[Club Discussion]AMD Ryzen Members Club

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its give n take situation. Top down (prism) get u lower vrm temp, tower type lower cpu temp. Need to compromise a lil. 😁

i think exhausting heat is more impt in my case... it seems like the heat is trap in the case... once i open my side panel the case do not feel as hot. I not oc, i think VRM temp should be fine.

UVERtainment

Reaction score
hi, was thinking of getting a cpu cooler for the 3600. room kinda feels hot while gaming (cpu temp ard 70 deg). currently using the stock wraith stealth.

looked ard online and came up with this list:

1. CM Hyper 212 led or 212x or 212 Black? (why so many variants) - $30 to $60+ // SLS
2. Deepcool Gammaxx GTE - $40 // lazada
3. Arctic Freezer 34 Duo - $70 // amazon prime
4. Wraith Prism - $35 // carousell

does it matter which one i pick or any cooler will do? am jus looking for temps to drop to 50-60 deg when gaming. not oc-ing

feel free to recommend me other products as well. tks!

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The 212 Evo V2 should be available soon at around S$60.

The Wraith Prism at S$35 is also a good choice.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, was thinking of getting a cpu cooler for the 3600. room kinda feels hot while gaming (cpu temp ard 70 deg). currently using the stock wraith stealth.

1. CM Hyper 212 led or 212x or 212 Black? (why so many variants) - $30 to $60+ // SLS

does it matter which one i pick or any cooler will do? am jus looking for temps to drop to 50-60 deg when gaming. not oc-ing

Wraith Prism I got it ard 20 in caraohell.

minuteez

Reaction score
hi, was thinking of getting a cpu cooler for the 3600.

This video got comparison for all the coolers you mentioned.

Aesthetics & QOL wise, the arctic wins, but performance wise, the cheaper gammaxx & Hyper 212 wins slightly. You can get a 2nd fan for the cheap cooler and total cost still cheaper than the arctic. But they're old tech, so installation not as efficient as Arctic.

UVERtainment

Reaction score

Aesthetics & QOL wise, the arctic wins, but performance wise, the cheaper gammaxx & Hyper 212 wins slightly. You can get a 2nd fan for the cheap cooler and total cost still cheaper than the arctic. But they're old tech, so installation not as efficient as Arctic.

hmm but i read that the zen2 chip design placement is different than the prev 2 gen (he's using a R 1200 for the test). so im not sure is the video accurate or not

vironix

Reaction score

I got the hyper212black

Temps dropped 10 to 12deg from stock cooler

Sent from the anal hair of Thanos using GAGT

minuteez

Reaction score
so im not sure is the video accurate or not

That is true, YMMV.

But in general, the main points should still apply, ie, the performance levels of each cooler, the sound levels. etc

You can check out other YT comparisons to see if they differ from this particular one.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

this is a better choice for budget cooler.. dono if local stores carry.. maybe can import.

UVERtainment

Reaction score
just got the freezer 34 single fan version from amazon sg at bout S$40.

overall temps are reduced by ard 10 deg.

Idle: 50 to 40 deg
full load: 92-94 to 80-81

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Still thinking whether to get the be quiet dark rock 4 pro or the noctua U12A or the D15.

Rock-kun

Reaction score
Starting to loathe my 2990WX. Three processor lockups in two days while doing large code builds, and more than 70GB of source code needed to re-download with hours of compile time lost, and restarting the computer always results in a extremely long boot sequence Linux forces a check for any errors in my softRAID. On the lucky instances where the processor decides to stay alive, the number of segfaults thrown up makes what should have been a 40min build on such hardware run into more than an hour since I have to restart the failed build jobs. While the dual Xeon workstation I swiped from my company's decomission pile has no such problem.

Once the 2990wx croaks I'm going back to CoreX and Xeon. In fact I'm now doing all my builds on the dual Xeon and relegating the 2990wx to a desktop role because of stability, which more than makes up for the slower build time.

Last edited:

dzpliu

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it will take for the "raise the game" vouchers to come?
I sent the invoice/sn pictures just yesterday.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starting to loathe my 2990WX. Three processor lockups in two days while doing large code builds, and more than 70GB of source code needed to re-download with hours of compile time lost, and restarting the computer always results in a extremely long boot sequence Linux forces a check for any errors in my softRAID. On the lucky instances where the processor decides to stay alive, the number of segfaults thrown up makes what should have been a 40min build on such hardware run into more than an hour since I have to restart the failed build jobs. While the dual Xeon workstation I swiped from my company's decomission pile has no such problem.

Once the 2990wx croaks I'm going back to CoreX and Xeon. In fact I'm now doing all my builds on the dual Xeon and relegating the 2990wx to a desktop role because of stability, which more than makes up for the slower build time.

Is it a CPU bug or something wrong specifically with your system, e.g. overheating? bad memory? too aggressive settings?

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it will take for the "raise the game" vouchers to come?
I sent the invoice/sn pictures just yesterday.

Local distro should send you the Game Pass code within a day or two.

As for RE3 etc, probably never since Singapore is not included in the promo last I checked. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.