[GPGT] Support Local Gaming Chair ?

xusykl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if got cheaper option maybe will support.
knn 300+ for a chair how peasant can afford.
:(

Frankz

Reaction score
This is not dxracer thread leh.. anyway the one i have is VERY stable... have to quantify that i weigh abt 66-67kg so have to put into perspective. When i buy i also worried the wheels may make the chair move when i lie down but my worries were unfounded as they are quite heavy after fixing up and stable as well.

may i know which series or model are you using? still considering to buy dxracer or secretlab throne

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may i know which series or model are you using? still considering to buy dxracer or secretlab throne

i using F-series and bought from carousell. if u really want to get dxracer check out carousell instead of this forum, the price people sell here is much higher.

wanted to pm u but ur inbox full LOL..

Last edited:

idjekyll

Reaction score
that's marketing for u.. and also copy others design before the original patent it :D

yah loh. got noone patent this design meh? looks exactly the same but whack cheaper plastic but sell at a premium price. I can bet you a $200 or so chair from Ikea or some korean brand can do better.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this kind of chair sticks out like a sore thumb if you are mindful of the aesthetics of your entire room.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah loh. got noone patent this design meh? looks exactly the same but whack cheaper plastic but sell at a premium price. I can bet you a $200 or so chair from Ikea or some korean brand can do better.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this kind of chair sticks out like a sore thumb if you are mindful of the aesthetics of your entire room.

stick out meaning? The arm rest height is adjustable, and you can push the chair into the table to save space, if that's what u mean.

Otherwise physically this chair looks larger than normal chair so yes someone else not using it may be thinking why tf you buy such a big chair :D

Frankz

Reaction score
i using F-series and bought from carousell. if u really want to get dxracer check out carousell instead of this forum, the price people sell here is much higher.

wanted to pm u but ur inbox full LOL..

opps. jus clear my inbox.. can pm me? thanks.

comparing with dxracer, popular among twitch gamers, the price point of secretlabs like not very competitive also.. imo.

idjekyll

Reaction score
stick out meaning? The arm rest height is adjustable, and you can push the chair into the table to save space, if that's what u mean.

Otherwise physically this chair looks larger than normal chair so yes someone else not using it may be thinking why tf you buy such a big chair :D

oh no la. I mean these kind of design don't go well with other furnitures as compared to a more conventional office chair design (to me atleast). If you don't have a stylo mylo gaming case with led lights all over then this chair won't go well with an overall aesthetic.

i'd rather go with a sleek looking korean design like the one posted earlier. goes nicer with my fractal design clean cut look.

Mikiberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh no la. I mean these kind of design don't go well with other furnitures as compared to a more conventional office chair design (to me atleast). If you don't have a stylo mylo gaming case with led lights all over then this chair won't go well with an overall aesthetic.

i'd rather go with a sleek looking korean design like the one posted earlier. goes nicer with my fractal design clean cut look.

I like those traditional leather couch like chairs. Can sit cross legged for gaming lol.

Karakashi

Reaction score
wanted to get a dxracer for ages but too ex locally.. so i decided to sarpork local brand and hoot one. WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED AT ALL! :s12:

the chair is very comfortable and gives good support with the lumbar pillow and leather armrest. i fell asleep once when i recline the chair it all the way back :s13:. i used to own those korean ergonomic chairs from vhive & qoo10 before and they may support good posture but it is not comfortable at all.

customer service is awesome as well, they responded immediately to their website livechat and the CSO ish not a typical chao pinoy who reads off a script.

+1 to secretlab !

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hows the quality? The mechanism still working well and all? Not saying she is fat or anything you can think of.... :s12:

just bought 1 month ago.. only problem is the back support keep going down. the mechanism for securing the back support not very good

idjekyll

Reaction score
I like those traditional leather couch like chairs. Can sit cross legged for gaming lol.

comfy right? :s13:
but leather or pleather cannot sit too long without AC on..or not sticky :eek:

that's why i dunno why is it so hard for these 'gaming' chairs to have mesh versions.

