[1st time PC builder log] CM NR200P ITX build

aldrick7

Reaction score
Decided to sell my laptop and build a desktop from scratch. After doing the research on the parts I went to buy the parts from SLS during the long Hari Raya weekend. I could have saved more by buying parts online / wait for sales but decided "what the heck" and just went to buy immediately.

Buying Process

I listed down all the parts I wanted on a Google and included alternatives in case the items were out of stock. I also included the price from various shops based on the latest pricelists. In the end, my list looked something like this (price list not shown).

6vYD51K.jpg

So I scooted down to SLS and started from level 4 and went to the more famous (?) shops (e.g. PC Themes, Dynacore, Bizgram, etc.). Most shops had 1 or 2 items from my list that were out of stock. Eventually, I decided to get the parts from Bizgram and Dynacore. The buying experience took 20 minutes as they had to pick the parts. One thing to note: You really have to know what you are getting as they will readily swap out parts that are out of stock with other items without telling you. They will not bait-and-switch, but they may give you better parts that costs more and burst you budget or give you similarly priced parts that are not as value.

aldrick7

Reaction score
Loots from SLS
ydTexbv.jpg

Parts:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus B550I PRO AX
GPU - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
RAM - KLEVV 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 3600MHz
SSD - ADATA SX8200 Pro 512GB
PSU - Seasonic Focus SGX-500
CASE - Cooler Master NR200P White (Black version is not available yet...)
Case fan: (Added later on) Cooler Master MF120L White

Completed Build - Part 1
I built the desktop first time around with the GPU riser as it looked nice. But my 2-fan GPU doesn't look as nice as those builds on YouTube with their triple fan RTX 2080 Ti.
Internals
FUgjIZp.jpg

Internal without fan and panels
XcR2TPY.jpg

Back and IO panel
XT7E7lw.jpg

Top Panel
The fan is placed closer to the front as I had some problems with the GPU power cable knocking against the fan. Was fixed after a bit of cable management.

Completed Build - Part 2
After gaming on it for a night, I decided to move the GPU to the more traditional position to test it out.

Teardown
VgyEJJi.jpg

Completed Build
wK09kG6.jpg

There was a problem with the clearance. The cables coming out of the PSU was mashed against the backplate of the GPU. Everything still fits, but I didn't feel comfortable leaving it in there so I switched back to using the riser.
2rqL2TQ.jpg

aldrick7

Reaction score
Completed Build - Part 3 (Finally)

Seeing that I only have 2 case fans installed (came included in the case) and the case could take at least 2 more. I went to get 2 "cheap" Cooler Master fans @ $15 a piece (same price as the standing fan keeping me cool while I type this). I did not know that case fans could be so expensive!

IqsnMHr.jpg

Installed the fans and after 2 days of tinkering around, I think I am done for a while until I get bitten by the upgrade bug.
Final Rig
qFy7JE3.jpg

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Good choice of case. I saw on some sites, the PSU could be mounting towards the front of the case, so the cables won't interfere with the GPU.

This pic shows a mATX might fit too.

Last edited:

Psycovirus

Reaction score
That is a good build!

The power supply could be avoided if you get the SFX power supply. The Seasonic is SFX-L, a longer version.

I like how the case is clean and provide a lot of airflow. Too bad, my usage does not allow for an Sffpc build.

noidea

Reaction score
If only I could hold my horses. If not I'll be getting this case.
awesome build ....

aldrick7

Reaction score
Good choice of case. I saw on some sites, the PSU could be mounting towards the front of the case, so the cables won't interfere with the GPU.

This pic shows a mATX might fit too.

Thanks! I did not know about this. Thanks for sharing! Will try it out to see the temps :s12:

That is a good build!

The power supply could be avoided if you get the SFX power supply. The Seasonic is SFX-L, a longer version.

I like how the case is clean and provide a lot of airflow. Too bad, my usage does not allow for an Sffpc build.

Oh, I did not know that mine was SFX-L. Looking at it, I should have gone with the Corsair even though it is more expensive. :(

Side note: Anyone with a black NR200P wants to trade their extra black metal side panel with my white one? :s13::s13:

obgood

Reaction score
TS, how much is the total for your rig?

Ya TS what's your damage$..... would be helpful if u can list the price of items u have purchased.... :o

im thinking of building my own rig too... thinking of getting from Amazon and can save up to quite substantial savings...

but warranties another issue... :(

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks.

Cant think of a AMD motherboard that's on mini-DTX form factor :o

Here's a compiled list of some of the board I found. But be sure to check the height of the board. It can only fit up to 226mm in height. Width of 244mm is fine when the PSU is moved to the front.

omelet

Reaction score
Recently just built in one too, non-TG version NR200, was surprised by the build quality of this case. Very solid and side panel's vent and corner were all rounded, which is kinda sharp on the ncase m1 by comparison.

Also, based on your photos (5th one), you mounted your SFX-L psu on the SFX location, you can actually move it higher up at the SFX-L location and see if it still hits your GPU.

aldrick7

Reaction score
Recently just built in one too, non-TG version NR200, was surprised by the build quality of this case. Very solid and side panel's vent and corner were all rounded, which is kinda sharp on the ncase m1 by comparison.

Also, based on your photos (5th one), you mounted your SFX-L psu on the SFX location, you can actually move it higher up at the SFX-L location and see if it still hits your GPU.

Yup, I tried mounting it on the SFX-L bracket but couldn't close the case as the higher bracket cause the power plug to knock against the included fans.

For those who are interested in the price breakdown:

R5 3600 / MSI B550I (bundle) - $578 - Bizgram
MSI GRX 1660 Super Ventus - $345 - Bizgram
Seasonic SGX 500 Gold - $146 - Bizgram
CM NR200P - $138 - Bizgram
Klevv Bolt X 16GB kit - $130 - Dynacore
Adata SX8200 512GB - $135 - Dynacore
CM fan x2 + connector - $39 - Some random shop

Total cost - $1,511:o

This is definitely on the pricier side when compared to Amazon / Lazada / Shopee. So if can wait, can slowly pick the parts from various online stores, you can probably save more.

One thing that I might switch from the above is to get the Corsair SF600 instead. As I intend to switch to the Loque Ghost in the near future the smaller PSU would come in handy with cable management etc.

Total

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.