[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_oasis

Master Member
Reaction score
Just joined the club. Previously using the Buffalo Linkstation, really big different.

Bro, which model you bought? am also using 2 bay Buffalo LInkstation and thinking of jumping onto the Synology Bandwagon ha ha

Anyone can suggest a model for home NAS and mainly for movie streaming purpose?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your situation is like mine too:
1. 2-bay Buffalo NAS
2. 2-bay Synology DS212J (Sold)
3. 4-bay Synology DS414

Bro, which model you bought? am also using 2 bay Buffalo LInkstation and thinking of jumping onto the Synology Bandwagon ha ha

Anyone can suggest a model for home NAS and mainly for movie streaming purpose?

Last edited:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course, slow read/write speed of 20mb/s with my 1st Buffalo NAS. Previous Synology DS212J can reach 80/50mb/s in read/write speed.

Just joined the club. Previously using the Buffalo Linkstation, really big different.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Are all Synology NAS able to work on both Windows and Mac OS?

2. How is Synology NAS as compared to Asustor NAS?

Thanks.

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1. Are all Synology NAS able to work on both Windows and Mac OS?

2. How is Synology NAS as compared to Asustor NAS?

Thanks.
Synology NASes for Windows+OSX no issue for me here.

I can't comment on Asustor as I haven't used. Have used 4 Synology NASes so far since I got my DS106e a long time ago, and am happy with the high level of performance and usability.

/Dan

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Synology NASes for Windows+OSX no issue for me here.

I can't comment on Asustor as I haven't used. Have used 4 Synology NASes so far since I got my DS106e a long time ago, and am happy with the high level of performance and usability.

/Dan

Is it cheaper to get the HDDs yourself instead of purchasing as a bundle?

Xrin

Reaction score
Hi guys, need a recommendation UPS for my Synology 1812+ with DX513 expansion unit. Preferably with USB for auto shutdown. Thanks.

shenwu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask which model support torrenting without the need for my computer to be on? Any recommended model which is easy to set up?

Desmond_

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
May I ask which model support torrenting without the need for my computer to be on? Any recommended model which is easy to set up?

all Synology model can setup torrent easily as they all use the same app :)

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
Would highly recommend Amazon.com: Synology America DiskStation 4-Bay Diskless Network Attached Storage (DS414): Computers & Accessories. Reading and writing speeds are great and can connect multiple USB hard drives and printers at the same time.

I am still new to this but I can't get its video and music app for iOS to work. Any advice?

You need to install the corresponding apps in the package centre first. Then load the content up via the apps in the control panel

hwz_zx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to Nas here. Currently using ds214+ with 1* 4tb n 1* 500gb.

Like to check if both disk is running on separate volume (SHR) that will be pointless right? Will using JSOB be better in my case?

Also if in SHR, if I swapped out my HDD (e.g. 4TB) will data inside still be readable when it is put back?

Sorry, SHR is kinda confusing for me.

Thanks

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
I was exploring the DSM 5.0 and in one of the features it says change or recommended the IP dynamic to static IP.
May I know how is this possible as the ISP is on dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.