[Club Discussion]AMD Ryzen Members Club

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah pianz....All my life been using intel, then someone suggested Ryzen say cheaper faster better....so I got a 3400G with B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI, installed windows 10 pro 2004, has samsung 970 evo plus, 650W PSU, 2x4GB Lpx ram (all parts canibalised from intel motherboard so all working) ...then the nightmare begins...

Frequently, it will freeze for a while (time random) when I launch Edge browser, or sometime it will just happens and mouse pointer stop, but keyboard ctrl-alt-delete works.... even when i touch the whatsapp desktop to bring it onscreen.

Googled and tried most of the suggestion, like change power mode to high performance, change to balance, change the PCI link power management, etc. Seem like Ryzen has this issue with window 10 since 2018?

Any hwz suggestion?

Check those rams. LPX seem to suggest Corsair to me. What works fine on your original Intel system may only be optimized for Intel. I ran into major issues with a pair of Corsair LPX DDR4 3000 previously and it seems like it is not an isolated case. I have since steered clear of Corsair rams. I have a Ryzen 5 3400G running with an Asrock B450i with no issues on the latest Windows version. I am using Crucial RAMs instead.

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Check those rams. LPX seem to suggest Corsair to me. What works fine on your original Intel system may only be optimized for Intel. I ran into major issues with a pair of Corsair LPX DDR4 3000 previously and it seems like it is not an isolated case. I have since steered clear of Corsair rams. I have a Ryzen 5 3400G running with an Asrock B450i with no issues on the latest Windows version. I am using Crucial RAMs instead.

Noted thanks, will try to switch.

Today win 10 updated the July 14, 2020—KB4565503 (OS Build 19041.388)) and for a while the issues STOPPED!. Then I itchy hand went to update the AMD software which download the 'latest' driver. Now microsoft edge starts acting up again (freeze when launch, and occasional BSOD!). I googled and I think it's the win10+driver as win10 turns on hardware acceleration GPU scheduling for edge by default AND win10 2004 got this pair with the driver which will shows up in settings->graphics->blah blah IF compatible driver were found.

Now the desktop is 'stable' and only Edge is jittery, so I switched to chrome and also use my normal firefox and so far no freeze.

Update 17/7/2020 Memtest completed no error

3Wenr83.jpg

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Noted thanks, will try to switch.

Today win 10 updated the July 14, 2020—KB4565503 (OS Build 19041.388)) and for a while the issues STOPPED!. Then I itchy hand went to update the AMD software which download the 'latest' driver. Now microsoft edge starts acting up again (freeze when launch, and occasional BSOD!). I googled and I think it's the win10+driver as win10 turns on hardware acceleration GPU scheduling for edge by default AND win10 2004 got this pair with the driver which will shows up in settings->graphics->blah blah IF compatible driver were found.

Now the desktop is 'stable' and only Edge is jittery, so I switched to chrome and also use my normal firefox and so far no freeze.

Update 17/7/2020 Memtest completed no error

3Wenr83.jpg

I've been using Edge as well on Windows 10 build 2004, but no issues. Though I have not updated Windows nor AMD drivers to enable GPU scheduling. If possible, I would recommend that you try with another set of RAM, ideally not Corsair.

Ideasmiths

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been using Edge as well on Windows 10 build 2004, but no issues. Though I have not updated Windows nor AMD drivers to enable GPU scheduling. If possible, I would recommend that you try with another set of RAM, ideally not Corsair.

Hmmmm, thanks

2nd day of using a Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 MHz bought from amazon sg. All the symptoms stopped and Edge no issue. So it was the ram

Which also means Ryzen is picky about Ram? (no wonder advertisement says Amd Ryzen ready

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
heng I use cheap ripjaws.. no such problem..

Sent from Godzilla farting and very hiong ar! using GAGT

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmmm, thanks

2nd day of using a Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 MHz bought from amazon sg. All the symptoms stopped and Edge no issue. So it was the ram

Which also means Ryzen is picky about Ram? (no wonder advertisement says Amd Ryzen ready

If you go to AMD and check, you will noticed Corsair has the least number of compatible rams under their QVL. If you are building a AMD Ryzen system, I suggest one stay clear of Corsair rams.

https://www.amd.com/en/processors/ryzen-compatible-memory

limcc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not debating if Corsair Vengence LPX has compatibility issue or not.

I bought the 3200MHz 2x8GB kit 3 months ago for X570TUF+R5 3600, at first it wouldn't run at rated 3200MHz but only 3000MHz. After updating the BIOS, everything went smooth. Was also running R9 3900X for a few weeks, no issue either. The RAMs were shifted to Asrock B450 Pro4 with 3300X last month, No problem whatsoever.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I bought the 3200MHz 2x8GB kit 3 months ago for X570TUF+R5 3600, at first it wouldn't run at rated 3200MHz but only 3000MHz. After updating the BIOS, everything went smooth. Was also running R9 3900X for a few weeks, no issue either. The RAMs were shifted to Asrock B450 Pro4 with 3300X last month, No problem whatsoever.

I'm running 2x 8gb 3200mhz overclocked to 3600mhz with a 3900x with no issues.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.