HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Like Tree618Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #2056
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys, i'm having trouble setting up my NAS to be accessible over the internet on other computer.

Here is my set up
- Starhub Fibre Broadband
- Asus RT-AC56U (supported router on Synology's list)
- Synology DS 213+

I have tried the following methods
1. Just follow DSM's EZ-Internet
2. Set up manually using DSM's 'Router Configuration' etc as per instruction on synology's web support page
3. Follow portforward.com instructions to setup static IP on comp, manual portforward on router
4. Follow portforward.com instructions to setup static IP on comp, use DSM's 'Router Configuration' etc.

All the methods cannot seem to work. I cannot access DSM or FTP over my office comp. Previously I was using a Dlink NAS and it was ok but decided that i wanted something better so I gave Synology a go as it was highly recommended.

It has been weeks and I am going crazy. Would anyone be able to offer help? I would gladly pay for your services to come my place and help me with the setup. Really at my wits end!

Thanks in advance!
Update your ASUS router's firmware.

I had the issue with my AC68U until I updated the firmware. One of the early issues with ASUS routers was NAT loopback not fully functioning, which was only added in sometime in early Dec.

You'll need to check the router firmware change log to see if the feature was added for your 56U.

If loopback worked previously, perhaps try a different port?

/Dan
Old 11-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #2057
Supremacy Member

Just a quick question, I am now using DS213J which is working great. I am thinking of adding one DS414 on my Apple Airport Extreme Router, how do I go about doing this? I saw that there is another Gigabit port on the DS414, can I plug my DS213J into it?

Thank you
Mainboard
Apple
Graphics Card
AMD Raedon HD 6750M
Memory
4GB DDR 3
Display
21.5" IPS Apple
Storage
3TB My Book Live, 1TB My Book, Synology DS213J with 2x2TB drive on hybrid raid
Optical Storage
Superdrive 8X
Casing
Apple Aluminium
PSU
Apple
Audio
Intel High Definition Audio
OS
OS X Maverick

faithsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #2058

Hi! thanks for the reply..hmm Nat loopback...u mean accessing my NAS through the ip or ddns? i have tried and it takes me to my router login. I tot that was normal as it is accessing through the home network. It happen with my prev dlink NAS also but somehow the Dlink NAS was more straightforward to setup. I also dun know what went wrong with the steps.

Even with the DSM's settings when i tried to test the ports it all said fail also. So I guess there seems to be a problem somewhere? Could it be the router firewall or my antivirus firewall? Thought if the Dlink NAS had no issues the synology should be the same
bluemajestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #2059
Master Member

Don't use USB3.0 to transfer files in. It takes ages.

PC to NAS takes less than half the time
hi, for PC to NAS, do u mean using the gigabit network? i have tried connecting my PC directly to the router and transfer the file to the NAS but it is like very slow, around 10mb/s. i have checked online and the answer i think is because i have only one gigabit port and while it is connected to the NAS. it is not connected to the computer.

or maybe i have gotten this wrong and there is another way to do the transfer. please teach me how.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #2060
Arch-Supremacy Member

Buy a D-Link 5 port gigabit switch for less than $40.
Then connect your router gigabit port to the switch using Cat. 6 and the rest plug into the switch.

hi, for PC to NAS, do u mean using the gigabit network? i have tried connecting my PC directly to the router and transfer the file to the NAS but it is like very slow, around 10mb/s. i have checked online and the answer i think is because i have only one gigabit port and while it is connected to the NAS. it is not connected to the computer.

or maybe i have gotten this wrong and there is another way to do the transfer. please teach me how.
Processor
R5 3600/R5 1600X
Mainboard
Asrock X570 Steel Legend/Asrock X370 Gaming K4
Graphics Card
PowerColor RX570 8GB/Palit GTX1050Ti 4GB
Memory
G.Skill Sniper 16GB/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Display
Dell U2719D/Dell U2719D
Storage
Adata XPG SX8200 512GB SSD, 480GB SSD/Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, 500GB SSD/DS418 4x 2TB Toshiba HDD
Casing
Lian Li PC-7FNW/PC-7NWX
PSU
SuperFlower Leadex II Gold 650W/Seasonic Prime Platinum 650W
Audio
Creative SB AE-5/SB AE-5

jtjt00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #2061

DS213J, budget model with decent performance.
DS213J vs DS213 + what would you all recommend.

