[OFFICIAL] Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Discussion

which copy will you buy?

• Total voters

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As usual, I'll be picking the grass starter. Final form Grass-Ghost, aww yisss.

Fire-Dark and Water-Fairy for the other two.
Maybe on pokemon moon I try the Fire cat. Then on Sun I try the grass starter

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My name is Owliver Queen. After five years in a Nintendo lab, I returned home with only one goal: To make Pokemon great again. But my first form wasn't strong enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else.

Senna Wales

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also I just had a thought on the Fire starter typing. It's a physical Dark type Pokemon that is immune to burns.

*Knock Off intensifies*

If it learns Sucker Punch, express train into OU. And if Decidueye is OU, Weaviles will rise.

Fire/Dark is one of the best type combos offensively, and this time is physical, not like Houndoom cannot use Sucker Punch all those.

But for all 3 starters have to wait to see their hidden abilities (and speed), because the default ones are pointless. Primarina confirm cannot rise above UU, because Tapu Fini is the same type combo and has a better ability, maybe also better stats (unless they are all actually ubers).

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buddies is PSS cross platform??
Or just same platform?

Meaning to say omega ruby and omega ruby??

Or omega ruby and Pokemon x also can trade?

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Got leaks out on YouTube le. So far I've only wanted to watch the videos on the Champion and Elite Four. And I'm pleasantly surprised.

More balanced teams and seemingly better AI. Now to actually wait for the game to see whether they're as hard as the all time hardest in-game battle, Cynthia.

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dun think so leh. I think it's Gale Wings, only works when HP is full.

Also this gen is really slow. The fastest of the 3 starters is Decidueye, and it's base 70.

Someone really hates Gengar though, Destiny Bond fails like Protect if used in sequence.

Other changes include not fully accurate TWave, Dark Void being locked to Darkrai and 50% accuracy, and you get your Mega ability and speed on the turn you Mega evolve.

And 31 IV Hidden Power Fire is now possible. Hyper training does not modify the IV value, but it maximizes that stat. Using a Timid Latios as an example, HP Fire requires 30 IVs in speed (349 speed), hyper training makes you have the max speed (350 speed) as if you have 31 in speed. But the IV still enables HP Fire.

CjieTehAwesome

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Also Mantine has become pretty good. Base 65 HP increased to base 85. Gets to learn Roost from TM.

With its base 140 SpDef and Water Absorb. Completely walls Keldeo. Sponges hits from Mega Zard Y, Volcanion, Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice, and takes 87.9% - 103.7% from a 252 SpAtk +4 Serperior Leaf Storm.

If Mantine makes it to OU, more pokes will run Thunderbolt or HP Electric, and you can combo with Electric resists/immunities. I can see a Air Slash/Defog/Toxic - Haze/Toxic - Roost - Scald set for it.

Last edited:

Senna Wales

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun think so leh. I think it's Gale Wings, only works when HP is full.

Also this gen is really slow. The fastest of the 3 starters is Decidueye, and it's base 70.

Someone really hates Gengar though, Destiny Bond fails like Protect if used in sequence.

Other changes include not fully accurate TWave, Dark Void being locked to Darkrai and 50% accuracy, and you get your Mega ability and speed on the turn you Mega evolve.

And 31 IV Hidden Power Fire is now possible. Hyper training does not modify the IV value, but it maximizes that stat. Using a Timid Latios as an example, HP Fire requires 30 IVs in speed (349 speed), hyper training makes you have the max speed (350 speed) as if you have 31 in speed. But the IV still enables HP Fire.

The IV thing is really good.

Gengar lost Levitate is jialat liao.

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buddy I'm a noob

Tiagong can bring over Pokemon arh??

Deposit into cloud bank and withdraw it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.