HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 10

Like Tree129Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #1261

Exclamation

Heatran's Fire Blast OHKOs my Level 20 Groudons, though.

>>> Parenting, Kids & Early Learning
forum <<<
zensushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #1262

Guys where y'all trade Pokemon on PoGo? Or don't trade much? Sorry if here's wrong place to post.

I started playing again and have a body slam snorlax from 2016 I would like to trade for shadow ball mewtwo. Thanks!
Smeoullie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #1263
Supremacy Member

Thought raid can get a better Magikarp end up receive a lousy one
Old 19-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #1264
Master Member

Sorry if it's a stupid question
For mystery boxes, once you've gotten it, does it stay with you all the way?
I understand that you can open it once in 7 days.
Also, is it only meltan you're getting out of it?

Sent from Shin Getter while using GAGT
kozmik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #1265
Honorary Member

I can't understand the part on feeding berries. As we are awared that a golden razz berry can fully revived a pokemon unless there is no way but is it possible?
Sorry I dun understand your question. Possible to do what?

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

PM me if you require Keppel Electric referral code.
Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #1266

Got such thing meh ?

Are you saying there's a quota on how many boss can be capture per raid and once reach the quota, the rest of the trainers cannot catched the boss liao.
Yup i really think so. There is a quota for each raid. I have encountered some raids where no matter how many raid balls i hit excellent and great.

There was once for cresselia where i hit 3 excellant and 4 great and was still not able to get him. It was a 20 man raid at a peak time (7.30pm on a weekday).

Another time.....in a 6 man raid on a rainy saturday late morning i got cresslia with my 2nd throw. Since my screen was slippery..did not hit even hit a nice ball.

I think there is some kind of algoritham in pogo raids :

a)where for 20 men raid they have like 10 raid bosses on offer ......
b) for 6 man raid they might have 4 bosses on offer
Old 19-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #1267
Honorary Member

Yup i really think so. There is a quota for each raid. I have encountered some raids where no matter how many raid balls i hit excellent and great.

There was once for cresselia where i hit 3 excellant and 4 great and was still not able to get him. It was a 20 man raid at a peak time (7.30pm on a weekday).

Another time.....in a 6 man raid on a rainy saturday late morning i got cresslia with my 2nd throw. Since my screen was slippery..did not hit even hit a nice ball.

I dun think so lah.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 19-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #1268
Honorary Member

Thought raid can get a better Magikarp end up receive a lousy one
trade is gamble to reroll stats, you usually lose most of the time, need to be really lucky for good stats reroll or lucky
garpew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #1269
High Supremacy Member

Sorry I dun understand your question. Possible to do what?
I mean there's always time for the defending trainer to feed the Golden Razz Berry to fully revive a going to die pokemon in the gym so how is it possible to bring it down so fast?
Old 19-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #1270
Honorary Member

I mean there's always time for the defending trainer to feed the Golden Razz Berry to fully revive a going to die pokemon in the gym so how is it possible to bring it down so fast?
That's what the synchronised gym attack strategy is meant to counter.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/10...o-attack-gyms/

Step 1: A team of three or more players enters a gym and starts battling the first gym defender. When the gym defender is down to 2/9 health, all other players quit the gym battle. Player 1 stays in the battle and weakens the defender to the point where it can be defeated by a single charge attack. However, they do NOT FINISH THE GYM DEFENDER OFF. Basically, they're holding down the fort and absorbing attacks while the other players re-enter the battle.

Step 2: The remaining players re-enter the gym, thus creating a second "instance" against a now fully healthy gym defender. They weaken the gym defender down to 2/9 health or less. Player 2 remains behind and whittles down the defender's HP to the point where it can be defeated by a single charge move, while the rest of the team quits again. They then stop attacking the weakened defender before it faints.

Step 3: The remaining players re-enters the gym, thus creating a third "instance." They weaken the defender down to the point where it can be knocked out by a single charge move.

Step 4: At the same time, Players 1, 2, and 3, all use a Charge Move at the same time, knocking the gym defender out. Because the gym defender has lost in three "instances" simultaneously, their motivation drops down to zero instantly and they're knocked out of the battle.

Old 19-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #1271
High Supremacy Member

But if that's the case, how they determine who will get the boss?

It doesn't make sense the faster trainer who hit on target first will get it.
Old 19-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #1272
Honorary Member

But if that's the case, how they determine who will get the boss?

It doesn't make sense the faster trainer who hit on target first will get it.
I really dun think there is a quota.

Even in my private group of 3, all my accounts caught the pokemon.

And u remember when u joined my private group for a total of 4 trainers, all our 4 accounts also caught the pokemon?

Anyway, there have always been rumours of quota but TheSliphRoad reddit seems to have debunked all of them with surveyed data.

Old 19-12-2018, 07:49 PM   #1273
High Supremacy Member

That's what the synchronised gym attack strategy is meant to counter.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/10...o-attack-gyms/

Step 1: A team of three or more players enters a gym and starts battling the first gym defender. When the gym defender is down to 2/9 health, all other players quit the gym battle. Player 1 stays in the battle and weakens the defender to the point where it can be defeated by a single charge attack. However, they do NOT FINISH THE GYM DEFENDER OFF. Basically, they're holding down the fort and absorbing attacks while the other players re-enter the battle.

Step 2: The remaining players re-enter the gym, thus creating a second "instance" against a now fully healthy gym defender. They weaken the gym defender down to 2/9 health or less. Player 2 remains behind and whittles down the defender's HP to the point where it can be defeated by a single charge move, while the rest of the team quits again. They then stop attacking the weakened defender before it faints.

Step 3: The remaining players re-enters the gym, thus creating a third "instance." They weaken the defender down to the point where it can be knocked out by a single charge move.

Step 4: At the same time, Players 1, 2, and 3, all use a Charge Move at the same time, knocking the gym defender out. Because the gym defender has lost in three "instances" simultaneously, their motivation drops down to zero instantly and they're knocked out of the battle.
Need to practice then know. I think it's pretty hard as a lot of synchronization required and only have 10 minutes to bring all down.
Old 19-12-2018, 07:56 PM   #1274
High Supremacy Member

I really dun think there is a quota.

Even in my private group of 3, all my accounts caught the pokemon.

And u remember when u joined my private group for a total of 4 trainers, all our 4 accounts also caught the pokemon?

Anyway, there have always been rumours of quota but TheSliphRoad reddit seems to have debunked all of them with surveyed data.
So far I never missed to catch an exraid legendary pokemon. I think it's way easier to catch compare to a level 5 raid boss.

I also have no idea what's the logarithms behind catching a level 5 boss. Maybe need to ask expert here who had a near perfect catch rate.

All I can said is excellent throw + golden razz berries will stand the highest chance of catching but not a guarantee. The rest is all luck.
Old 19-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #1275
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did two Heatran raids just now. First one Tier 2 and the second Tier 1. My first raid missed several balls but fortunately last ball caught. In fact Heatran's catch rate is quite good as long as hit curveballs with nice/great throws and feeding golden razz.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.