www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Handheld and Mobile Gaming (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/handheld-mobile-gaming-384/)
-   -   Service/Repair for a gameboy colour in singapore? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/handheld-mobile-gaming-384/service-repair-gameboy-colour-singapore-3754564.html)

timothee 02-06-2012 08:25 PM

Service/Repair for a gameboy colour in singapore?

Hey there,

(sorry, I don't know if this is an appropriate post for this forum, first time posting)

I opened my trusted gameboy color box today for the first time in, like, 8 years, to unfortunately find the screen wrinkled and somewhat cracked. I'm not sure how that happened, perhaps the container dropped over the years and no one noticed the damage, or the heat of Singapore got the better of it.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the unit is fully functional. It powers on fine, the power led is bright red, I hear the boot up "ta-ding". I can also see some movements on the few pixels of the screen which are not dead and I can hear game music. So basically... I just need a new screen.

I went to 3 game shops in simlim where the shop keepers tried their best to not laugh in my face when I told them I wanted to repair the unit. "did you mean a DS?" "no, a gameboy color" "that's old" "I know" "like more than 10 years" "I know" (my unit is from 1999)

Well so these guys can't help me, but I figure that if there is a vintage repair service shop somewhere in Singapore, you guys at HWZ would know about it. So if you do, please pass me the details, I'd very much appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance,
Tim

PS: In case anyone's wondering why I still want my gameboy. Nintendo builds things like tanks, I always assumed it's survive time and that I'd be able to pass it to my kids someday. Well, my son turned 5 and I think he could have a game of super mario land on this. I'm very disappointed it's not working :/

noobiee 02-06-2012 11:54 PM

You can always look for second handed game boys on ebay

memories

amekago 03-06-2012 12:24 AM

yea, buying one from ebay or from others is cheaper than repairing (if any), cos e replacement screen still needs to come from another gbc. I also wanted to repair my gameboy pocket screen, but bought one gbc from ebay instead, cost me lik 40sgd with shipping, which i think is cheap.

timothee 03-06-2012 10:05 PM

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

I was hoping I'd be able to service this one unit because it has some sentimental value as well: it's been given to me by my then girlfriend, now wife and mother of my kids :)

But anyway, it looks, like it's doomed. So I'll follow your advice and browse ebay and/or contact TanAhKhow and enenyi.

Thanks all.
Tim.

amekago 03-06-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothee (Post 67184182)
Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

I was hoping I'd be able to service this one unit because it has some sentimental value as well: it's been given to me by my then girlfriend, now wife and mother of my kids :)

But anyway, it looks, like it's doomed. So I'll follow your advice and browse ebay and/or contact TanAhKhow and enenyi.

Thanks all.
Tim.

well den u can buy one n transfer e screen over :)

redstone 04-06-2012 12:35 PM

source:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ga...n-3677566.html

cKm 04-06-2012 03:04 PM

I know seow choon games does repair. Maybe can ask them?

redstone 04-06-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cKm (Post 67204035)
I know seow choon games does repair. Maybe can ask them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amekago (Post 67160940)
yea, buying one from ebay or from others is cheaper than repairing (if any), cos e replacement screen still needs to come from another gbc. I also wanted to repair my gameboy pocket screen, but bought one gbc from ebay instead, cost me lik 40sgd with shipping, which i think is cheap.

try buying one faulty gbc from forum like hardwarezone, sg forum,flowerpod n etc will be cheaper & better since u just need 2 transfer e screen over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markcwy (Post 60850529)
GAMEBOY COLOR

SPOILT ONE - $5
warning: everything doesnt work. and there's no battery cover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icey1990 (Post 60572442)
Selling two Gameboy Color, one button spoiled, one all still working.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7755/45406488.jpg
Green Gameboy Color:
- Able to switch on power
- Able to read game
- Volume is fine
- 'A' button spoiled
- Start button slightly spoiled, press it hard down and it still can work

Price: $30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyan (Post 61565563)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...9/IMG_0130.jpg

Gameboy not working condition.Can't be used.I might as well sell it to those who want it and the pokemon games too.

TanAhKhow 12-06-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothee (Post 67184182)
So I'll follow your advice and browse ebay and/or contact TanAhKhow and enenyi.

Thanks all.
Tim.

i have offically sold my gbc to Tim. ;)

problem solved/settled:D

TanAhKhow 20-07-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothee (Post 67154546)
. Well, my son turned 5 and I think he could have a game of super mario land on this.

my friend'd a super mario cart

offer for it?

Dedajaz 11-08-2012 12:16 PM

Hey timothee, i'm having the same problem with my gameboy color. Possible to share whether you got it fixed?

feelslikedance 11-05-2015 12:33 AM

Bumping a really old thread because I have the same problem.

I finally took out my GBC after a few months and was horrified to see the warped/wrinkled screen. I heard siew choon games has closed down so are there any other places to get my GBC repaired? I don't wanna buy another one because this one is of sentimental value - it was the first console my parents ever bought for me. :(

liewhl 11-05-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feelslikedance (Post 93776004)

I finally took out my GBC after a few months and was horrified to see the warped/wrinkled screen. I heard siew choon games has closed down so are there any other places to get my GBC repaired? I don't wanna buy another one because this one is of sentimental value - it was the first console my parents ever bought for me. :(

if you want to fix it, i guess you need to buy a second hand unit on ebay or third party china part from online alibaba to replace whatever part you had spoil. this is how people are fixing it online and oversea nowadays to keep their retro unit alive.

mib500 11-05-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timothee (Post 67154546)
Hey there,

(sorry, I don't know if this is an appropriate post for this forum, first time posting)

I opened my trusted gameboy color box today for the first time in, like, 8 years, to unfortunately find the screen wrinkled and somewhat cracked. I'm not sure how that happened, perhaps the container dropped over the years and no one noticed the damage, or the heat of Singapore got the better of it.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, the unit is fully functional. It powers on fine, the power led is bright red, I hear the boot up "ta-ding". I can also see some movements on the few pixels of the screen which are not dead and I can hear game music. So basically... I just need a new screen.

I went to 3 game shops in simlim where the shop keepers tried their best to not laugh in my face when I told them I wanted to repair the unit. "did you mean a DS?" "no, a gameboy color" "that's old" "I know" "like more than 10 years" "I know" (my unit is from 1999)

Well so these guys can't help me, but I figure that if there is a vintage repair service shop somewhere in Singapore, you guys at HWZ would know about it. So if you do, please pass me the details, I'd very much appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance,
Tim

PS: In case anyone's wondering why I still want my gameboy. Nintendo builds things like tanks, I always assumed it's survive time and that I'd be able to pass it to my kids someday. Well, my son turned 5 and I think he could have a game of super mario land on this. I'm very disappointed it's not working :/

wah seriously you still keep it... i love it to... but now day can play at smartphone already... way better...

dustychelsea 12-05-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feelslikedance (Post 93776004)

hope u can sell yr faulty gbc as I require yr other spare parts to fix my gbc as well

feelslikedance 12-05-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustychelsea (Post 93797976)
hope u can sell yr faulty gbc as I require yr other spare parts to fix my gbc as well

why not you sell me your gbc for the screen?

dora1905 08-01-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redstone (Post 67209496)
try buying one faulty gbc from forum like hardwarezone, sg forum,flowerpod n etc will be cheaper & better since u just need 2 transfer e screen over.

Hi, r u selling the red gbc?? Pm me. Thanks

WingChun 30-01-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dora1905 (Post 118526037)
Hi, r u selling the red gbc?? Pm me. Thanks

That account was being banned

Doubt can pm u...