshima (8am) > early check in > Train to Miyajimaguchi , Torii gate at Itsukushima shrine > Walk st of Miyajima

Day 6 - Train to JR Tadanoumi Station > Bunny Island > Hondori Street > Hiroshima Castle > Shukkeien Garden > Peace Memorial Park.

Day 7 - 10 > Osaka

Its my first trip to Japan, do you have any tips to offer on transport? Is there a JR pass agency or smth in Sg?

TYVM

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be to and fro osaka in late apr. what is your comments for the below itinerary.

Day 1 - Land osaka 3pm - haruka express to kyoto - stay gion - visit yasaka shrine, pontocho alley.

Day 2 - Nijo castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, Ninna ji Temple (Tenative Late bloom cherry blossom) Arashiyama by Bus Tenryu-ji Temple Bamboo Forest

Day 3 - Kiyomizu-dera temple Ginkaku-ji + Jishu Shrine Path of Philosophy Nishiki Market Daimaru Depachika Ippudo Gogyo Ramen - roasted miso and shoyu ramen

Day 4 - Fushimi Inari Nara - Nara Park > Kasuga Shrine > Nigatsudo Shrine > Todai-ji Temple > Kofukuji Isui-en Garden.

Day 5 - Shinkansen to Hiroshima (8am) > early check in > Train to Miyajimaguchi , Torii gate at Itsukushima shrine > Walk st of Miyajima

Day 6 - Train to JR Tadanoumi Station > Bunny Island > Hondori Street > Hiroshima Castle > Shukkeien Garden > Peace Memorial Park.

Day 7 - 10 > Osaka

Its my first trip to Japan, do you have any tips to offer on transport? Is there a JR pass agency or smth in Sg?

TYVM

day 6 is going to be too packed. it is about 2hr to get from Hiroshima to Tadanoumi station, and another 15min by ferry to Okunoshima. see schedule here:
http://www.qkamura.or.jp/ohkuno/access/images/jikokuhyo.pdf

it is likely to be afternoon by the time u are back in Hiroshima. peace park and memorial museum can easily take the whole afternoon. and Shukkenien closes at 5pm. u will probably have to drop Suhkkenien and castle. Hondori u can leave it for the evening or do it on day 5 evening since there is nothing to do at all in miyajima after dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.