[Recommend] Good Mechanical Keyboard

FroztSpectre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Outemu Silent Grey switches have arrived.

Comparing to Outemu Browns,
it's way more stable than the brown, the stem itself is less shaky as compared to brown.
The tactile bump feels way more defined than browns, but overall the silent grey switches are way more silent than the browns (duh, it's in the name lol).
Actuation force seems roughly similar to me? Can't really that that few grams of differences (if any).

Overall, i like it.
Paid $16.32 (from ezbuy) for 110 switches, and add $1.69 shipping from CN to SG. Did self collect. $18.01 for 110 switches, or 16.372 cents per switch. 100% worth it to me.

Just bought some PBT Keycaps from carousell, hopefully it arrives soon and i'm good to go! My next item to lookout for is Tecware Phantom Elite TKL board. But since i don't need the switches and keycaps, will just slowly wait for someone to sell the casing+pcb only. Hopefully can it cheaply.

ystoh133

Reaction score
Can get a gk64 + milky gaterons yellows + cherry stabs
Then lube them if you want to.
Overall build < $200
But with more mods, easily > $350

Here's mine!
pl9Ng9G.jpg

Last edited:

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Overall build < $200

Here's mine!
pl9Ng9G.jpg

Can such keyboard be rinsed off under running water or shower spray?

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh of course not, can't imagine why would you want to do that. But of course they do sell water proofed versions as well

To rise off the dust. Which model you would recommend that is waterproof?

ystoh133

Reaction score

Tbh all these hotswap keys allow you to remove your switches and then use can air to spray out the dust.

But if you really lazy and need to rinse it in water...
https://www.gomechanicalkeyboard.com/lists/top-7-best-water-resistant-mk/

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please don't do that.

For dust I have a datavac at home. It's a little pricey but if you add up the total cost accumulated over the years saved versus buying compressed air whenever I wanna clean dust off things like my lego collection, my desktop, it's actually quite worth to get.

dust with datavac, wipe down with alcohol wipes.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please don't do that.

For dust I have a datavac at home. It's a little pricey but if you add up the total cost accumulated over the years saved versus buying compressed air whenever I wanna clean dust off things like my lego collection, my desktop, it's actually quite worth to get.

dust with datavac, wipe down with alcohol wipes.

Thanks for the advise.
Did a search on "datavac", wow, its ex :eek:
Any cheaper alternative :D

BTW, no way I am using that inside the house as it will go everywhere.
The last time I use a compress air on my PC is 5 year ago I think & I carried it to the lift lobby & sprayed it from there. It was very satisfying actually but such stuff need to do outdoors. Hence was thinking of rising it with water.
Previously I use the cyber clean gel to clean the keyboard. It is the easiest as it get into every nook & cranny.

Last edited:

zxLvvv

Reaction score
Overall build < $200

Here's mine!

Info on deskpad and coiled cable? That keeb looks a lot like GK68XS

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can such keyboard be rinsed off under running water or shower spray?

Should be possible if you can live without the keyboard for a few days. Disassemble the keyboard, take note of how to put it back during the process, wash it, sit out to dry completely, then assemble back. Unless you have a drying rack, it would take at least a warm day or two to complete dry.

If you want it back in operation quick, you could try soaking it in alcohol to remove water. But this could damage/disfigure some parts that are sensitive to alcohol.

Disclaimer: do at your own risk. I've washed a couple of my old keyboards like this but your mileage may vary.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should be possible if you can live without the keyboard for a few days. Disassemble the keyboard, take note of how to put it back during the process, wash it, sit out to dry completely, then assemble back. Unless you have a drying rack, it would take at least a warm day or two to complete dry.

If you want it back in operation quick, you could try soaking it in alcohol to remove water. But this could damage/disfigure some parts that are sensitive to alcohol.

Disclaimer: do at your own risk. I've washed a couple of my old keyboards like this but your mileage may vary.

Ahh.... Have not considered it will take a long time to dry.
Thanks for the advise.

FatalityV

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise.
Did a search on "datavac", wow, its ex :eek:
Any cheaper alternative :D

BTW, no way I am using that inside the house as it will go everywhere.
The last time I use a compress air on my PC is 5 year ago I think & I carried it to the lift lobby & sprayed it from there. It was very satisfying actually but such stuff need to do outdoors. Hence was thinking of rising it with water.
Previously I use the cyber clean gel to clean the keyboard. It is the easiest as it get into every nook & cranny.

Yea it will go everywhere, what I do is drag extension then do it in corridor. HAHA.

It is expensive, but if you compare it over time to the cost of compressed air cans, which also are nowhere near as strong, its defo worth it.

I take all my computers at home out for a de dusting once per year, I also take all my keyboards for a cleaning session once every three months

I jokingly refer to it as my lawn blower. It's super super strong, and I think that it's probably one of the best choices I made to drop 100+ on it

vironix

Reaction score
Any reco for best cheap brown switch rgb

Sent from the anal hair of Thanos using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.