[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGJoe86

Reaction score
Anyone know why my DS213j is constantly on 98-100% CPU utilisation? Only thing running is Download Station and Surveillance Station.
Also, my 2nd bay failed yesterday by showing it as not initialised, but the HDD is working fine with zero bad sectors since the last deep scan on 8th Apr. That disk had been working since day 1 with more than 48000 hours under its belt (disk in bay 1 had already died twice with bad sectors). Reinitialised the HDD and now it is working fine.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why my DS213j is constantly on 98-100% CPU utilisation? Only thing running is Download Station and Surveillance Station.
Also, my 2nd bay failed yesterday by showing it as not initialised, but the HDD is working fine with zero bad sectors since the last deep scan on 8th Apr. That disk had been working since day 1 with more than 48000 hours under its belt (disk in bay 1 had already died twice with bad sectors). Reinitialised the HDD and now it is working fine.

Check your processes. Anyway survilliance usually take up a fair amount of cpu resources.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
J series is entry level NAS, lack the power of a workhorse like the + series. Time to upgrade your NAS & HDD.

existential_reality

Reaction score
This video covers how you can route the traffic from the Synology to the VPN,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=the1MqgWlDM

For extra fyi once your synology is hooked to the Vpn

If you sync your router IP to a DNS and do port forwarding you need enable multiple gateway options on the synology to allow the apps to log in via the DNS name the IP is linked too.

Thinking of getting a NAS for media consumption.. If all torrenting activities are managed in the NAS, can we run the VPN only for the NAS instead of the entire network?

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where can buy Synology 1 Bay NAS DiskStation (DS119j) in sg? Only looking at this not others thx

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a NAS for media consumption.. If all torrenting activities are managed in the NAS, can we run the VPN only for the NAS instead of the entire network?

Yes you can. Just set it up in the Control Panel.

Besaid

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input.
Another question is.. Buy local or overseas? Been reading the thread and it seems like PSU issue is quite prevalent.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
wow the RMA set from TW HQ come back with new power adapter & hdd bays which i nv send to them :)

Last edited:

converse2010

Reaction score
Whoops. False positive. Apparently I can still power up. Not sure why did it experienced improper shutdown during the day. Likely mobo kaput liao. :o

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
after put in my HDD...

at least 2 HDD give alert sound sia!!!!!!!

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
my RED WD show degraded mode....

mean gg??????

since is under Warranty, i can send in to RMA hor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.