[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't need customization. Just quiet with a good feel, backlit (RGB is fine as long as there is a way to enable single color backlight without software) and indicators for CAPS/NUMLock. The Phantom I have now basically is 50% there because it's too loud and the indicators are basically blocked from view by the keys.

Sadly, Leopold and Filco doesn't seem to do backlit. Varmilo backlit keyboards have a silly plaque where the indicators normally are.

Ducky website is a PITA to use but seems to be the closest fit. Their indicator lights seem to have same problem as the Phantom but they have another row of keys above that which might provide enough reflection to tell what is on/off.

Apart from these established brands, any experience with China brands? Doing a quick search on Taobao, I see that they have waterproof mechanical keyboards which piqued my interest since having a toddler around the house means inevitable disaster potential :s13:

I recommend Corsair K68... it is at least partially water resistant or proof depends on how you see it... because I gone through some mechanical keyboards.. my last Black Keys one from Steel Series malfunctioned due to water spill.. some keys not working.. then I go thru some China one bought from Taobao... either I cannot get used to the design.. or again I spilled some liquid on it.. causing it to malfunction again... or some are not N-key rollover... some are really damn bad that causes problem when you are playing a typical FPS games... yeah that bad.. but it was cheap...

But if you dun ever drink near your keyboard... or have any kind of liquid near it.. then forget what I say. :s13:

Again.. there is this keyboard I buy from Taobao which say water resistant... but not really... sometimes I think they dunno what they are saying... unless you look closely at their design.... Corsair K68 has a good design.. and if the China side copy Corsair K68 design.. then yeah could be a water resistant design.

Last edited:

vamprose

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't need customization. Just quiet with a good feel, backlit (RGB is fine as long as there is a way to enable single color backlight without software) and indicators for CAPS/NUMLock. The Phantom I have now basically is 50% there because it's too loud and the indicators are basically blocked from view by the keys.

Sadly, Leopold and Filco doesn't seem to do backlit. Varmilo backlit keyboards have a silly plaque where the indicators normally are.

Ducky website is a PITA to use but seems to be the closest fit. Their indicator lights seem to have same problem as the Phantom but they have another row of keys above that which might provide enough reflection to tell what is on/off.

Apart from these established brands, any experience with China brands? Doing a quick search on Taobao, I see that they have waterproof mechanical keyboards which piqued my interest since having a toddler around the house means inevitable disaster potential :s13:
i've no experience with the cheaper chinese boards so i can't comment. but I believe there was a discussion on it a couple pages back, maybe you can check those out.

just sharing a personal experience - i spilled coffee all over my cooler master keyboard once and the keyboard is still working (keys became sticky though because there was sugar).

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
replaced my aging KBC poker blues and 9 year old Filco browns with this.

NPBYpre.jpg

Nice. Do share how it compares with Filco browns. Did you get it locally?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. Do share how it compares with Filco browns. Did you get it locally?

i got it directly from keychron website with usd$15 off. just go through the checkout process but don’t confirm order, they will usually entice you to complete your order a few days later by providing you with a discount code via email.

reached me in about 1.5weeks from their warehouse in shenzhen. it’s the pbt keycap version with brown gaterons. so far it feels quite nice. much more versatile than my previous 3 keyboard in terms of connectivity.

Travis_Touchdown

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Posted a thread to ask about HP GK400F Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (GK400F)... No one replied...

Thought of asking here... I don't see this model in their HP official website... Is this legitimate?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a walnut wrist rest, but to be honest. the height of the keyboard is not an issue for me having tried both with and without the wrist rest.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got it directly from keychron website with usd$15 off. just go through the checkout process but don’t confirm order, they will usually entice you to complete your order a few days later by providing you with a discount code via email.

reached me in about 1.5weeks from their warehouse in shenzhen. it’s the pbt keycap version with brown gaterons. so far it feels quite nice. much more versatile than my previous 3 keyboard in terms of connectivity.

How are the brown gaterons? Better than filco's cherry browns? Also eyeing for this but dont know where to try the keycaps.

Just placed an order for my Ducky! Hope it turns out fine.

Quack Quack Quack! :D:D:D

Ducky will last you for years.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Posted a thread to ask about HP GK400F Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (GK400F)... No one replied...

Thought of asking here... I don't see this model in their HP official website... Is this legitimate?

Read someone discussing this and it doesnt seem to be legitimate.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How are the brown gaterons? Better than filco's cherry browns? Also eyeing for this but dont know where to try the keycaps.

Ducky will last you for years.

if compare to cherry mx switches i think cherry still feels better. but the build quality of the keychron i got is not bad.. no pings heard so far.

kingsen

Reaction score
Looking for a good wireless mechanical keyboard recommendation. Logitech 915 looks solid but super expensive lol

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

Travis_Touchdown

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My bad. Yes, it is genuine HP. Good or not is another issue.

Is it genuinely HP? Since i can't find it in their official website... They only have this Omen keyboard that's quite expensive...

Legitimate HP yes. Legitimate keyboard not so sure about that.

Anyways if you got any questions should youtube first.

Yes, already checked youtube before posting... It looks ok from first sight... But can't find it anywhere in their official HP website... This model seems to be sold in every online stores though...

aaaflyer

Reaction score
bought g915 tkl with free g604 promo, just nice when i needed new keyboard and mouse. bought the clicky version, feels really good :D

edit: previous keyboard + mouse 6 years old - CM quickfire TK and logitech g400s

Last edited:

NurSyaf1

Reaction score
Looking for a good wireless mechanical keyboard recommendation. Logitech 915 looks solid but super expensive lol

Sent from HUAWEI LYA-L29 using GAGT

ehhh.. i think Keychron K6 wireless keyboard not bad... i heard my friend bought his from Shopee... can go see if is worth it anot

Last edited:

contacted

Reaction score
Moved from a TKL layout to a 75% one with the Vortex Race 3 RGB in MX Browns... loving it so far. The metal frame is very solid feeling... making the typing sound alot more shoik.

BKqLUsb.png

ZeroOneSH

Reaction score
Moved from a TKL layout to a 75% one with the Vortex Race 3 RGB in MX Browns... loving it so far. The metal frame is very solid feeling... making the typing sound alot more shoik.

Saw on YouTube this keyboard. Compared with Anne Pro 2 and Ducky Mini. Apparently features are quite outdated already. Did you get it on discount or was there some other reason?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.