www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   [Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/%5Brecommend%5D-good-mechanical-keyboard-5031425.html)

purpleberry 22-04-2015 11:07 AM

I've narrowed it down to
- Corsair K70
- Filco Convertible 2

Need to try Topre if it suits my typing style.

rockdjlow 22-04-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleberry (Post 93372800)
I've narrowed it down to
- Corsair K70
- Filco Convertible 2

What is the lowest price for both?

I guess either both, you will take a bit of time to used to it from your typing style.

monikernemo 22-04-2015 11:18 AM

Am using a das ultimate but blue switch. The most disappointing part I would say is the footbar. Not a very wise solution for inclined keyboards.

Otherwise, the body is made of aluminum but sandblasted. Very solid and heavy. Aesthetically it is very clean, must go if you like blank keycaps (though some keys can be annoying because have to guess). Just sad that only has two USB 3.0 ports which I used to plug my blue snowball and Razer abyssus and no microphone/headphone jack.

Sent from your wardrobe using GAGT

koroshiya8 22-04-2015 01:30 PM

K95 has a full set of macros... only problem is the software not user friendly at all.

Mikiberry 22-04-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleberry (Post 93372800)
I've narrowed it down to
- Corsair K70
- Filco Convertible 2

Filco Convertible 2 - Enthusiasts in Geek hack and Deskthority have been praising it alot. User bases in Singapore is too little for you to rely on.

royfrosty 22-04-2015 01:48 PM

Using the filco convertible 2.

Have to say its an awesome bluetooth keyboard. And solid build quality.

If you dare open up the keyboard, the soldering quality is no horserun. Highly recommended.

It has 4 memory to keep all the devices settings. And a usb cable just in case you need to just use when battery flat.

As of now, i have used the energizer lithium batteries, still going strong for 1.5mths.

Last measured each still have 1.47v. Still can last about 3 more months lol.

No gimmick softwares needed and no frills keyboards.

royfrosty 22-04-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikiberry (Post 93376015)
Filco Convertible 2 - Enthusiasts in Geek hack and Deskthority have been praising it alot. User bases in Singapore is too little for you to rely on.

Pruss satu!

koroshiya8 22-04-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by royfrosty (Post 93376071)

If you dare open up the keyboard, the soldering quality is no horserun. Highly recommended.

It has 4 memory to keep all the devices settings. And a usb cable just in case you need to just use when battery flat.

As of now, i have used the energizer lithium batteries, still going strong for 1.5mths.

What's the damage like? is the bluetooth reliable ?

Silverback84 22-04-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 93376171)

Interested to know too

royfrosty 22-04-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Yes it is. $23x.

Its reliable leh. Some more dont consume much battery.

Mikiberry 22-04-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

250+ SGD. Premium in Singapore cos we are carrot head. I have not tested the bluetooth cos I dont own one (I rather buy in Japan in August), but seriously just use it with cable if you want.

My Filco MJ2 three years liao, still very solid. After cleaning it and lightly oil the red switches, it is so smooth.

purpleberry 22-04-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by royfrosty (Post 93376071)

Oh my, I got myself a Type Heaven topre instead. Only the Filco brown + o-ring comes really close to what I want. I thought I'd rather wait for a couple of years to see how the wireless mechanical market develops. Besides I am quite concerned on the temper tantrums for bluetooth connection.

Mikiberry 22-04-2015 01:57 PM

Also you can consider CM novatouch. Topre TKL keyboard.

purpleberry 22-04-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikiberry (Post 93376237)
250+ SGD. Premium in Singapore cos we are carrot head. I have not tested the bluetooth cos I dont own one (I rather buy in Japan in August), but seriously just use it with cable if you want.

My Filco MJ2 three years liao, still very solid. After cleaning it and lightly oil the red switches, it is so smooth.

Any idea how much cheaper they are in Japan? I think there should be plenty of players over there but not sure how different the keys are.

royfrosty 22-04-2015 01:57 PM

Mj2 is older model.

Mj2 convertible was released a year ago.

The good thing is you can use either bluetooth or cable. Best of both worlds.