Acer XB271HU

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have an appointment from Acer tomorrow for their technician to 'verify' the split screen. But, since the split screen has gone after turning the monitor off/on, I wonder how the technician verify the problem? Anyone care to share your experience like what the technician will do or how can we simulate the split screen? ...Don't ask me to chop my monitor ok :s13:

wake up from sleep...

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
wake up from sleep...
Tested 3 times before Acer service tech visit, but didn't work. Anyway, Acer will return to pickup the monitor in mid Sept when their firmware flashing equipment is ready. Just off/on the monitor for time being if the screen splits again. Thks!

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Tested 3 times before Acer service tech visit, but didn't work. Anyway, Acer will return to pickup the monitor in mid Sept when their firmware flashing equipment is ready. Just off/on the monitor for time being if the screen splits again. Thks!

Is it? I almost had an appointment this afternoon. But chose not to because I have work to be done. How can the firmware flashing equipment not be ready until mid september? Wouldn't it be like a simple USB which you can use again and again? So weird.

c0ke123

Reaction score

Had the same problem as you. Intermittent split screen. Had it picked up by Acer yesterday for firmware updating and to be returned before Friday hopefully.

lohzongyuan

Reaction score
i sent the monitor for updating of firmware on tues and they returned the monitor today. but when i checked it it was the new firmware however they said there was a problem with my brand new monitor and gave me a used monitor as a replacement. i checked it using moninfo and the app said it has been used for 1667 hours

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i sent the monitor for updating of firmware on tues and they returned the monitor today. but when i checked it it was the new firmware however they said there was a problem with my brand new monitor and gave me a used monitor as a replacement. i checked it using moninfo and the app said it has been used for 1667 hours

That looks like a bad deal to me.

raysusan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what?
first time i heard of that

you better double check with the support department

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
so this intermittent screen issue only happens to some older batch? mine is the may 2016 batch but with the older firmware 4.89. dont have this screen issue.

And yes the power on time for new monitors will show around 2 hours as i believe they got to switch on the new monitor to update firmware or do basic qc tests so will at least clock 2 hours. 1667 hours is confirmed refurbished set.

2ezjvd3.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffrey_81

Reaction score
Hi all, i am interested in this monitor however other than the split screen issue, i also read about its wobbly stand, anyone can enlighten me on this?
TIA

lohzongyuan

Reaction score
i called their customer service and they say they will get back to me after they have verify things on their end. if no actions are taken within 1 week i will lodge a complain

Model name............... XB271HU
Manufacturer............. Acer
Plug and Play ID......... ACR0490
Serial number............ #ASMmpagl2MLd
Manufacture date......... 2015, ISO week 47
Filter driver............ None
-------------------------
EDID revision............ 1.4
Input signal type........ Digital (DisplayPort)
Color bit depth.......... 8 bits per primary color
Color encoding formats... RGB 4:4:4
Screen size.............. 600 x 340 mm (27.2 in)
Power management......... Not supported
Extension blocs.......... 1 (CEA-EXT)
-------------------------
DDC/CI................... Supported
MCCS revison............. 2.2
Display technology....... TFT
Controller............... Unknown
Firmware revision........ 4.95
Firmware flags........... 0x0002FFFF
Active power on time..... 1669 hours
Power consumption........ Not supported
Current frequency........ 222.54kHz, 144.00Hz

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can pm me if anyone interested in this monitor for $999.

if $999 can do CC instalment plan, I think a lot of people would be keen.

IIRC, $999 was the price at the previous IT Show as well.

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
Is it? I almost had an appointment this afternoon. But chose not to because I have work to be done. How can the firmware flashing equipment not be ready until mid september? Wouldn't it be like a simple USB which you can use again and again? So weird.

I think I took your time slot bcoz my original appointment was on Thu, but Acer called and told that one of the customer had cancelled his/her appointment on Wed, so I juz took the slot :)

The Acer service tech offered 2 options: Replace a refurbished monitor with latest firmware OR wait for their firmware flashing tool (with newer firmware I guess?). He told that the current firmware still have a known bug where the monitor settings will switch to default after powering off/on. I take the 2nd option since I can live with the split screen for next 3~4 wks (on vacation for 2 weeks :)) and don't want to risk getting a refurbished monitor with dead pixels.

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
Hi all, i am interested in this monitor however other than the split screen issue, i also read about its wobbly stand, anyone can enlighten me on this?
TIA
The stand works perfectly fine and stable to me. Nothing to worry unless your table is shaky, slanted or with uneven surface :)

Boiijek

Reaction score
So many problems but thankfully I have none. Only fact is that my monitor doesn't seem to be stable at 165Hz so I am running at 160Hz but doesn't matter because no one gonna notice anything different. Had this small screen split or something on my corsshair on the first day but once I downgraded my Gpu driver, never faced that problem anymore

wyx03_2002

Reaction score
Can someone advise how your get to the service screen? The method I learned from other forum is by pressing the on/off button while holding down the left-most button. But the service screen I got looks different...
https://flic.kr/p/LvFJEv

lohzongyuan

Reaction score
I think I took your time slot bcoz my original appointment was on Thu, but Acer called and told that one of the customer had cancelled his/her appointment on Wed, so I juz took the slot :)

The Acer service tech offered 2 options: Replace a refurbished monitor with latest firmware OR wait for their firmware flashing tool (with newer firmware I guess?). He told that the current firmware still have a known bug where the monitor settings will switch to default after powering off/on. I take the 2nd option since I can live with the split screen for next 3~4 wks (on vacation for 2 weeks :)) and don't want to risk getting a refurbished monitor with dead pixels.

Good for you. Acer didnt gave me any option and just sent me a refurbised. They even claim that my monitor had problem thats why they gave me this. When asked why it was used for over 1000 hours they just said that the data was burned in when updating pf firmware

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone advise how your get to the service screen? The method I learned from other forum is by pressing the on/off button while holding down the left-most button. But the service screen I got looks different...
https://flic.kr/p/LvFJEv

your die temp so low? mine is 60deg...in aircon room sia.... :s22:

u can google for a tool call moninfo and run on your windows for the monitor details...

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Good for you. Acer didnt gave me any option and just sent me a refurbised. They even claim that my monitor had problem thats why they gave me this. When asked why it was used for over 1000 hours they just said that the data was burned in when updating pf firmware

Thats ********. The moninfo app wont bluff the active display usage. Updating firmware also dont take 1000 hours. Also see the manufacturing date of that replacement monitor. Surely will be oct nov 2015 right

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.