[Official][GTX 1080TI Discussion Room]

Noirkw

Reaction score
hi all,

i want to buy psu getting ready for 1080ti.

heard 600w is just enuf and if i dont oc.

i might not oc now, but i just want to get it ready in case i want to oc :o

any good brand and watt thats good for it?

EVGA lumber #1

but its basically SF :s13:

hg_wng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

600w should be enough even if you OC, just that you will be using a higher percentage of your PSU capacity. Up to you whether or not that justifies an upgrade.

CrispyPeddler

Reaction score
600w should be enough even if you OC, just that you will be using a higher percentage of your PSU capacity. Up to you whether or not that justifies an upgrade.

confirm ma? if yes i also donwan change...changing psu is quite tedious...

if can i just wan plug out old gpu plug in new gpu :o

morkutao

Reaction score
Saw the review from YouTube and I'm impressed with it. If want good one, would definitely recommended SF :) my upcoming Ryzen 5 rig would surely using SF :D

bro... good choice join me soon. been firing up my pc 24/7 since jan when i custom it :s13:

patrickng82

Reaction score
Hi, need some expert advises, can 1080ti FE can be SLI with different brands? Example Asus with Gigsbyte? What is the recommended power for PSU? Will 1000W be sufficient? I was looking at EVGA P2 1000w. Thank you.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, need some expert advises, can 1080ti FE can be SLI with different brands? Example Asus with Gigsbyte? What is the recommended power for PSU? Will 1000W be sufficient? I was looking at EVGA P2 1000w. Thank you.

850w shld be adequate. It is not as energy hogging as r9 290 or r9 fury.

Unless you are plannung to OC them, then 1000w may be required.

patrickng82

Reaction score
850w shld be adequate. It is not as energy hogging as r9 290 or r9 fury.

Unless you are plannung to OC them, then 1000w may be required.

Thank you shadow, I've just got myself the EVGA P2 1000w after your recommendation.

Anyone able to advise on whether or not different brands of 1080ti FE able to work? Thank you.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you shadow, I've just got myself the EVGA P2 1000w after your recommendation.

Anyone able to advise on whether or not different brands of 1080ti FE able to work? Thank you.

Different brands may work together. If u use different AIB, it will use the lower clockspeed.

Cedesria

Reaction score
FE is all the same. They are made by Nvidia just the branding and repackaging by different companies. U can mix and match with no issues to sli them. 850w is just nice but don't expect to OC. Personally I sold off BOH my 1080 sli and replaced my 850w to 1000w too. Waiting patiently for the AIB release. Now running my rig with its onboard graphics

c0ke123

Reaction score
hi all,

Seasonic X series is good already. 750w is more than enough. Good buy for me. 5 years warranty

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.