[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup....catching palkia is hard. Had 16 balls after today's raid (gym control, damage, best friend) and still was not able to catch it though i have caught 2 from previous raids (due to lucky excellent throws)

I think one of the factors why catching Palkia is hard is because i only have silver for the "dragon-type" badge cos was not around for the dratini community day....... I still have around 100 plus more to catch to get gold.

For those who are a few dragons away from gold badge, i suggest u also do the dratini raid too (or search SGPokeMap to check if dratini is still spawning in Singapore.

Should be easier to catch Palkia with a gold badge.

Think slight difference, cos your water badge (assuming gold) should help mitigate that dip.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who still have not catch 1 palkia yet. Can tried the 2 below methods as what my colleagues told me. Both of my colleague had 100% catch rate.

When not able to catch, can escape out and catch a few Pokémons outside before getting in to catch again. This method cannot be used if the time left on the raid is very low.

Try to sacrifice the first ball by just letting it row on the floor and then used the 2nd ball to catch it. My colleague told me he got 100% catch rate using this method........................ :s8:

Good Luck To All............................ :s12:

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup....catching palkia is hard. Had 16 balls after today's raid (gym control, damage, best friend) and still was not able to catch it though i have caught 2 from previous raids (due to lucky excellent throws)

I think one of the factors why catching Palkia is hard is because i only have silver for the "dragon-type" badge cos was not around for the dratini community day....... I still have around 100 plus more to catch to get gold.

For those who are a few dragons away from gold badge, i suggest u also do the dratini raid too (or search SGPokeMap to check if dratini is still spawning in Singapore.

Should be easier to catch Palkia with a gold badge.

I hv baby account that caught zero dragon before palkia raid but managed to catch 3/3 so far using only gb and great throw. I think all those multiplier do not really make much of a difference. Sometimes, I can throw 5 to 6 excellent consecutively but still can't catch and when miss the circle completely, the monster stays in the ball. :s22:

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who still have not catch 1 palkia yet. Can tried the 2 below methods as what my colleagues told me. Both of my colleague had 100% catch rate.

When not able to catch, can escape out and catch a few Pokémons outside before getting in to catch again. This method cannot be used if the time left on the raid is very low.

Try to sacrifice the first ball by just letting it row on the floor and then used the 2nd ball to catch it. My colleague told me he got 100% catch rate using this method........................ :s8:

Sounds like some old wives tale.:s13:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I hv baby account that caught zero dragon before palkia raid but managed to catch 3/3 so far using only gb and great throw. I think all those multiplier do not really make much of a difference. Sometimes, I can throw 5 to 6 excellent consecutively but still can't catch and when miss the circle completely, the monster stays in the ball. :s22:

Sometimes that yellow star sparkle critical shot is very tai ko.. Even normal shot will tio. :o

zensushi

Reaction score
Sounds like some old wives tale.:s13:

Agreed. Just a matter of luck with the probability of catching going up to <16% at best.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon/484
2T5yhXm.jpg

You'd be just as unlucky to not catch it with 10 Excellent curved throws (with Golden Razz Berry + Gold Dragon & Water medals), though as the probability of doing so is theoretically <19%.

Probability of not catching Palkia in 10 consecutive throws
= [(1-0.1565)^10]×100%
≈ 18.2%

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if time (to the minute) is also used as a seed in the RNG. When I am raiding with multiple account, usually if one account catches the boss, another account will catch it as well at around the same time though it could be coincidental though.

I try to delay the throw as well especially if the boss doesn't stay in the ball after like 6 - 7 throws of gb + excellent/great so that perhaps waiting for the next minute will give a different RNG than the previous throws.:s13:

unicr0ne

Banned
Reaction score

Don't come here and spread this kind of nonsense lar. no evidence come come and talk rubbish.

might as well say throw every ball away until last ball throw nanab and throw phone on the floor sure 100% catch.

knn hate people like u.

cqefan

Reaction score
Yesterday my first trade was Groudon with Groudon. Turned out lucky.

Today when I was doing my first trade Kyogre with Kyogre, told myself if Lucky again I will spend real $ to buy gold.

Really turned out to be Lucky.

Time to give some real $ to Niantic.

zensushi

Reaction score

Today when I was doing my first trade Kyogre with Kyogre, told myself if Lucky again I will spend real $ to buy gold.

:s22: :s13:

Redberries

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update:
4th paikia raid : still failed never catch. 10 balls only missed 1 ball.
On the way back home manage to catch a squirtle, a bulbasaur and caught an Aerodactyl from task completion. Happy enough.

delay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What money lol

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice now there are more frequent occurrences of ' Network Error (2)'??

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice now there are more frequent occurrences of ' Network Error (2)'??
Yes....especially when there is a new raid nearby. Meaning if you see network error, close the app and open again, you would likely see a new egg hatching nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.