www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   [Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/%5Brecommend%5D-good-mechanical-keyboard-5031425.html)

live2snap 22-04-2015 11:06 PM

Between corsair k70 and corsair k70 rgb, which is better? I don't need to change the led backlight.

ondooy 23-04-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2snap (Post 93388369)
Between corsair k70 and corsair k70 rgb, which is better? I don't need to change the led backlight.

you already have your answer
Quote:

I don't need to change the led backlight.

rambez 23-04-2015 12:36 AM

k70 non rgb is good enough. feels quite sturdy

LegendZenify 23-04-2015 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2snap (Post 93388369)

K70 RGB obviously better, but also cost more.
Up to you if you wanna get K70 with red led (which might not go well with color scheme) or the RGB (rainbow effect is pretty cool for showing off =:p)
Don't get the K70 with blue LEDs - those are ****.
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKe..._year_31_dead/

koroshiya8 23-04-2015 08:00 AM

K70 RGB i have to reiterate is it's software is still very buggy.... always 'malfunction'... in the sense that the LEDs cant be changed once it malfunction (need a replug of USB or sometimes restart PC). Function wise Keyboard can still work but things like dedicated media keys may not.. see if you can tahan or not..

FYI, i'm using the usb 3.0 connection. In terms of build it doesnt disappoint.

purpleberry 23-04-2015 08:24 AM

K70 non-RGB comes close to what I wanted to purchase. Don't need to get an additional wrist rest which is a nice bonus.

purpleberry 23-04-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 93386232)
Closest to this in singapore is x-treme solutions.

Dammit! I haven't done my homework properly. Usually frequent the old bird shops in sls, not much sightseeing, especially 2nd floor.

royfrosty 23-04-2015 09:41 AM

Aiyo. Thats why i say. Dont bother with softwares.

Be it razer synapse, crap corsair softwares and other kinds of softwares.

A keyboard is meant to be simple. Not complicated. Not meant to set stuffs. Macro? Do it on the mouse.

Mouse software is somewhat still better. Keyboard just keep it simple non led, no softwares, no frills, with costar stabilizers.

That will lead to filco. Solid like a tank. No headaches just plug and play.

I highly do not recommend corsair keyboards. Not because its not chio nor bad build. Just that their keys are not friendly and standardise like others. The windows and spacebar is not standardise size. Buying full keycaps set is a problem. And most corsair products are OEM by someone.

Some of the Cooler master keyboards also does the same as Corsair Keycaps.

Note that for gamers your ABS keycaps will worn off faster than usual. Thats where the keycaps replacement is needed.

alifffresto 23-04-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 93391401)
K70 RGB i have to reiterate is it's software is still very buggy.... always 'malfunction'... in the sense that the LEDs cant be changed once it malfunction (need a replug of USB or sometimes restart PC). Function wise Keyboard can still work but things like dedicated media keys may not.. see if you can tahan or not..

FYI, i'm using the usb 3.0 connection. In terms of build it doesnt disappoint.

need to replug / restart meh? I thought just change the polling switch behind can oredy? it will reset itself.

moonshire 23-04-2015 10:00 AM

I read that using a usb hub helps with the freezing. Also, launching the software after launching steam and origin and stuff helps. But kind of a disappointment considering you paid $230 for it. A big patch is in the works now but is still in closed beta.

purpleberry 23-04-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royfrosty (Post 93392835)
Aiyo. Thats why i say. Dont bother with softwares.

Be it razer synapse, crap corsair softwares and other kinds of softwares.

A keyboard is meant to be simple. Not complicated. Not meant to set stuffs. Macro? Do it on the mouse.

Mouse software is somewhat still better. Keyboard just keep it simple non led, no softwares, no frills, with costar stabilizers.

That will lead to filco. Solid like a tank. No headaches just plug and play.

I highly do not recommend corsair keyboards. Not because its not chio nor bad build. Just that their keys are not friendly and standardise like others. The windows and spacebar is not standardise size. Buying full keycaps set is a problem. And most corsair products are OEM by someone.

Some of the Cooler master keyboards also does the same as Corsair Keycaps.

Note that for gamers your ABS keycaps will worn off faster than usual. Thats where the keycaps replacement is needed.

Good point on the keycaps. The noise it generates would be different too. Which are the good keyboards with PBT caps? I know Filco is one of them. How about DAS, CM?

It's always nice to have little media control in the kb but I usually do all that with my G700s.

shadow84 23-04-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleberry (Post 93393389)
Good point on the keycaps. The noise it generates would be different too. Which are the good keyboards with PBT caps? I know Filco is one of them. How about DAS, CM?

It's always nice to have little media control in the kb but I usually do all that with my G700s.

You talking about keyboards giving PBT as standard? If so, only a few does that... Leopold, pok3r iirc. The majority all use ABS.

royfrosty 23-04-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleberry (Post 93393389)

Mostly ABS. Only leopold that i know has pbt. But they uses cherry stabilizers not costar.

So theres a difference.

If you are adventurous you can buy filco. With all the standard size keys, you can head to massdrop, geekhacks and other keycaps makers for tons of keycaps.

purpleberry 23-04-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royfrosty (Post 93394700)
Mostly ABS. Only leopold that i know has pbt. But they uses cherry stabilizers not costar.

So theres a difference.

If you are adventurous you can buy filco. With all the standard size keys, you can head to massdrop, geekhacks and other keycaps makers for tons of keycaps.

Yea, I am eyeing Filco convertible 2 brown with 0.4mm o-rings. I still like my topre type heaven though, so most probably I'll be sticking to these 2 to satisfy my craving... for now at least. $250 is quite hard to swallow. Not sure if I should wait for my Japan trip.

koroshiya8 23-04-2015 11:42 AM

now u guys got me interested in the convertible too. gotch MO ? LOL. hope it has brown switch.