ZLMiMVB.jpg

S1mvRXl.jpg

6NNhdmV.jpg

:o

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
got my 414 as well...

now still figuring how to really using it. still very newbie.
is it necessary to install anti virus for the system?

lets say if my laptop got virus, or malware or trojan, will the nas be affected? with data all wiped out?

i tried transfering 2TB of movies and songs to the system via external HDD plug in, failed at 500+gb for twice...and now that particular ext HDD folder is empty. not sure why. Tried plugging the ext hdd to laptop and the folder has everything intact. any idea whats wrong? I re-plug back to 414 and the folder is still empty, but clicking on properties, the size showed 2TB as well

Pandule

Reaction score
Guys. I have an issue.

Yesterday i went to set up the DDNS thing perfectly using EZ internet. I login to DS file, DS video using iphone & 4G at xxxxx.synology.me and it works.

but right now. i can only use 4G to log in to DS file via quickconnect ID, the rest that requires an IP address one all can't login.

Any help?

TIA!

Last edited:

phayze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You got enable quick connect for all the other services?

Guys. I have an issue.

Yesterday i went to set up the DDNS thing perfectly using EZ internet. I login to DS file, DS video using iphone & 4G at xxxxx.synology.me and it works.

but right now. i can only use 4G to log in to DS file via quickconnect ID, the rest that requires an IP address one all can't login.

Any help?

TIA!

Pandule

Reaction score
You got enable quick connect for all the other services?

Hi, How to enable quickconnect for all other services. I can only use quickconnect for DS file, DS cloud, DS photo+ and DS audio.

Anyway yesterday i was able to use chrome on my iphone 4G to login at xxxxx.synology.me, but today can't.

engshing

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, i am intending to purchase ds414 soon and since sitex is already over, i would like to ask where can i get the best deal for this and hdd. i intending to have 4 x 3tb HDD

walkwaffle

Reaction score
new update is available :

Version: 4.3-3810 Update 2

(2013/12/5)
Compatibility and Installation

DSM 4.3-3810 Update 2 can only be installed on Synology products running DSM 4.3-3810 via DSM Update. Please log in to DSM and go to Control Panel > DSM Update to install the update.
Fixed Issues

Fixed an issue where the system partition will probably have insufficient free space if logs of Windows File Service is enabled.
Fixed an issue where the system partition of DS213+ and DS413 will probably have insufficient free space in some network environments.
Enhanced the stability of DS213+ and DS413 when they are connected with Synology expansion units.
Enhanced the overall stability of DSM.

Now my DS413 cannot reboot or shutdown (unless SSH and use reboot command...lol). Also reported in synology forums:

Synology Inc. Online Community Forum • View topic - DS413 with 4.3-3810 not able to shutdown/reboot

shadowandy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my 414 as well...

now still figuring how to really using it. still very newbie.
is it necessary to install anti virus for the system?

lets say if my laptop got virus, or malware or trojan, will the nas be affected? with data all wiped out?

i tried transfering 2TB of movies and songs to the system via external HDD plug in, failed at 500+gb for twice...and now that particular ext HDD folder is empty. not sure why. Tried plugging the ext hdd to laptop and the folder has everything intact. any idea whats wrong? I re-plug back to 414 and the folder is still empty, but clicking on properties, the size showed 2TB as well

Not sure if the anti-virus helps but better than nothing I guess. I installed on my 412+ too.

Pandule

Reaction score
phone app: DS file using port 5005.

try your DDNS name again
Behind put:5000

your web server is blocked by port 80.

Alan.synology.me:5000 ( try outside the network)
you can try iphone on 3G or 4G

1. Log on to DSM :> DDNS::> Register DDNS

2. Port forwarding.com
Router Port Forwarding Guides - PortForward.com
check your router and follow the steps.

3. canyouseeme.
Open Port Check Tool - Do your own website hosting or run an IP Camera etc!
check the port: 80. 5000. 5005 are successfully open.

4. connect 3/4G on mobile phone. ( external access)
type the DDNS name and try.

hope the guide can help you.
if not, check the receipt and call the help desk for help.

Hi, I did try this. My router IP and IP at (3, canyouseeme) were the same. but when I check e ports, I keep getting connection timed out.

I try to check the ports using control panel in my DSM, it states that everything is normal.

is there any concern when I shut down and restart the NAS automatically everyday?

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i am intending to purchase ds414 soon and since sitex is already over, i would like to ask where can i get the best deal for this and hdd. i intending to have 4 x 3tb HDD

wait for the next show or u can call up ace peripherals if they can sell at discounted show price?

Alpha0

Master Member
Reaction score
synology also distro by Eternal Asia ?

i realized all my 4TB red also by EA.

since when they do distro for synology and WD ?

maybe i slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.