Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B450 Max
RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper X Predator 3200MHz
Graphics Card: Red Devil RX 5700 XT
SSD: 500GB Lexar NM500 NVME SSD
HDD: 2TB TOSHIBA 7200RPM
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx GTE
Power Supply: Superflower 600W 80+ Silver
Chassis: Nexus Evo

I believe this is sufficient for 1440P gaming? Anw does anyone here have experience with Armageddon monitor? Looking at EFX27UHD and XC32HD. Which one will be better for 144hz 1440p gaming?

GeForce

Reaction score
Do consider other brands like LG 27UL500-W :D higher resolution somemore.. worth it these days.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's a good setup for 1440p high setting AAA titles @ around 60-80fps depends on titles. For 144hz, tweak some of the graphical settings could get you higher fps.

Monitor I rather take prism+ than Armageddon for budget category. Also, wait for 11.11 sales for better prices. As its less 2 months only.

Sent from OnePlus GM1900 using GAGT

Tekongboy

Reaction score
How Prism+ QC like? I'm hearing stories how their monitors tend to have dead pixels and stringent return policy. Or are those just rare cases?

It's a good setup for 1440p high setting AAA titles @ around 60-80fps depends on titles. For 144hz, tweak some of the graphical settings could get you higher fps.

Monitor I rather take prism+ than Armageddon for budget category. Also, wait for 11.11 sales for better prices. As its less 2 months only.

Viper0402

Reaction score
There you go again...
Another of those recommend "budget" monitors, go for "budget" monitors blah blah blah...
When it's gone, just 1-2yrs down the road, you will end up spending buying 3 monitors might as well go for a better quality, premium model...

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How Prism+ QC like? I'm hearing stories how their monitors tend to have dead pixels and stringent return policy. Or are those just rare cases?
Depend on your luck. My prism monitor so far so good.

Sent from Home using GAGT

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Planning to get a desktop with the following specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B450 Max
RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper X Predator 3200MHz
Graphics Card: Red Devil RX 5700 XT
SSD: 500GB Lexar NM500 NVME SSD
HDD: 2TB TOSHIBA 7200RPM
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx GTE
Power Supply: Superflower 600W 80+ Silver
Chassis: Nexus Evo

I believe this is sufficient for 1440P gaming? Anw does anyone here have experience with Armageddon monitor? Looking at EFX27UHD and XC32HD. Which one will be better for 144hz 1440p gaming?

my advise for psu is 650 and 80plus gold

KzPyon

Reaction score
Would recommend you consider Prism if you are on a budget. Have their 27 inch 1440p/144hz monitor and it's been great.

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm will it save more money in the long run? Don't have a great understanding of the PSU grading. Anw 500 is what they are recommending

Yes, a good PSU save you money. Not really on electric bills unless you go full 100% load 24/7 a day. But in terms of reliability and protection for your computer parts.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm will it save more money in the long run? Don't have a great understanding of the PSU grading. Anw 500 is what they are recommending
Save money not in terms of electricity bill. But a good quality PSU supply cleaner power to the PC. Helps eliminate chances of component degrading or damage due to power spike, and helps in stability of the system overall.

Choose something from EVGA G3, Superflower Eco Silver or Leadex Gold, Seasonic Focus series and Core GM series. All these are good models for PSU.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No guarantee. My experience is okay so far. There are indeed cases where there's bad QC and difficulty in RMA. But my experience so far with all these are not bad at all.

Set your expectation straight. Prism+ is bringing in Korean panel monitor with local warranty by them (if you know, qoo10 used to have plenty of these at cheap but no warranty and quite often have defects). At least they willing to provide warranty services. And from what I see this few years, there are improvement along the way.

If you want the best of the best all rounder, you pay for something like Dell and never to have anything to worry. If you want it to be cheap, there will definitely be risk and trade off. So, understand what you're paying for.

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
I'm using a qnix and I just bought the prism+ simply because.....all Rx 5700 models don't support dvi d.

Otherwise I won't even change. Usually, these type of Korean budget panels are quite decent. Just don't set your expectations too high.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.