The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whats the general consensus here regarding international set for Ryzen 5000 cpus? Think theres some 5600x on carousell which isn’t local but apparently has international warranty. Is it safe to buy?

Warranty for international amd cpu like easier as compared to local set.

symore

Reaction score
Whats the general consensus here regarding international set for Ryzen 5000 cpus? Think theres some 5600x on carousell which isn’t local but apparently has international warranty. Is it safe to buy?

Actually i think no matter is local or international set, u need go amd.com to file warranty and they will give you instruction where to send it to. They dont ask u where u get ur set lol honest cpu selfdom have problem need rma. Most of the time need rma is mobo, ram, gpu...

Last edited:

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Duno... hopefully prices are reasonable enough to grab one later part of the year :D but sounds like zen3+ is another jump so the popularity could be short lived.

The Zen 3+ Warhol? Seems like it could only come in Dec. I don't think it will be another like 20% IPC increase. Should still be DDR4 and B550 and X570.

gonnie

Reaction score
What about i need it for mobile gaming? Like opening multiple instance of bluestack?? Will the cores help?

if you want to use for multi client for nox/bluestacks/ldplayer, you need cores/threads, ram and normal gpu.

Main thing is the core/threads and ram.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: if benchmark just a number I truly not understand why you need to upgrade your cpu and gpu to latest

No leh. I didn't upgrade my cpu & gpu to the latest leh. I am still using GTX 1070 8GB nia.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on what I read, the M1 chip is a good showing from Apple, but having to run emulated software for now is not ideal because there is performance penalty and is unstable in some cases, at least in the near future. Moreover, it also means that you need to run Mac OS.

I think it is worthwhile to wait a couple of years before adopting any ARM based computer running Windows.

Yah.Did come across some video on that.

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

Back to Ryzen 5000.

transparos

Reaction score
Saw pcthemes list the cpu price increase a lot..

Gpu too.. tough times if want to get a new rig.. wonder what will the price back to normal...

IAmNiceify

Reaction score

Gpu too.. tough times if want to get a new rig.. wonder what will the price back to normal...

Cpu get from newegg/amazon/taobao (avg $440), Motherboard just buy locally.

Gpu camp amazon and wait for drop or lazada convergent store. Use a notification bot and hope for the best.

All else fail buy intel and bunker down for gpu and wait. Tbh, if you haven't been camping and doing your due diligent, very hard to get gpu now.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cpu get from newegg/amazon/taobao (avg $440), Motherboard just buy locally.

Gpu camp amazon and wait for drop or lazada convergent store. Use a notification bot and hope for the best.

All else fail buy intel and bunker down for gpu and wait. Tbh, if you haven't been camping and doing your due diligent, very hard to get gpu now.
If getting Intel chip, then I do recommend waiting for Rocket Lake in Mar this year. While it is also a power hungry and hot chip, it is at least faster and better suited for gaming, assuming the price is the same.

Alternatively, I would recommend that in case you can wait, just wait it out. I don't foresee that the supply issue will go away for the next 5 to 6 months at least.

CopySeeSewDye

Reaction score

Cpu msrp is still the same unlike gpu, not sure whats the reason for retailers here to hike up retail prices for cpu by such a large margin.

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cpu msrp is still the same unlike gpu, not sure whats the reason for retailers here to hike up retail prices for cpu by such a large margin.

same as scalpers, got high demand and supply so low. if people are willing to pay high prices, why not?

kenzi87

Reaction score
Those on Ryzen 3000 series, if no rush just wait for CES 2021 few more days to check out the new stuff

gonnie

Reaction score
anyone on ryzen master auto OC and cause some stability issue?
Mine okay 5900x

Idle
EGtSWcKl.jpg

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

transparos

Reaction score
yea, waiting CES to see if intel will give more info on their latest chips.

if better or same as current ryzen 5, can consider as alternative since now locally AMD chips also no stock.

regarding buying online, i rather buy all the stuffs at 1 go rather than buy piece by piece...

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yea, waiting CES to see if intel will give more info on their latest chips.

if better or same as current ryzen 5, can consider as alternative since now locally AMD chips also no stock.

regarding buying online, i rather buy all the stuffs at 1 go rather than buy piece by piece...

Just thinking for online purchase like neweggs and amozon US, sometime for tax consideration buying stuff piece by piece lesser than S$400 can save GST for item like RAM / SSD / motherboard / accessories.

If these items all add up with high end CPU & GPU that could be a substantial amount to pay at one goal. purchases.

symore

Reaction score
Just thinking for online purchase like neweggs and amozon US, sometime for tax consideration buying stuff piece by piece lesser than S$400 can save GST for item like RAM / SSD / motherboard / accessories.

If these items all add up with high end CPU & GPU that could be a substantial amount to pay at one goal. purchases.

Gst + cc oversea fee

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.