[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaweb

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check. I am going to do a factory reset to my Android mobile. My mobile installed Authenticator app for 2-step verification. Should I disable this feature before I perform mobile factory reset ?

Thanks.

loganrunning

Reaction score
Has anyone noted the veriification time for a toshiba or hitachi 6TB?

Installed first hitachi 6tb on my ds414 at 2300 last night - basic single volume across entire drive. Based on past drives upto 4T, expected at least 24 hour for verification.

Surprise! Done when i checked at 0600 this morning. No error messages, just completion notification.

Second disk is in progress now.

By way of comparison, all previous 3 & 4 TB drives took at least 18hours

So, is the short verification time pointing to something wrong? Or is it a benefit of newer technology

Tks

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noted the veriification time for a toshiba or hitachi 6TB?

Installed first hitachi 6tb on my ds414 at 2300 last night - basic single volume across entire drive. Based on past drives upto 4T, expected at least 24 hour for verification.

Surprise! Done when i checked at 0600 this morning. No error messages, just completion notification.

Second disk is in progress now.

By way of comparison, all previous 3 & 4 TB drives took at least 18hours

So, is the short verification time pointing to something wrong? Or is it a benefit of newer technology

Tks
Check if 2nd disk also follow 7 hour period?

loganrunning

Reaction score
Check if 2nd disk also follow 7 hour period?

Just got home, 9 hours after starting verification check. Firefox crashed, but the verification process is completed ie no notification, storage manager is clear.

Maybe i wipe and recreate that volume. If it still finishes within 7 hours, i will take it as normal.

Anyone else has experience with a hgst 6TB drive?

DG2727

Reaction score
Synology NAS Ip Cam Licences

Hi all,

I'm new to NAS and i've recently purchased a Synology NAS at the recent COMEX for surveillance recording.

I'm running 4 IP cams and i understand that the NAS only comes with x2 pre-installed IP licences. I was trying to get some guidance from the Challenger guys selling Synology at COMEX, but they weren't really familiar with the products.. (a little disappointed)...

Anyone know where i can get additional x2 licences for Synology other than online at the Synology listed links from Innocam - x1 (euro49), x4 (euro169.50), x8 (euro307.37).

It appears that I either have to buy 2 sets of x1 device pack or x4 device pack and end up wasting the other licences.

Anyone have any advice on (1) where else i can buy these licences? or (2) any cheaper sources to buy from?

Thanks!

DG2727

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got home, 9 hours after starting verification check. Firefox crashed, but the verification process is completed ie no notification, storage manager is clear.

Maybe i wipe and recreate that volume. If it still finishes within 7 hours, i will take it as normal.

Anyone else has experience with a hgst 6TB drive?

A clean volume without any files? I think clean one is pretty fast from what I remember.

Or have Synology tweaked the /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min?

loganrunning

Reaction score
A clean volume without any files? I think clean one is pretty fast from what I remember.

Or have Synology tweaked the /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min?

Yup, clean volume

I wiped and recreated the volume this morning. Will check later when i return

The other volume completed after 12 hours, but there was a background restore, so thats understandable

The previous drives (now removed) all took approx 24hours on the same ds414

Anyway, confirmed its the drive. The old hgst and toshiba 4tb were wiped and same volume tyoe created on a new ds418j. All too 24hours, even when the parity check was the only task running

Not complaining about the speed, just wanted to confirm ;-)

Edit: to add on, this nas is never exposed to the outside world, so its still on dsm 4.3. Minimises parameter changes in this "experiment"

Last edited:

loganrunning

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on (1) where else i can buy these licences? or (2) any cheaper sources to buy from?

Thanks!

DG2727

In the past, I have seen some vendors in ebay, didnt compare prices though

The local disty prices are higher.

HTH

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally got my UPS and set it up.

qwh4W4Q.jpg

i4RGa2A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.