[Review]AMD R3 2200G & R5 2400G with Vega graphics, a cheap alternative for Esports gaming

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys! i've been using my R3-2200G for a few months now.. and so far it's running ok!

i would just like to seek your help with regards to something that i am slightly puzzled about.. when i'm on chrome and i minimize all to desktop, and i open up chrome on taskbar again, there is this instataneous blue and black bars that appear just before my window opens.. here's a video to explain what i mean:

View My Video

i've tried with other programs and it doesn't happen, so i figured it's a chrome issue..? normal chrome usage was okay. hardware acceleration is disabled since the beginning.

also, there was once few days back when suddenly my screen went black, but i can still hear the pc sounds and i had to shut down by pressing power button.. i opened event viewer and seems like Bonjour caused the error, not sure why (that was not the program i opened). have uninstall it ever since, and i updated to the latest amd driver from may 2018.

lastly, when i switch a youtube video from normal window to full screen and vice versa (by double clicking), it takes like ~2s before it switches properly. also something that i just noticed...

not sure if this issues only appeared after i updated may 2018, but kinda seems like it.. anyone has any idea what might be the cause?

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have disabled hardware acceleration, I can only think of the driver that is causing this issues.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rollback the drivers will do.

Dont try to fix things that aint broken. As long as it serve your purpose, just leave it as it is.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Rollback the drivers will do.

Dont try to fix things that aint broken. As long as it serve your purpose, just leave it as it is.

hi roy, thanks for your response! for the blue/black bars, it was resolved when i enabled hardware acceleration again. but however, the video fullscreen issue persists.

So I tried playing around by installing and uninstalling the old/new AMD chipset drivers again, but no difference. One thing though, after I clean install the new drivers again, everything worked for like 1min, smooth transition and all, then it's back to the same delays again. If I pause the video and switch, it's slightly faster, but if it's playing and I switch, sometimes it takes longer than 2s.

Strongly believe it's something to do with the AMD display driver, but at the same time confused how come it's only Chrome..

Last edited:

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi roy, thanks for your response! for the blue/black bars, it was resolved when i enabled hardware acceleration again. but however, the video fullscreen issue persists.

So I tried playing around by installing and uninstalling the old/new AMD chipset drivers again, but no difference. One thing though, after I clean install the new drivers again, everything worked for like 1min, smooth transition and all, then it's back to the same delays again. If I pause the video and switch, it's slightly faster, but if it's playing and I switch, sometimes it takes longer than 2s.

Strongly believe it's something to do with the AMD display driver, but at the same time confused how come it's only Chrome..

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Try this.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.2.2-Release-Notes.aspx

Try this.

hi roy, thanks for your reply again! have tried.. but it wasn't compatible, like they said no drivers found.

oh well, i guess i would just have to wait for further updates..

zjlim86

Reaction score
hi, which is the best graphic card to pair with 2200? whereby it wont be bottleneck by the processor

zjlim86

Reaction score
not be restrict to limited game and prehaps better graphic? like the latest call of duty?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gtx 1060 6gb should be fine i think

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

zjlim86

Reaction score
ROG Strix RX 580 OC Edition 8GB @ $389
ASUS Dual RX580 OC Edition 8GB @ $325
ASUS Dual RX580 OC Edition 4GB @ $269
ROG Strix RX570 OC Edition 4GB @ $219

how about these? is 1060 better in performance?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ROG Strix RX 580 OC Edition 8GB @ $389
ASUS Dual RX580 OC Edition 8GB @ $325
ASUS Dual RX580 OC Edition 4GB @ $269
ROG Strix RX570 OC Edition 4GB @ $219

how about these? is 1060 better in performance?
1060 6gb = rx 580 8gb
1060 3gb = rx 570 4GB

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.