Acer XB271HU

Vulpix

Reaction score
I check the power cable also cannot so dun think is the fuse. Should be the monitor itself
Then gg. Most likely is the mainboard liao. If covered under warranty then still ok. You are not the only one who get this issue after 2-3 years, I don't think I will ever buy another Acer monitor.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then gg. Most likely is the mainboard liao. If covered under warranty then still ok. You are not the only one who get this issue after 2-3 years, I don't think I will ever buy another Acer monitor.
OK the friendly guy came and found out is powerboard. Replace on the spot n can be turn on.

Since he got the part I guess it is one of the most common issue that they carry a spare one... Hope can last me long enough like few more yrs lol.

So other than this wat other brand is gd?

bundy

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to check, acer is giving me a replacement monitor as the one which is spoilt is under warranty.. Will the monitor to be a new out of box or its a recondition one. Forgotten to ask the tech whom called me to arrange the delivery

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Just to check, acer is giving me a replacement monitor as the one which is spoilt is under warranty.. Will the monitor to be a new out of box or its a recondition one. Forgotten to ask the tech whom called me to arrange the delivery

I remember when they need to upgrade the firmware on my monitor.
I asked, why not give a replacement monitor instead so as to avoid downtime on my side since the update will take a while.

The technician who was at my place suggested not to use this method. Since the replacement monitors are all used monitors that are in the factory that may have more hours than mine. And if my monitor has no backlight bleed issues and all that, I should just stick to getting my monitor updated and sent back in a few days. I therefore just lan lan suck thumb. Use TV as my monitor since I don't want to take a chance with their replacement monitors.

It's been 4 years now though. Still working well and I am typing from this monitor too. So if yours no choice, then need to accept the replacement monitor.

The same can be said for other products. My NZXT LED lightstrip spoilt. The replacement that they gave me was even more yellower than my LED strip. But it works. So no choice, must take.

Garfi3ld

Reaction score
Hi, realized in mid-June that there are some lines on the extreme sides of my monitor. Anyone experienced before? I emailed support since 18 June and no reply. Pissed liao.. chaser sent twice.

prezioso

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, realized in mid-June that there are some lines on the extreme sides of my monitor. Anyone experienced before? I emailed support since 18 June and no reply. Pissed liao.. chaser sent twice.

When u purchase this monitor

Raynesis

Reaction score
Is this monitor still worth it at sub $600?

I already have one, but thinking to upgrade my 2nd monitor to similar spec (size and refresh rate).

What options are there?
Or is ultra wide with PBP mode the way to go now?

c1em3ntchua

Reaction score

FWIW I have that red line on all 3 of my monitors.

DriftKing

Reaction score
Is this monitor still worth it at sub $600?

I already have one, but thinking to upgrade my 2nd monitor to similar spec (size and refresh rate).

What options are there?
Or is ultra wide with PBP mode the way to go now?
I thought it is getting much lower than 600? few years ago (see the age of this thread) it was already 800+

The tech seems slightly outdated, at 600+ would suggest to get some latest gen models

backtracker

Reaction score
Anyone know in sls. Got ppl fix or repair the monitor? I think my power pcb spolit

From the Doc
5th floor sim lim, i cant remember the shop name, they repair laptops and various electricals. I had my laptop and monitor repaired once not too bad. But just FYI, they both died again later after a year.
I had this monitor as well, failed after 3 years. I got the Viewsonic Elite instead now.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.