www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   [NAS] Synology NAS owner club! (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/%5Bnas%5D-synology-nas-owner-club-4133906.html)

i1magic 29-11-2020 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yusoffb01 (Post 131103305)
As long as you are not using Btrfs in raid 5 you are safe.


Could you elaborate how come if on Btrfs in RAID 5 then jialat liao.

i1magic 29-11-2020 02:13 AM

I came across this 2 videos.


Posted on 9 Jul 2018






Then again.


Posted on 30 Nov 2018





He really so suay?


Can I just check, how many of you have a Synology NAS and it kena problem, of one kind or another, before it hit 5yrs?

t258jgn 29-11-2020 02:33 AM

You've changed settings http://192.168.XXX.XXX:5000 to https://192.168.XXX.XXX:5001?

U check your
Control Panel>Network>DSM Settings


Quote:

Originally Posted by i1magic (Post 131110592)
I just changed my PC. I was logging into Synology NAS with out problem via 192.168.XXX.XXX:5000 on my old PC.


Then I tried to login to the Synology NAS again and it keep saying cannot.

So I reset the NAS and then login to Admin with blank password and change the password. It asked me to login again but show errors says :


192.168.XXX.XXX:5000 you are not authorised to access this service


I tried like 10 times, still the same. Bo bian, I power up my old PC and then tried to login from there and it shows 192.168.XXX.XXX:5001 instead and I could get in.

Any expert here can explain what went wrong?


i1magic 29-11-2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t258jgn (Post 131110803)
You've changed settings http://192.168.XXX.XXX:5000 to https://192.168.XXX.XXX:5001?

U check your
Control Panel>Network>DSM Settings


I didn't change.


I go under Control Panel > Network > DSM Settings and it shows :

DSM ports


HTTP : 5000
HTTPS : 5001

yusoffb01 29-11-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i1magic (Post 131110622)
Could you elaborate how come if on Btrfs in RAID 5 then jialat liao.

it is unstable in raid 5 and 6
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Status#RAID56

you can google the btrfs, got many people lose all their volume. for some it happened twice

kun1he2 30-11-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yusoffb01 (Post 131111203)
it is unstable in raid 5 and 6
https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Status#RAID56

you can google the btrfs, got many people lose all their volume. for some it happened twice

Were any of those people using Synology?

StaRChO 01-12-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i1magic (Post 131110602)
You mean your Synology DS915+ is the cause of the power trip?


You changed power cable means you have another power adapter that has similar power output rating as the original power adapter? Or what?

Erm.. not the power adapter as i do not have spare. I mean i swop with another normal PC cable, tot it might be the fuse thats goner.. but it didnt work. Waiting for a reply from synology support.

i1magic 01-12-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i1magic (Post 131110602)
You mean your Synology DS915+ is the cause of the power trip?


You changed power cable means you have another power adapter that has similar power output rating as the original power adapter? Or what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaRChO (Post 131148887)
Erm.. not the power adapter as i do not have spare. I mean i swop with another normal PC cable, tot it might be the fuse thats goner.. but it didnt work. Waiting for a reply from synology support.


For your DS915+, is it using power adapter or internal PSU?

bencheongcm 01-12-2020 09:52 PM

Anyone can intro a 4-bay budget NAS from Synology?

StaRChO 01-12-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i1magic (Post 131153573)
For your DS915+, is it using power adapter or internal PSU?

power adapter.. its actually 918+ i rem wrongly. Anyone knows if cant find receipt how to track is by which distributor for rma ?

t258jgn 02-12-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaRChO (Post 131164128)
power adapter.. its actually 918+ i rem wrongly. Anyone knows if cant find receipt how to track is by which distributor for rma ?


Who did you purchased from?

batniss 02-12-2020 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaRChO (Post 131164128)
power adapter.. its actually 918+ i rem wrongly. Anyone knows if cant find receipt how to track is by which distributor for rma ?

Contact Synology. They will tell u.

i1magic 02-12-2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bencheongcm (Post 131162044)
Anyone can intro a 4-bay budget NAS from Synology?


I have research a lot, just get DS920+ at about $730. Don't bother about other lower end models.

StaRChO 02-12-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 131165379)
Contact Synology. They will tell u.

Thanks, msg them already

bencheongcm 02-12-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i1magic (Post 131167267)
I have research a lot, just get DS920+ at about $730. Don't bother about other lower end models.

Not even the DS420J :s11:


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.