HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Can the New 3dsxl and New 2dsxl play GBA games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

Can the New 3dsxl and New 2dsxl play GBA games?

Hello, all I plan on buying a new 3ds xl or 2ds xl to play games on the go. It has been 4 years since I owned a console and I am quite excited.

I was wondering if the device supports GBA games so I can get a bit of that nostalgic gameplay again.

I want to know if I can legally download a couple of GBA games on to the device. I do see that they have this so-called "virtual console" which can play GBA games. But idk if it is exclusive for ambassadors or if I can also download and purchase it for myself.

As I want to remain legal and problem free by having an un-modded console I don't mind paying for the games.

I'm also not too keen on desktop emulation or the GPD XD emulator as I also want to play 3DS games and getting 2 separate and different consoles is too costly.

At most the only hacking I would do is simply using an R4 card. However, I am unsure how to install GBA games on an R4 and if anyone could explain it to me or link to a good source/video guide, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
studentsg1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:57 PM   #2

No the cartridge size is totally different.
Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.