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still looking for mesh chair... as in the seat and back rest is mesh.. herman miller aeron too ex for me.... :s13::s13::s13:

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
comfy right? :s13:
but leather or pleather cannot sit too long without AC on..or not sticky :eek:

that's why i dunno why is it so hard for these 'gaming' chairs to have mesh versions.

cuz gaming and air con click together. peasant like me no fan, no air con, sit on rotan chair or mesh with air flow :(

thesmallprint

Reaction score
To be honest most of us here are bashing the brand even before trying.

Initially when Aftershock came out people were saying the same thing about the build quality because they do not have the product in hand to actually test it out. Well, look where Aftershock is today?

Some of you said that there are a lot of imitations in China which agree. However, we know that we're dealing with Singaporeans as some of us have actually been down to seen the chair for ourselves and spoken to the bosses of the company.

If you compare aftershock to MSI/Alienware, most of us will support local brand and sometimes pricing.

Now we compare SecretLab to Dxracer, if I were to get a chair I would also get from SecretLab. Price difference too much for me to get a Dxracer just because of branding. Most of us say that we don't know the quality of SecretLab chairs unless we try them for ourselves :)

End of the day, I've tried the chair and actually spoken to the customer service/ owners. They seem like pretty nice guys and we should not shoot down Local brands before giving them a try.

Just my 2 cents, I don't even own a DXracer/ SecretLab throne. I'm currently using Duorest DD-140 so don't go bashing to me about ergonomics of chairs.

idjekyll

Reaction score
To be honest most of us here are bashing the brand even before trying.

Initially when Aftershock came out people were saying the same thing about the build quality because they do not have the product in hand to actually test it out. Well, look where Aftershock is today?

Some of you said that there are a lot of imitations in China which agree. However, we know that we're dealing with Singaporeans as some of us have actually been down to seen the chair for ourselves and spoken to the bosses of the company.

If you compare aftershock to MSI/Alienware, most of us will support local brand and sometimes pricing.

Now we compare SecretLab to Dxracer, if I were to get a chair I would also get from SecretLab. Price difference too much for me to get a Dxracer just because of branding. Most of us say that we don't know the quality of SecretLab chairs unless we try them for ourselves :)

End of the day, I've tried the chair and actually spoken to the customer service/ owners. They seem like pretty nice guys and we should not shoot down Local brands before giving them a try.

Just my 2 cents, I don't even own a DXracer/ SecretLab throne. I'm currently using Duorest DD-140 so don't go bashing to me about ergonomics of chairs.

not really bashing mah but just our comments just from looking at it. Similar design with very little price competitiveness. If cannot comment then might as well don't open forum. I just wish gaming chairs designer would not be soo lazy as to recycle the same designs amongst themselves, slap the 'gaming' label and charge crazy prices. Creative abit leh. Look at Razer, overpriced but you cannot fault them for being unimaginative (mouse pad with lights!? come on!)

Ultimately, I don't care if they're local or not, they still charge same price to everyone. End product speaks volume. To be fair, I'll definitely drop by Funan to check them out. Want to know if they will have chairs for bigger guys like DXRacer's King series.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
not really bashing mah but just our comments just from looking at it. Similar design with very little price competitiveness. If cannot comment then might as well don't open forum. I just wish gaming chairs designer would not be soo lazy as to recycle the same designs amongst themselves, slap the 'gaming' label and charge crazy prices. Creative abit leh. Look at Razer, overpriced but you cannot fault them for being unimaginative (mouse pad with lights!? come on!)

Ultimately, I don't care if they're local or not, they still charge same price to everyone. End product speaks volume. To be fair, I'll definitely drop by Funan to check them out. Want to know if they will have chairs for bigger guys like DXRacer's King series.

The price difference is quite a bit already, of course I feel the sweet spot would be $200-300 because then it's at 50% off DXracers. They should first encourage local buyers by setting a lower price and charge overseas buyers higher through the shipping charges. Since local shipping is definitely cheaper than international shipping but companies have to survive after all.

Jack O Lantern

Reaction score
dxracer a bit stiff,.....not really recommend.
I hope the singapore made one consider using those Urethane foam used in Muji pillow. Or some kind of memory foam.....will be more comfortable.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.