[OFFICIAL] PlayStation Vita Thread

Chuck Norris

Master Member
Reaction score
there's pro and con for both Old Vs New Vita

Old Vita:

Pro- OLED Display is best in class, End of life so becomes limited collector's edition :p
Con- Proprietary charging cable, Battery life is not so good, End of life so you can't really find one unless 2nd hand or refurbish..

New Vita:
Pro- Micro-USB charging cable, better battery life, compatible with more unique accessories from japan
Con- LCD display not as good as old model but it is also good, just not as excellent as OLED

overall, i think new Vita is okay really....unless you are really a display freak that absolutely wants a OLED display.

You won't even notice the difference in screen type when playing on the vita 2000 because you'll be too absorb into the games. And while playing longer, the 2000 weighs lighter, so not so straneous to your hands.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Generally people prefer Vita 1000 screen because of the colours saturation but I decided to sell my Vita 1000 because I hate the black spots, mura effect and too bright at lowest brightness. If you never compare the Vita 1000 and 2000 screen side by side, probably you won't notice the difference. You also need to ask yourself whether you prefer natural or saturated one.

Vita 2000 is slimmer and lighter but sacrifice the premium feeling compared to 1000. Battery life around 2 hours longer, rounder buttons easier to press and micro USB port is just convenience to share charger with all smartphones except iPhone.

Vita 2000 definitely a better choice since you can get it as low as $225 for 2000 with older colours or $238 for latest colours. I think you only can get brand new Vita 1000 at official Sony shops. I highly recommend to get the latest vita 2000 because of the matte materials to avoid fingerprint magnet.

I like the older mode better. Its thicker too, feels better when holding it.

Only con is the charging cable i find. I broke the vita due to a third party cable. Think i broke the pin in the device.

Wow thanks for the replies guys!

More or less decided on which I should get :D

Chuck Norris

Master Member
Reaction score
Okay guys got some questions I need some enlightenment with.

I've created an account stating I'm from Singapore so am I right to assume I will always be automatically directed to the Asian PSN store whenever I access PSN?

Can I ask is there anyway I can access the US PSN store with this same account without creating another account with the 'fake' US address method?

Bryson

Reaction score
Okay guys got some questions I need some enlightenment with.

I've created an account stating I'm from Singapore so am I right to assume I will always be automatically directed to the Asian PSN store whenever I access PSN?

Can I ask is there anyway I can access the US PSN store with this same account without creating another account with the 'fake' US address method?
Nope you can't.. If you want to use sg psn and us psn on the same vita, you must get an extra memory card and the rest of the guide can be found online. Troublesome, else get another vita. :p

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

baijiazi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with the amount of games 3ds coming next year...

i thinking to keep my vita for the moment le :s22: :(

baijiazi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3ds games alot on my hit list coming out next year :s22:

vita wise not much though :(

kakashi84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi need some experts advice..my psp vita suddenly just can't charge. Neither can I do a factory restart. Is not modded. What else can I do guys?

34drgh5.jpg

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. u tried a different outlet instead of the adaptor?

2. saw this googling

maybe can try removing the game cartridge befor doing
Right shoulder button with Power and PS Home button worked.
Push em all same time, R ( accelerate ) + Power + PS.

Last edited:

kakashi84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried bro. Use handphone charger and laptop also can't. The hard reset doesn't work for me

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.