[IP Cam] Xiaomi IP Camera Xiaoyi

buzbuz

Reaction score
Qoo10 with 30%coupons/points can very under $20, self collect,.ubi

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can one use the Xiaoyi camera and send the video stream to PC, then use some software like OpenCV to do some video analytics?

AcquiT

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello Yi Cam users

just curious how do your connect the camera to 2nd mobile??

is it via Share and input the email or mobile and invite?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Yi Cam users

just curious how do your connect the camera to 2nd mobile??

is it via Share and input the email or mobile and invite?

From my understanding, they rely on Mi Account. So install the apps on your 2nd mobile phone and login with your Mi Account.

Do let us know if it works.

missotah

Reaction score
i understand xiaoyi only works on 2.4ghz. If it is non fibre network - 20mhz. Can it work on 20mhz? appreciate the reply.

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i understand xiaoyi only works on 2.4ghz. If it is non fibre network - 20mhz. Can it work on 20mhz? appreciate the reply.

based on router. Nothing got to do with fibre.

Most, if not all router supports 20MHz. dual channel/channel bonding (40Mhz) or etc is additional.

missotah

Reaction score
based on router. Nothing got to do with fibre.

Most, if not all router supports 20MHz. dual channel/channel bonding (40Mhz) or etc is additional.

I googled and learn that 2.4ghz is the wireless radio frequency. I just buy this. hope can use. Thanks for the reply.

missotah

Reaction score
Qoo10 with 30%coupons/points can very under $20, self collect,.ubi

with $3 item discount and $10 cart discount, got the night vision with 32gb card w delivery at $36+. Not enough QPoints to offset. Cannot find $20 one le. :p

missotah

Reaction score
Lol, i am so confused.

Need some help here.
1) i dun understand how the recording works. I thou only upon motion deduction then record. How come i see it like keep recording?
2) why SD card have 'record' folder and 'record sub' that contain the same mp4 files?

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, i am so confused.

Need some help here.
1) i dun understand how the recording works. I thou only upon motion deduction then record. How come i see it like keep recording?
2) why SD card have 'record' folder and 'record sub' that contain the same mp4 files?

1. If you have set to only record when motion is detected, then it should work as that.

2. When you click on the camera, below you should see a timeline. Those "Orange" coloured part are video footages. The rest are nothing. When you click on it now, you still can see what the camera can see. But as long as no motion detected, it shouldn't record anything.

missotah

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and help, more or less get it liao.

I wonder why some use Yi Home then can use but i use Xiaoyi Zhi Hui Jia then can use but Yi Home cannot.

Any idea why there are 2 folder in the sd card, 'record' and 'record sub'? initially when i did not see the setting on motion, i think all are recorded and duplicate to 2 this folder. Also, after motion detected, how long will the recording stop? e.g. if thief come into the house then leave in 10 mins, will it just continue record till i manually off it on my phone?

Any danger the video is recorded elsewhere into a mi cloud or server etc?

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and help, more or less get it liao.

I wonder why some use Yi Home then can use but i use Xiaoyi Zhi Hui Jia then can use but Yi Home cannot.

Any idea why there are 2 folder in the sd card, 'record' and 'record sub'? initially when i did not see the setting on motion, i think all are recorded and duplicate to 2 this folder. Also, after motion detected, how long will the recording stop? e.g. if thief come into the house then leave in 10 mins, will it just continue record till i manually off it on my phone?

Any danger the video is recorded elsewhere into a mi cloud or server etc?

Both also can. I can view the recorded video on the microSD card via the Yi Cam and Mi Home app.

You can set the camera to trigger an alert when motion detected between say 12am to 7am. So during this time, if somebody wakes up to go and pee .... it'll trigger and send you a message via "We Chat".

Then you can go to the app and view the 6-10 secs video of the "source" of the movement.

Normally, for most camera, when in motion sensor mode, it'll just keep recording until the last movement detected, continue to record for another 10 secs. If no movement is being detected, it'll stop recording.

Danger .... well let say somebody hacks into the Mi Server and managed to retrieve your video. Then? Furthermore, out of the thousands or tens of thousands or rather millions of the users, why would they target you? Do you have an expensive antique painting in your house?

As I always say "If want to do, don't be scared. If scared, then don't do."

missotah

Reaction score
Both also can. I can view the recorded video on the microSD card via the Yi Cam and Mi Home app.

You can set the camera to trigger an alert when motion detected between say 12am to 7am. So during this time, if somebody wakes up to go and pee .... it'll trigger and send you a message via "We Chat".

Then you can go to the app and view the 6-10 secs video of the "source" of the movement.

Normally, for most camera, when in motion sensor mode, it'll just keep recording until the last movement detected, continue to record for another 10 secs. If no movement is being detected, it'll stop recording.

Danger .... well let say somebody hacks into the Mi Server and managed to retrieve your video. Then? Furthermore, out of the thousands or tens of thousands or rather millions of the users, why would they target you? Do you have an expensive antique painting in your house?

As I always say "If want to do, don't be scared. If scared, then don't do."

Understand what you mean. Thank you. For the apps, Using Iphone, i tried Yi Home but dun work and after scanning bar code, it said my is china set, recommend to use 小蚁智能像机. cannot find Mi Home on Iphone.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Understand what you mean. Thank you. For the apps, Using Iphone, i tried Yi Home but dun work and after scanning bar code, it said my is china set, recommend to use 小蚁智能像机. cannot find Mi Home on Iphone.

Same. The one I bought from pararell importer also liddat. They say cuz is china set.

But the catch is... The one I bought from xiaomi's HQ in BeiJing, both apps can use?

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
help me understand..so on yi home, I can reviewed the footage from over 12 hours ago, by panning the time bar. Is this stored in xiaomi server or in sd card?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
view all 18 page but cant find any pic and video from this ip cam..
can some1 share it?

needsomecash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
help me understand..so on yi home, I can reviewed the footage from over 12 hours ago, by panning the time bar. Is this stored in xiaomi server or in sd card?
i think they stored the video timeline data only on xiaomi server. Then as u drag the timeline to review the footage, the camera livestream the video on memory card to you.

Sent from AOA dormitory using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.