[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Go - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jannworld

Reaction score
Actually the adventure week and water event last year also have. But of course I can’t remember the reward details and they didn’t come in back to back

Nowadays it seemed NN is pushing very hard with all sort of theme events. First the adventure event, then this water event. Then there is the desire to get hold of new coveted shinies in these events. It's tempting to go all out for shinies during these events, but I guess I will not be able to keep this up with these events if these events coming in fast and furious. Last time, they have one event per month, or around US holiday period, so those extra XP/candies/stardust events are pretty much welcomed after long droughts. I think I'll play at my own pace, and try to ignore the hype. Afterall, it's just a game. If I continue with this pace, I'll get burned out sooner than later. Today I did 3 raids and in every raid, I can hear disappointing comments or sigh for not getting a shiny. It set me thinking maybe we are giving ourselves too much pressure for this game.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I think I'll play at my own pace, and try to ignore the hype. Afterall, it's just a game. If I continue with this pace, I'll get burned out sooner than later. Today I did 3 raids and in every raid, I can hear disappointing comments or sigh for not getting a shiny. It set me thinking maybe we are giving ourselves too much pressure for this game.

becos they realize.. game reach this stage.. if no event.. alot less pple will play.. since old bird more or less already "complete" everything... so need event to entice them..

for new player.. if no event.. gameplay is very slow for them..

i guess NN will just keep pushing event after event.. maybe sometimes 1 or 2 week break in between.. their milking shiny now... (so many pokemon havnt got shiny release in the wild.. so they will slowly release via "various type of events")

I think is good.. ya.. as always play at own pace.. some day play more some day dont play.. health more impt.. everyday choing.. will go crazy..

The good thing besides those event bouns is.. when there is event.. there will be Sales box in the shop.. make spending coins more worth it now.. becos we get more item.. last time all item is ala carte.. sibei xiong.. sibei sian...

bundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Nowadays it seemed NN is pushing very hard with all sort of theme events. First the adventure event, then this water event. Then there is the desire to get hold of new coveted shinies in these events. It's tempting to go all out for shinies during these events, but I guess I will not be able to keep this up with these events if these events coming in fast and furious. Last time, they have one event per month, or around US holiday period, so those extra XP/candies/stardust events are pretty much welcomed after long droughts. I think I'll play at my own pace, and try to ignore the hype. Afterall, it's just a game. If I continue with this pace, I'll get burned out sooner than later. Today I did 3 raids and in every raid, I can hear disappointing comments or sigh for not getting a shiny. It set me thinking maybe we are giving ourselves too much pressure for this game.

Just use the free pass and dun be bothered.. Then you will enjoy the game

Sent from Where Is My Nexus5x using GAGT

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
NN can help tho. .by making the shiny odds higher.. so its easier to get or more people can get..

its not like people tio liao they will stop playing entirely.. they will still hoot to find more or find better 1.

(1 good example is CD.. how often u see pple tio 1 shiny liao then close the game n close shop.. of cos u can argue.. they play for the bonus or candies too.. but.. you get what i mean..)

Myself.. i consider still quite active... on somedays .. I play alot.... I can understand why pple feel disappointed or dulan. Mainly is becos.. they tio pwn by RNG.. But RNG is like that.. u win some u lose some.. sometimes u win more .. sometimes not.

Or they felt their effort is not paid off. not to their expectation.. Or competitiveness among each other.. :s13::s22:
(maybe especially so if money is involve)

But I always say.. RNG is like lucky draw... u cant control.. you can only influence.. "Hoot more.. more chance lor.. but no sure win" 50% is effort.. 50% is luck.. need abit of both. else is GG.

no point dulan over something u cant control.. n if a game is adding stress or pressure.. its time to stop.. play something else or find something else to do...

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seems like NN getting desperate

To me that is.

gracehsu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just use the free pass and dun be bothered.. Then you will enjoy the game

Sent from Where Is My Nexus5x using GAGT

Ya.. juz use free pass...
If get, good. Otherwise, no big deal.
What I like about the adventure quest is that NN “forces” players to learn more about the game; eg. must learn to throw curve ball, which are water Pokémons, electric etc

Btw, is it possible to get feebas from a 2km egg? I thought I was walking my 2km egg and out hatched a feebas. Hmm.. maybe I was walking a 10km.

TwMilkTeaTw

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
i hatch a lapras from 2km egg this morning..

other stuff are the very common pokemons...

koolkool

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the advice.
Something strange just happened. I got my first Shiny absol last week from my first excellent quest, now I got another from my second excellent throw quest. What's happening, NN?

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I used it as a way to exercise. Other than night walks. I only do it along the way and only during the free time Eg while in queue. But I got yo accept what I have loh. 1 latios 3 Ray no mewtwo.

Last edited:

Sgtrad

Reaction score
Something strange just happened. I got my first Shiny absol last week from my first excellent quest, now I got another from my second excellent throw quest. What's happening, NN?

Went to 2 more Raids today and still no shiny Whale. Total completed 4 raids. Saw most players looks like retirees so I think NN has a problem as these players may not buy coins. I also didn’t buy for a long time , like last 9 months.

Last edited:

Toonsy92

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also..

Day 3 : No shiny...

I want see free daily pass, take how long to get shiny raid boss.:s13::s13:

koolkool

Reaction score
I used it as a way to exercise. Other than night walks. I only do it along the way and only during the free time Eg while in queue. But I got yo accept what I have loh. 1 latios 3 Ray no mewtwo.
Thanks. I used to do like what u do, maybe slightly more intense in the weekends when I have pockets of free time on Sat and Sun afternoon. I'll roam around neighbourhood using the sgpokemap to find the better mons on these afternoons, usually spent 2 hours per afternoon. Past 2 months, have been more active due to the shinies appearing, and now I think I'll go back to the way I had always played the game which is how I think I will enjoy this game better, shiny or no shiny.

Sgtrad

Reaction score
I also..

Day 3 : No shiny...

I want see free daily pass, take how long to get shiny raid boss.:s13::s13:

I already used premium pass plus cracked a luckily egg as the two raids were only 7 mins apart and within walking distance. I still drove between two gyms but I saw a lot of players walked from one gym to another.

gracehsu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah ..nice:s12:
Absol shiny is Swee. I no have:(

jannworld

Reaction score
That is lucky

Toonsy92

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qrwUOctl.jpg

Hopefully...can hatch some shiny?

Starbutt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Caught a level 34 2.2k CP Lapras right at my house yesterday during rain boost!!! Too bad no map now otherwise I am sure there are lots of Lapras spawns.

Shinies are the only draw for me now. It's the element of surprise and excitement when you see bling bling after clicking on the monster that makes me continue playing this stupid game. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.