Suspect my networks speed will be quite slow as it is going to from ONT to Asus Router to Samknows Box and another Switch
idiotboi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #2062

Have recently bought a DS412+. Maybe I check with you guys if there are something that works roughly the same way as dropbox in terms of sync. Drop sync works in a way whereby when it detects some new files it will auto sync from mobile to server. Do we have something like that in nas?
andyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #2063

Have recently bought a DS412+. Maybe I check with you guys if there are something that works roughly the same way as dropbox in terms of sync. Drop sync works in a way whereby when it detects some new files it will auto sync from mobile to server. Do we have something like that in nas?
Synology - Network Attached Storage (NAS)
Processor
AMD Ryzen 3700X
Mainboard
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI
Graphics Card
Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X
Memory
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2 x 16 GB 3200 MHz
Storage
Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500 GB M.2 NVMe
Casing
Corsair Carbide Series Spec-Omega
PSU
Corsair TX750M
OS
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

gutlink28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #2064
Master Member

Recently changed my modem from Singtel to the Aztech DSL7002GRV(S).
And after changing, I keep receiving - "Connection to DDNS has been lost" email.
Anyone encounter the same issue?

Also, when using the iOS apps, I get access denied/no privilege even when using admin account.

Can some one help me on the above?
Thanks!
Mainboard
Asus P7P55D
Graphics Card
PowerColor HD5850
Memory
Team Elite 1333Mhz 2GB x 2
Display
Dell 2407WFP - Rev-A04
Storage
Western Digital Black 640GB
Optical Storage
Liteon 24x Sata
Casing
Soldam ZR3000 Black Knight
PSU
Andyson M 800Watts
Audio
Onboard - Klipsch Promedia Ultra 2.0
OS
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #2065

Guys,

Like to know anyone do setting for direct access using static ip with fqdn to the NAS?
Recently sign up viewqwest,and had registered with the fqdn provided.

Hope someone can help,thanks.
astro75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 01:40 AM   #2066

Have recently bought a DS412+.
Bro, can share where you bought from and how much you paid?
polyglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #2067
High Supremacy Member

Hi! thanks for the reply..hmm Nat loopback...u mean accessing my NAS through the ip or ddns? i have tried and it takes me to my router login. I tot that was normal as it is accessing through the home network. It happen with my prev dlink NAS also but somehow the Dlink NAS was more straightforward to setup. I also dun know what went wrong with the steps.

Even with the DSM's settings when i tried to test the ports it all said fail also. So I guess there seems to be a problem somewhere? Could it be the router firewall or my antivirus firewall? Thought if the Dlink NAS had no issues the synology should be the same
You shouldn't be getting the router's admin page over the DDNS, but the NAS' (assuming you keyed in the port in the URL, i.e., my router.ddnsurl.com:5000).

/Dan
Old 13-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #2068
Arch-Supremacy Member

new update available

Version: 4.3-3810 Update 4

(2014/1/9)
Compatibility and Installation

DSM 4.3-3810 Update 4 can only be installed on Synology products running DSM 4.3-3810 via DSM Update. Please log in to DSM and go to Control Panel > DSM Update to install the update.
Improvements

Enhanced the security of Windows File Services (SMB) to prevent unauthorized access.
Enhanced the compatibility of File Station with Internet Explorer 11.
Fixed Issues

Data that was read from a volume would be incorrect when a crashed SSD cache was mounted on that volume.
SNMP service would consume excessive memory when it was enabled.
Synology NAS could not shut down or reboot when DoS protection was enabled
Processor
iMac
Display
27inch
Storage
1TB
OS
Lion

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2014, 11:41 PM   #2069
Master Member

anyone with a guide on setting up ds412+ to be accessible from the internet. i was following the guide from synology but face a problem with the portforwarding as i am using the singtel default 2wire 5012nv router and tt is not on the router list. i was using the ez internet and it did not lead me to the firewall and ddns set up.

so if there is a guide on how to do it for singtel 2wire router, the help will be deeply appreciated
Old 15-01-2014, 12:14 AM   #2070
Master Member

i have been having 414 for 2 months and i still have not figure out how to access 414 from my ipad or overseas pc.

I am on singtel broadband with the modem cum router Singtel PACE 5012NW black.

anyone successfully done any setting here?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.