[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kun1he2

Master Member
Reaction score
Fan (1) out of order.... Anyone seen this before? Occurred twice on my DS213+ over the last few days when coming out of hibernation.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Updating now :)

For those that are interested.

Synology - Network Attached Storage (NAS)

For evaluation only -- DSM 5.0 Beta is for evaluation purposes only, so we do not suggest installing it on any critical hardware. You are strongly recommended to read the Known Issues section before installing it. Synology cannot be held responsible for any accidental data loss caused by this beta software.
Not downgradable -- After installation, you will not be able to downgrade the DSM version on your Synology NAS to a previous version.

danxiaogui86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For evaluation only -- DSM 5.0 Beta is for evaluation purposes only, so we do not suggest installing it on any critical hardware. You are strongly recommended to read the Known Issues section before installing it. Synology cannot be held responsible for any accidental data loss caused by this beta software.
Not downgradable -- After installation, you will not be able to downgrade the DSM version on your Synology NAS to a previous version.

yeah, i been using their beta. so far so good :)

zincate

Reaction score
ds213j with 2x 3TB

yay got my DS213j with 2x 3TB up and running.

still trying to figure a way out to properly bridge my mac ethernet and wifi connection.

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
From experience, DSM Betas generally tend to be quite stable. Perhaps even more stable than some of the "finished" cheaper NAS boxes from some other manufacturers.

/Dan

civicguy

Banned
Reaction score
Actually very keen to find out what this is....

Cloud Station Client on DSM allows your Synology NAS to sync folders and files with another Synology NAS running Cloud Station.

I want to replicate my movie collection to my dad's house's NAS automatically...

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
any idea how to portforward for singtel PACE router? just changed my router from 2wire to PACE. got to portforward again -.-

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Transfer to my ds214 is quite slow.. around 10mb/s. I checked the network settings and it says 100mbps/full duplex/mtu1500.

I'm pretty sure my asus rt-56u router is a gigabit router, so how can I enable 1000mbps on the NAS?

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Transfer to my ds214 is quite slow.. around 10mb/s. I checked the network settings and it says 100mbps/full duplex/mtu1500.

I'm pretty sure my asus rt-56u router is a gigabit router, so how can I enable 1000mbps on the NAS?

did you use the LAN cable that come with it?

zincate

Reaction score

also try plugging to a different port on the 56U router

chriscel

Reaction score

Check your PC setting also.

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm. i tried plugging into a different router port and suddenly i'm getting double at 20mb/s. I wonder why.

mcalel

Reaction score
Was thinking of reset the to default setting, went to click "Restore Synology NAS to Factory Defaults" suppose to hold the reset button at the back. I thinking it is formatting the hard disk. I have off the system. Can I take out the hard disk and use a external casing and retrieve the data What should I do using a 5 bay have 7TB of data inside. Thanks

Last edited:

quekky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the reset button doesnt format everything. contact their tech support for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.