[Monitor] LCD monitor repair

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
my Samsung LCD will intermittently go black. sometimes in the middle of usage but most of the time is the screen stays blank when pc exits hybernation. when the screen goes blanks, the speakers in the screen sometimes makes some buzzing sound.

could this be due to faulty capacitor? willing to pay for repair service.

bro, model #? age?. & whats your budget for the repair?

To be honest, dun really like to troubleshoot intermittent failure.. headache.. sometimes u tested ok liao for days then suddenly it goes blank again. So usually i go buy the whole board if i cant troubleshoot it. but of course i try to troubleshoot first la.. so the repair wont cost much.. thats y i ask what is your budget.. i remember a HWZ bro asking me to repair an LG monitor.. i troubleshoot & tested ok liao.. when he go home test, fail.. come back to me again test ok.. :eek:.. vomit blood la.. haha
haha

foxcorn

Reaction score
just a quick update, i posted couple of days ago. my monitor is intermittent problem too. sometimes monitor turn on showing image perfectly.

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
Hmm. Like that v difficult to diagnose leh.

Suggest u buy a new one if u can afford. repairing/replacing panels are not cost effective and logic card can be diff to source for your model.

cyberpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, model #? age?. & whats your budget for the repair?

To be honest, dun really like to troubleshoot intermittent failure.. headache.. sometimes u tested ok liao for days then suddenly it goes blank again. So usually i go buy the whole board if i cant troubleshoot it. but of course i try to troubleshoot first la.. so the repair wont cost much.. thats y i ask what is your budget.. i remember a HWZ bro asking me to repair an LG monitor.. i troubleshoot & tested ok liao.. when he go home test, fail.. come back to me again test ok.. :eek:.. vomit blood la.. haha
haha

Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM. Not sure how old is it. I think around 5 years. Budget for repair I guess around $50 possible? If not repairable, I think may junk it and get a 27 inch screen.

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM. Not sure how old is it. I think around 5 years. Budget for repair I guess around $50 possible? If not repairable, I think may junk it and get a 27 inch screen.

Bingo!. another one victim.. Been doing this model for a few bros already.. Common problem is the glue surrounding the components becoming conductive and shorting or rusting them. If it happen to short at the main components then the board will be unlikely repairable. Just like the last one i did. need to change the whole power board.

I usually scrape off all the glue & replace those shorted/faulty components. if that cures it, then your mentioned budget is within range. If really cannot, then no choice but to change whole board. For that will be slightly higher. U can PM me if interested to repair. BTW, if u want to junk it, just let me know. Willing to collect it, if u don't mind. :D

xl004746

Reaction score
Hi.. Just to check if is my monitor issue or not...my monitor keep having tis msg "Unable to detect any VGA signal"... I change e wired connection,plug it into another laptop,reset my Pc gpu and still receive tis msg.. Monitor is asus ml239h... Would gladly appreciate help given

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
Hi.. Just to check if is my monitor issue or not...my monitor keep having tis msg "Unable to detect any VGA signal"... I change e wired connection,plug it into another laptop,reset my Pc gpu and still receive tis msg.. Monitor is asus ml239h... Would gladly appreciate help given

Hi,
try another input source like HDMI, maybe?. or change cable?.
not sure about your monitor but can u reset the monitor to the default option in the OSD Menu?

if both PC & desktop are showing the same failure, i suspect it is the monitor having problem.

xl004746

Reaction score
Hi,
try another input source like HDMI, maybe?. or change cable?.
not sure about your monitor but can u reset the monitor to the default option in the OSD Menu?

if both PC & desktop are showing the same failure, i suspect it is the monitor having problem.

Changed e input source,cables(releatively new 1s),even use my sister's lappy to test but still got issue.. Havent try reseting e bsod although i'm not sure how to do it... Believe it could be monitor port issue... But thanks anyway for e info...

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I own a Dell 2709W. No more warranty liao.

Startup got some issues. Power on but computer no light. Need to refit the wires around and then it will start up. All connections are tight btw. Once it started up, life as usual, no problem.

Whats the possible problem?

Last edited:

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
I own a Dell 2709W. No more warranty liao.

Startup got some issues. Power on but computer no light. Need to refit the wires around and then it will start up. All connections are tight btw. Once it started up, life as usual, no problem.

Whats the possible problem?

just to clarify.

power led got light up or not? or power led light up, backlight on but no image? if the last one is correct, then u might need to disassemble and check and reinsert the cable linking the logic board to the panel T-con. if totally no power led, then u have to inspect the power board for bloated caps or cracked solder joints.

^ghosty^

Reaction score
Hello experts

I got a Philips 240SW. 2 days ago it started flickering on the right hand side of the screen and suddenly today i can't even turn it on! No power led also... any suggestions on what i should do?

I have tried changing power cable and DVI cables no use.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Syncmaster 920NW. My brother said when shifting the monitor, the monitor dropped onto his lap. It did not drop onto the floor.
After shifting back the monitor and trying to turn it on, the power LED did not light up.

The monitor is 4-5 years old.

Any solutions for this?

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
Hello experts

I got a Philips 240SW. 2 days ago it started flickering on the right hand side of the screen and suddenly today i can't even turn it on! No power led also... any suggestions on what i should do?

I have tried changing power cable and DVI cables no use.

Do not have much experience with philips lcd monitor actually

U will need to dissamble, and check the power board which is likely the culprit then the logic board.. How old is the set anyway?

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Syncmaster 920NW. My brother said when shifting the monitor, the monitor dropped onto his lap. It did not drop onto the floor.
After shifting back the monitor and trying to turn it on, the power LED did not light up.

The monitor is 4-5 years old.

Any solutions for this?

As below, will need to open and check the power board.. Sometimes can be even the logic board at fault.. Maybe u can try plugging in and let it on standby for a few hours.. Then try repeatedly on the switch... If able to startup, could be faulty capacitors on the power board.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As below, will need to open and check the power board.. Sometimes can be even the logic board at fault.. Maybe u can try plugging in and let it on standby for a few hours.. Then try repeatedly on the switch... If able to startup, could be faulty capacitors on the power board.

Ok thanks I try this first.

fanflo_08

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to clarify.

power led got light up or not? or power led light up, backlight on but no image? if the last one is correct, then u might need to disassemble and check and reinsert the cable linking the logic board to the panel T-con. if totally no power led, then u have to inspect the power board for bloated caps or cracked solder joints.

power led no light up. now its either the graphics card going going gone or the monitor...sian

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
power led no light up. now its either the graphics card going going gone or the monitor...sian

Unplug the video cable and try power on.. If still no power led on the monitor, likely monitor not the graphic card. U will need to check the power board or logic card inside the monitor.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.