[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkool

Reaction score
just given out, saw it when i login to game this morning

Sent from 303 Gombak Drive using GAGT
Recently I find it difficult to get ERP on my own merit. Past few sessions relied on my friend sending me an invite. Increased competition in my neighborhood ERP gyms, perhaps? I heard from one chap while raiding have to have gold gym badge to stand any chance of getting an ERP nowadays? Haiz...

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT

koolkool

Reaction score
my consecutive 3 failed kyogre catch liao. sianz.

The pokemon is like floating way way back of the screen leh, my ball keeps miss:s22:

Not enough distance to touch it.
Kyogre quite far. Need a bit of power to reach. If you can find Sycther, can use them for practice throws to gain some confidence.

koolkool

Reaction score
Shiny shroomish not released yet. But if you evolve to breloom now you get a special charged move.

Despite playing so many accounts also never caught any. Mebe time to just concentrate on one. Hard to be an octopus :s13:
The shiny rates seemed to be lower from recent events. Psyduck shiny rate is no where near Roselia or Plusle shiny rates. Groudon shiny took me till today to finally caught one. I lost count how many premier passes I threw this weekend in desperation. I guess NN is making life difficult for poor trainers like me who doesn't have luxury of time like the retirees playing in my neighborhood...

koolkool

Reaction score
that one is suay lor. becos inside those pple are the small acc pple..
or baby accs.

what they need to change is. as long pple is on the raid screen.
it willl show the number there.

else. is u look at me i look at u. if nobody throw pass. also same same cannot raid.

this is impt especially if u are new to the place or in a place like a building.
see number zero. dontwant to throw pass. but actually alot of pple in the same screen. but just waiting.. for each other..

its lame. lol
On the contrary, a common problem I noticed is trainers usually underestimate their mons' potential to wreck havoc. Common sight is if there are just enough people, the trainers usually chicken out and choose to wait. One of the raids I saw 4 people waiting (two with 2 phones), with 8 min left of the Groudon raid. It took much persuasion to get all to try and stop waiting for more trainers to arrive. With 5 accounts level 40 and 2 account level 35+, beat that boss easily.

koolkool

Reaction score
To be fair can’t fault them if you are playing multiple accounts. They always intend this game as 1 person 1 account. I mean if u want play multiple accounts then no choice u got to have more time, more hands, more resources to manage if u die die want multiple mamoswine or shinies for your multiple accounts

On a side note actually til now I still do not really understand the need of a secondary or multiple account. It’s not like an rpg where you can play a different class etc. You guys are simply playing the same thing, doing the same quests, tasks, repeating them on multiple accounts. No offence to anyone playing multi but I just dun understand the need to.
There is no right or wrong about having multiple accounts. It's a "loophole" trainers exploit to gain maximum advantage in game play. NN didn't and my guess will not do anything to multiple accounts. This game requires a critical mass of players, and I suspect NN knows this. With multiple accounts, we also get to benefit from more players in raids. My friend, who has multiple accounts, can afford to send me ERP invite because he has enough for all his accounts. Single account players have other disadvantages too, like cannot trade or do pvp using own accounts which equates to less goodies from these events. Need to rely on friends for trade and pvp, who may not be available when u are free. So why some of us still choose to have one account? For me, I just don't have the energy and time to maintain these accounts. I will prefer to just concentrate on one account. Simple and straight forward. No juggling with multiple phones; And leave more time for the real world. Sure, I lose some advantages from the game, but I prefer to play the game at my own terms and pace. End of the day, it's just a game.

Last edited:

koolkool

Reaction score
Looks like NN just thrown another curve ball for the next community day

Now that special move for Mammoswine better be worth it

They seem to imply up to 5 rewards per day during that community weekend ie 5 on sat and 5 on sun ?

Then they say 5 shinnoh stones on community day

So can get 5 for 17/2 for the weekend and another 5 during community day period ie 10 for 17/2 ?

If so people with multiple account will siao liao during that 3 hour period.
This sinnoh stone arrangement is god send. I'm having problem getting enough sinnoh stones battling with just the team leader daily. Hopefully NN can make it easier to get the rewards for trainers like me who only can battle the team leader most days of the week.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
This sinnoh stone arrangement is god send. I'm having problem getting enough sinnoh stones battling with just the team leader daily. Hopefully NN can make it easier to get the rewards for trainers like me who only can battle the team leader most days of the week.

U should try to at least battle with the team leader once every day. Just less than 5 mins will do. :o

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any use for the attack form of Deoxy ?

