www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   [Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/%5Brecommend%5D-good-mechanical-keyboard-5031425.html)

recca85 05-05-2015 08:24 AM

any quite type of mechanical keyboard?
Just a few macro keys will be good, 1 row will do just fine along with the usual multimedia control etc. keypad is a must.
I looked around and razer blackwidow ultimate stealth is quiet enough. But still looking out for other brands.

purpleberry 05-05-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyraLeo (Post 93650360)
one question, what is this PBT keys and ABS keys people are talking about?

I want to try a mech keyboard and i was thinking of the Ducky Zero at 100 bucks, is that a good choice?

i prefer blue/brown switches.

i was thinking of getting a 2nd hand to try but even 2nd hand ones seem rather expensive.

Time for a commercial break

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ga...s-5032412.html

purpleberry 05-05-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recca85 (Post 93651779)
any quite type of mechanical keyboard?
Just a few macro keys will be good, 1 row will do just fine along with the usual multimedia control etc. keypad is a must.
I looked around and razer blackwidow ultimate stealth is quiet enough. But still looking out for other brands.

Loud is relative. Most mechanical keyboards are quite loud. You can try red or brown cherries fitted with 0.4mm o-rings to see how it sounds like at xtremesolutions. This may be the quietest combination but still, it won't be as soft as a dinovo or thinkpad keyboard.

Mikiberry 05-05-2015 09:37 AM

I find CM stuff rather Orh Biang because of their design. Anyway even rubber dome keyboards will be loud. Just avoid tactile switches lor. I personally have tried using O rings, but the difference in sound is not significant at all.

muddle 05-05-2015 11:32 AM

Use scissor switch keys

koroshiya8 05-05-2015 12:07 PM

black switch is pretty quiet liao.

SyraLeo 05-05-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royfrosty (Post 93651495)
Abs and pbt is a form of plastic used for making keycaps.

Most keyboard brands will be providing abs keycaps. With a few brands offering pbt keycaps out of the box.

Abs through time will be faded, worse for those with sweaty palms and fingers, it will worn off even faster. The first thing you will notice is the shiny surface of the keycaps.

Pbt on the other hand is a much stronger plastic over abs. It has a much tougher plastic and is a little more rougher than abs. Given that the surface is matte surface. It is rather more harder to worn off.

For hygiene purpose i will not buy second hand keyboards nor mouse. I mean thats me, not sure with the rest.

As for the ducky 0. Its a very basic keyboard. Features starts to go up with the price going up. What do you really need in a keyboard?

I just need a basic keyboard with keypad, even though i had "gaming" keyboards in the past, i never used the macro/media functions.

all the fancy LEDs are also useless to me, dont need a light show when im typing.

royfrosty 05-05-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyraLeo (Post 93656452)
I just need a basic keyboard with keypad, even though i had "gaming" keyboards in the past, i never used the macro/media functions.

all the fancy LEDs are also useless to me, dont need a light show when im typing.

Then Ducky 0 is fine.

ragnarok95 05-05-2015 03:24 PM

Just get a double shot keycap la.

Sensational 05-05-2015 03:50 PM

Now that corsair fixed the led problems I am in love with my k70 rgb again. Haha

purpleberry 05-05-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensational (Post 93660308)
Now that corsair fixed the led problems I am in love with my k70 rgb again. Haha

It's a good looking kb, especially with the wrist rest. I particularly like the gunmetal finish.

Techno Pride 21-05-2015 10:48 AM

Has the corsair k70 non-rgb been discontinued?

Swordsman 21-05-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleberry (Post 93660408)
It's a good looking kb, especially with the wrist rest. I particularly like the gunmetal finish.

nice... i need the wrist rest..

josh_ong 27-05-2015 12:14 AM

Seem like I found a wonderful place for opinion.
I am currently using G105 with regrets, because the keys are not great for typing (of course, this aint a mech kb)

I looking at Tesoro Spectrum / RGB, as recommended before at SLS level 5, and now, Ducky as intro from this thread.

Anything that I can have a good back liting for work in the middle of night will be great - brown switch.

Shall update once I get the kb. =)

royfrosty 27-05-2015 08:01 AM

Brown keys with backlit. Ducky shine 3 or 4.

But of cause you got to understand that LEDs do blown off easily. And once it starts, it is a poison.