www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Acer VG271U P vs LG 27GL850 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/acer-vg271u-p-vs-lg-27gl850-6111989.html)

cpugeek21 13-09-2019 08:57 AM

Acer VG271U P vs LG 27GL850

I recently posted for a recommendation, and someone recommended the LG 27GL850 to me. However, looking at the track record for LG importing in their new products (eg. 34GK950F), seems like it's not going to come in anytime soon within the next year.

Thoughts? Should I wait or should I just go for the Acer? Also, considering I can get the Acer for around $550, what price range should I expect for the LG?

wwenze 13-09-2019 09:26 AM

Amazon, Black Friday.

cpugeek21 13-09-2019 09:48 AM

tbh in your opinion is it worth? especially for buying electronic products? I've had a shredder blow up on me before because of incompatible power delivery (which I also bought from amazon US, and it was a name-brand shredder). My point being, do you think it's worth it to go through all the trouble, especially with things like warranty and stuff?

runningman.snsd 13-09-2019 09:57 AM

Nah I won’t buy monitor from amazon

cpugeek21 13-09-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningman.snsd (Post 122732934)
Nah I won’t buy monitor from amazon

in that case, thoughts on monitor? which one?

LiLAsN 13-09-2019 12:38 PM

Maybe you can also include the Asus TUF monitors?

They are the first monitors where you can not only use G-Sync but also ELMB (Extreme low motion blur) at the same time. So it's good for targeting enemies without only being to be able 1 of the feature at a time like all the rest of the monitors.

Like I have 2 monitors. 1 for G-Sync for normal RPG games and the other, a BenQ (with horrible colours cos it's TN) for the ULMB for FPS games.

So this TUF monitor gives you BOTH those features at the same time.

These 2 are quite the same. Just that 1 is TN and the other is IPS. You can choose either since they are both near your price range. The TN one was $599 back in Comex when it first launced.

- TUF Gaming VG27AQ: 27-inch IPS WQHD (2560x1440) gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz refresh rate and G-SYNC Compatible certification
- TUF Gaming VG27BQ: 27-inch TN WQHD (2560x1440) gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz refresh rate,0.4 ms response time and adaptive-sync support

Both support Adaptive-Sync (Free-Sync and G-Sync).

You can go to HWZ's page where they show you a link to the Lazada and Shopee page.

Or you can just manually search on both shopping sites since the IPS model is sold out on the official Asus Shopee and Lazada site. But can still be bought from other resellers.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...me-price-specs

cpugeek21 13-09-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLAsN (Post 122735340)
Maybe you can also include the Asus TUF monitors?

They are the first monitors where you can not only use G-Sync but also ELMB (Extreme low motion blur) at the same time. So it's good for targeting enemies without only being to be able 1 of the feature at a time like all the rest of the monitors.

Like I have 2 monitors. 1 for G-Sync for normal RPG games and the other, a BenQ (with horrible colours cos it's TN) for the ULMB for FPS games.

So this TUF monitor gives you BOTH those features at the same time.

These 2 are quite the same. Just that 1 is TN and the other is IPS. You can choose either since they are both near your price range. The TN one was $599 back in Comex when it first launced.

- TUF Gaming VG27AQ: 27-inch IPS WQHD (2560x1440) gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz refresh rate and G-SYNC Compatible certification
- TUF Gaming VG27BQ: 27-inch TN WQHD (2560x1440) gaming monitor with ultrafast 165Hz refresh rate,0.4 ms response time and adaptive-sync support

Both support Adaptive-Sync (Free-Sync and G-Sync).

You can go to HWZ's page where they show you a link to the Lazada and Shopee page.

Or you can just manually search on both shopping sites since the IPS model is sold out on the official Asus Shopee and Lazada site. But can still be bought from other resellers.

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...me-price-specs

Nope, sry, looked through and my heart still goes out to the 2 monitors I mentioned. In your opinion, do you think the lg will be in Singapore anytime soon? Or is it going to take at least 1 more year?