Really glass cannon

After getting a few it's like really sianz already

Unlike Mewtwo previously the more the merrier.

jannworld

Reaction score
Won’t say it is god send because likely u will need all the 5 for mamoswine because it should be a game changer Pokemon unless Niantic troll us by giving it lousy moveset. I mean chances are that u can’t reuse some of these 5 for opening Pokédex on the others unless u want to sacrifice mamoswine

ineser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm my third attempt got shiny Groudon. Really ish lucky

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 6P

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Won’t say it is god send because likely u will need all the 5 for mamoswine because it should be a game changer Pokemon unless Niantic troll us by giving it lousy moveset. I mean chances are that u can’t reuse some of these 5 for opening Pokédex on the others unless u want to sacrifice mamoswine

But what's Mamoswine good for ?

Dragon killer ?

Now dragon is not very popular in the game meta

Unless NN plans to buff up Salamence and bring Raquaza back

D9 like not very popular, even in PVP

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I only battle with team leaders - 5 stones so far from them

jannworld

Reaction score
But what's Mamoswine good for ?

Dragon killer ?

Now dragon is not very popular in the game meta

Unless NN plans to buff up Salamence and bring Raquaza back

D9 like not very popular, even in PVP

potentially it could be best ice pokemon unless niantic trolls by giving subpar moveset.

Likely u will be asking what's the use of ice pokemons
Yes i agree ice is primary use for countering dragons (to be honest i cant remember which other typing ice matches up against).

I like to think long term and collect the best counters for each typing. we are only into gen4 (not even half way), there are still rest of gen4 plus gen5-7 to come and who knows what gets intro after gen7

Just like u see kygore and groudon got rotated back recently, wont be surprise if other dragons come back. so personally i felt no harm collecting it if it is really the best typing (for ice). yes an articuno, ice beam m2 or even a lapras can do the job especially in a massive group. its optional if the individual wants to go for such improvement. Its similar to the rayquaza scenario, some ppl go for it because it is the top dps and best dragon to date but some felt it is just a slight upgrade over dragonite and doesnt want to spend the stardust or candies. it really depends on yourself because everyone have difference playing style, different amount of candies and stardust.

personally i want to collect the best meta relevant pokemons especially if they are the best in their typing. that's why i went all out on tyranitar CD, metagross CD, venasaur CD. And Eg for blastiose CD and that blue croco (cant remember the name), I just went for 3 shinies for each evolution because even with hydro cannon they are still nowhere near kyogre.

Last edited:

Redberries

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
potentially it could be best ice pokemon unless niantic trolls by giving subpar moveset.

Likely u will be asking what's the use of ice pokemons
Yes i agree ice is primary use for countering dragons (to be honest i cant remember which other typing ice matches up against).

I like to think long term and collect the best counters for each typing. we are only into gen4 (not even half way), there are still rest of gen4 plus gen5-7 to come and who knows what gets intro after gen7

Just like u see kygore and groudon got rotated back recently, wont be surprise if other dragons come back. so personally i felt no harm collecting it if it is really the best typing (for ice). yes an articuno, ice beam m2 or even a lapras can do the job especially in a massive group. its optional if the individual wants to go for such improvement. Its similar to the rayquaza scenario, some ppl go for it because it is the top dps and best dragon to date but some felt it is just a slight upgrade over dragonite and doesnt want to spend the stardust or candies. it really depends on yourself because everyone have difference playing style, different amount of candies and stardust.

personally i want to collect the best meta relevant pokemons especially if they are the best in their typing. that's why i went all out on tyranitar CD, metagross CD, venasaur CD. And Eg for blastiose CD and that blue croco (cant remember the name), I just went for 3 shinies for each evolution because even with hydro cannon they are still nowhere near kyogre.

I don't even know how many generation of pokemon there are? Think most people like me is most familiar with the original series. Seem like you mentioned got gen7.

救命啊。pokemon storage barely enough lor. Niantic please upgrade FOC!

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't even know how many generation of pokemon there are? Think most people like me is most familiar with the original series. Seem like you mentioned got gen7.

You want to cut Niantic's revenue? No way!! :s13:

jannworld

Reaction score

i also didnt play the main series. i only got interested in pokemon after pokemon go comes to mobile. but i did some read ups on the net. currently it is up to gen7 but nintendo switch released that let's go series recently which i have not much idea what gen it is or if they added any 'gen8' to it. for that let's go, the only thing i know is that i have taken the meltan box from my friends who got switch :s13:

if u got time and if interested, can go google on pokemon gen 4 to 7, so u will have an idea on what to come and roughly which pokemon is expected to be good and so call more future proof.

Eg Kyogre is considered the best pure water pokemon in the entire series even though it debut in gen3 because gen4's palkia does not have a water type fast move. hence it is expected palkia will get some kinda of Dragon tail / hydro pump combo instead. but of course niantic can always troll us. they made ho-oh and heatran, great stats pokemon but given crap movesets.

As for storage, i'm sorry u got to increase by coins either from gym or $. niantic not going to be charity. or u can consider keeping only strong meta relevant pokemons and special collections like shinies. the rest just throw, irregardless of CP / IV because u can still view them from pokedex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.