www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   [NAS] Synology NAS owner club! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/%5Bnas%5D-synology-nas-owner-club-4133906.html)

Vulpix 11-03-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anything_Whatever (Post 74619464)
Hi there Vulpix and Synlogy pals,

Got myself a 413j and 4 pc RED 3TB harddisks at IT fair.

Still haven't settle down to open up the boxes...

What Raid would you recommend? newbie here...

TIA
Benjamin

If you are a newbie just select SHR, let Synology handle for you.

Aegis 11-03-2013 01:07 PM

Depends on redundancy vs performance needs. Sensitive data probably SHR-2 or RAID 6, can tahan 2 disk fail. OW SHR or RAID 5. Need speed and non-critical data then RAID 0. Idiot proof just use SHR-1 should be ok for most users.

noobzpro 11-03-2013 01:09 PM

hmmm im curious is synology like the best in the market??? how isit compared to qnap

Aegis 11-03-2013 01:09 PM

Can we add some additional infomation on how to access your NAS online as well, I'm struggling with that. Keeps telling me I need to switch on webdav, but I already on liao.

Aegis 11-03-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobzpro (Post 74619915)
hmmm im curious is synology like the best in the market??? how isit compared to qnap

I chose it mainly because of software, supposed to be one of the better ones on the market.

Vulpix 11-03-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegis (Post 74619881)
Depends on redundancy vs performance needs. Sensitive data probably SHR-2 or RAID 6, can tahan 2 disk fail. OW SHR or RAID 5. Need speed and non-critical data then RAID 0. Idiot proof just use SHR-1 should be ok for most users.

My own ratio is:
Running:Redundant
3:1
4:2
6:2

Vulpix 11-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegis (Post 74619922)
Can we add some additional infomation on how to access your NAS online as well, I'm struggling with that. Keeps telling me I need to switch on webdav, but I already on liao.

What guide are you using? Link the guide, I see if there are any steps that is missing.

Aegis 11-03-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 74620236)
What guide are you using? Link the guide, I see if there are any steps that is missing.

Using
How to access my Synology NAS via th... - Synology Inc. Network Attached Storage - NEW NAS Experience

Vulpix 11-03-2013 01:38 PM

Hrmmm, did you setup the webdav port and stuff also? Worst case scenario just reboot your NAS.

Aegis 11-03-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 74620575)
Hrmmm, did you setup the webdav port and stuff also? Worst case scenario just reboot your NAS.

Yup, I switched on webdav. Maybe I will try rebooting everything tonight, the sequence should be modem, router, PC, NAS? or model, router, NAS, pc?

Vulpix 11-03-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegis (Post 74621174)
Yup, I switched on webdav. Maybe I will try rebooting everything tonight, the sequence should be modem, router, PC, NAS? or model, router, NAS, pc?

Doesn't matter. Just reboot the NAS, don't disturb your PC and router, because it seems like there's a config issue. If cannot just post here, I personally never encounter any issue before.

Aegis 11-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 74621397)
Doesn't matter. Just reboot the NAS, don't disturb your PC and router, because it seems like there's a config issue. If cannot just post here, I personally never encounter any issue before.

Ok will give it a go when I get home. Need a damn USB 3.0 connection on the NAS man, think gonna take me a while to transfer all my stuff over to the NAS. Should have gotten a 413 instead. :s13:

Vulpix 11-03-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aegis (Post 74621919)
Ok will give it a go when I get home. Need a damn USB 3.0 connection on the NAS man, think gonna take me a while to transfer all my stuff over to the NAS. Should have gotten a 413 instead. :s13:

413 is PPC based platform, I would not recommend it too. Anyway the pain is only a one time setup. If you don't sway sway kenna 2/4 drive deaths, should be no problem one.

noobzpro 11-03-2013 03:17 PM

413 or 411slim...for siimplee Storage, Movies dlna And Server for people To Download Files From Me

Vulpix 11-03-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobzpro (Post 74622928)
413 or 411slim...for siimplee Storage, Movies dlna And Server for people To Download Files From Me

Whichever that has a marvell processor. Don't pick anything with PPC.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.