Reaction score
20220228-164440.jpg

Skip 2 generations to update to this.
Total damage?

Reaction score
Your friends like the paste for sure 🤭

Good price for aorus master board (y)

Thanks... :D
Actually i had being brainstorming for few days and learned quite a bit from just buying this Mobo.
At first i had planned to rebuild the PC with i5 12600k and pair it with mid tier Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro and entry level DDR5 (didn't do my homework well :p), but i got held back verbally by the shop boss which i frequently visited at Sim Lim. He helpfully explained that with the same price, i will be able to grab a Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX, 2 x 16gb 3600mhz CL18 and a R9 5900X which are more better for my workload. Then i started searching on his list and found that there are 3 mobo i can consider now to pair with my used 3800X (save cost :p).
Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi
I am a sucker for VRM, so i went with Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master, sacrificed the PCIe 4.0 support on the chipset that's available on X570. At the same time, I felt a bit paiseh to the boss for not getting the CPU from him, so i grabbed another 2TB Gigabyte Gen4 SSD to support him back. :D

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks... :D
Actually i had being brainstorming for few days and learned quite a bit from just buying this Mobo.
At first i had planned to rebuild the PC with i5 12600k and pair it with mid tier Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro and entry level DDR5 (didn't do my homework well :p), but i got held back verbally by the shop boss which i frequently visited at Sim Lim. He helpfully explained that with the same price, i will be able to grab a Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX, 2 x 16gb 3600mhz CL18 and a R9 5900X which are more better for my workload. Then i started searching on his list and found that there are 3 mobo i can consider now to pair with my used 3800X (save cost :p).
Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi
I am a sucker for VRM, so i went with Gigabyte B550 Aorus Master, sacrificed the PCIe 4.0 support on the chipset that's available on X570. At the same time, I felt a bit paiseh to the boss for not getting the CPU from him, so i grabbed another 2TB Gigabyte Gen4 SSD to support him back. :D
I see. Alamak you using 3800x on this Aorus B550 with the Gen 4 M.2?? abit wasted hmm.. but you happy jiu hao :D

Reaction score
I see. Alamak you using 3800x on this Aorus B550 with the Gen 4 M.2?? abit wasted hmm.. but you happy jiu hao :D
You are correct, at first i was worry too. Cos most B550 mobo in the market, their 2nd and 3rd M.2 slot are linked to the Mobo chipset PCIe 3.0 x 4, only the primary GPU slot PCIe 4.0 x 16, and the 1st M.2 slot PCIe 4.0 x 4 are link to the CPU. But this B550 Master was designed slightly different like some other Mobo, all the 3 M.2 slot are PCIe 4.0 link to the CPU. If i am to use the 2nd and 3rd M.2 slot, it will share the same bandwidth lane with the GPU PCIe 4.0 x 16, left with only 4.0 x 8 for the GPU, 4.0 x 4 for each of 2nd and 3rd M.2.
I currently leaving the 2nd and 3rd M.2 unused atm, cos my old AMD R9 380X PCIe 3.0 x 16 might not like it at 3.0 x 8. Maybe next time ba, when the R9 380X decided to retire, then i go hunt for a AMD RX 6500 XT or RX 6600 XT which are PCIe 4.0 x 8. But of cos, this might not be the best way to go if GPU power is needed more than M.2 utilization.
3800x is gen 4 pcie enabled 🤭
Yup, but CPU to Mobo link are only gen 3 PCIe. Not like your full version X570 Pro, all lanes are gen 4.. :giggle:

Last edited:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got plenty PCIE x16 slot for this :love:

Need PCIe bifurcation support on the slots though, I think usually only the CPU PCIe lanes will have PCIe bifurcation support.

The lane assignment is probably first 2 slots share 16 lanes from the CPU using a switch, then the last slot is x4 from the chipset.

If only they will throw us more PCIe lanes on consumer CPUs, but alas that will eat into their workstation CPU market share...

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need PCIe bifurcation support on the slots though, I think usually only the CPU PCIe lanes will have PCIe bifurcation support.

The lane assignment is probably first 2 slots share 16 lanes from the CPU using a switch, then the last slot is x4 from the chipset.

If only they will throw us more PCIe lanes on consumer CPUs, but alas that will eat into their workstation CPU market share...

They want to charge an "EPYC" with the epic pricetag for that amount of PCIe lanes. Hahaha. :ROFLMAO:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.