[IP Cam] Xiaomi IP Camera Xiaoyi

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seem like it doesn't auto record to SD card upon power up, is there a way for it to start recording into SD card upon power on?

Thanks.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
mosmos got any pics captured by xm ip camera?

can share see how good or bad it is :o

The pics are posted at xiaomi JB meetup, I have to search for it, since the xm ip camera not mine~ :o

Leonard_Ong

Reaction score
I am new with this Xiao Mi products and bought a few cameras to try out.

Pro:
1) Light and can be pasted onto walls with 3M adhesives
2) User friendly setup with voice prompt and app (if the user understands Chinese, otherwise, slightly less)
3) USB power is great, can use power bank when doing survey before placement in the house

Cons:
1) Video is blurry (even at HD quality and not digitally zoomed)
2) No security i.e. should have an option to run as local only instead going to Mi servers
3) When there is an issue (like connecting to network), no logs or information to guide you.

Tips:
1) When placing the camera nearby any devices with USB (SmartTV, Router, Printer), the camera may draw power from it i.e. no adapter is needed.

Questions:
1) I typed in RTSP links in VLC but can't play the stream (I adjusted the IP address)
2) Where to get 5m or longer cable?
3) Can video stored with IP camera app in Synalogy/QNAP NAS?

Leonard_Ong

Reaction score
heard review night vision version better?

Better as in? It only works in low-light mode (with infrared LEDs).

One more question, what does the camera off in the android app does? The camera still works but has a line of text.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score

Pro:
2) User friendly setup with voice prompt and app (if the user understands Chinese, otherwise, slightly less)
3) USB power is great, can use power bank when doing survey before placement in the house

Cons:
2) No security i.e. should have an option to run as local only instead going to Mi servers
3) When there is an issue (like connecting to network), no logs or information to guide you.

Tips:
1) When placing the camera nearby any devices with USB (SmartTV, Router, Printer), the camera may draw power from it i.e. no adapter is needed.

Questions:
1) I typed in RTSP links in VLC but can't play the stream (I adjusted the IP address)
:s11: using usb powerbank~? Then you must remember to charge the power bank everyday, else something happen, the IP Cam no power

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Pro:

Cons:

Tips:

Questions:

5m cable can go sim lim tower find. you want how many metres they also have.

Leonard_Ong

Reaction score
5m cable can go sim lim tower find. you want how many metres they also have.

Any shops? I went to a few shops yesterday only sells mostly long ethernet cables.

:s11: using usb powerbank~? Then you must remember to charge the power bank everyday, else something happen, the IP Cam no power

This is used for testing when finding the right spot and angle. Power bank allows you to power on the camera and move them for site survey. When the right spot is determined, then it can be wired to power source as usual.

Anyone knows how long a 64GB cards will work on full continous recording?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Despite the 2 woes highlighted, its performance at night seems much better than the original with the infrared LED.

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seem like it doesn't auto record to SD card upon power up, is there a way for it to start recording into SD card upon power on?

Thanks.

OK, ans my own question, it does auto record video into the SD card when motion are detected but it like audio are not recorded. :(

Can anyone pls confirm if this is correct?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.