The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

Limexx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, this may not be true. If you are dealing with stores that are marked Shopee Mall, then yes. I recall buying something from Shopee, and the store marked the item as delivered, but I did not receive it. I spoke with CS, they told me to sort it out with the seller myself. The payment regardless of whether you confirm delivery or not, will be auto released after some time.
Wow. Not that safe after all. Best should be carousell then. Cash on delivery can get it immediately

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ECO mode = undervolting?
Also, on my ASUS B550 board, ECO mode 45W. I read on the net that some are 65W.

So is it good to use ECO mode for my 5600X? :s22:

easyxiaobin

Reaction score
Which asus board for 5800x?

thanks

was looking at these few board:

ASUS ROG Strix X570-F: USD300
Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero: USD 380
Asus ROG Strix X570-E: USD 300

If u compare e and f, when both the same price, my as well jus take e. More ports at rear io make things easier. Try to get c8h wifi instead of the non wifi, both hav 10 usd diff, from msrp, if possible

skrekro

Reaction score
Can I ask if theres any advantages for carousell over shopee? Biggest concern is reliability on carousell... don't know how the warranty will be handled, but on the other hand seems like shopee also only within 14 days...

Some local stores use carousell as storefront. It's as good as getting from shopee. Just need to know who you buy from. Buying amd cpu is safe though cos of international warranty

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ECO mode = undervolting?

ECO mode is not undervolting. It just limits the maximum power the CPU can draw. If you enable 45W ECO mode, then you should expect performance to drop quite significantly. Its useful if you want a low power/ cooler rig. You can try and see how it works for your CPU. It should not cause any problems.

zleipnir

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But u get a 5600X to run ECO, the 5600X damn sad leh :/

ECO mode = undervolting?

sai861212

Reaction score
Hi guys noob question, I read that Clock Tuner 2.0 has hybrid OC, and also the Dark Hero VIII has Dynamic OC (only available on this board). Are the two the same, or would getting the Dark Hero be better?
there's a forumer in Asus DH thread mention that PBO will be much better. From my googling around the nets, PBO can manage a higher single thread frequency while having good all-core frequency as well in addition PBO now let you to undervolt.

that aside, myself waiting for DH :s13:finger crossed end of jan / 1st week FEB really can get from the seller.

Izumanyan

Reaction score
there's a forumer in Asus DH thread mention that PBO will be much better. From my googling around the nets, PBO can manage a higher single thread frequency while having good all-core frequency as well in addition PBO now let you to undervolt.

that aside, myself waiting for DH :s13:finger crossed end of jan / 1st week FEB really can get from the seller.

If PBO is better then not much point getting the dark hero leh. Except maybe fanless chipset heatsink. can pm me the thread link where they discuss PBO vs dynamic OC?

Do you guys actually use Clock Tuner at all to find your OC or just manually tune or mix of both?

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
manage to order 5800x from direct AMD at sgd 598. hope it ship to comgateway.

did more homework on mobo. it seem these few mobo get recommended by der8auer due to better vrm and quality. Asus X570 F and Asus B550 E

And Asus TUF Gaming X570 - plus also caught him by surprise.

i need better audio chip for my DAC, power amp and speaker so i only have these 2 option. Asus X570 F and Asus B550 E

Last edited:

jayz_sg

Reaction score

did more homework on mobo. it seem these few mobo get recommended by der8auer due to better vrm and quality. Asus X570 F and Asus B550 E

i need better audio chip for my DAC, power amp and speaker so i only have these 2 option. Asus X570 F and Asus B550 E

Should be fine, I ordered 5900X from AMD direct as well. But just be aware that AMD will take a while to ship it out. Mine took like 5 days to ship out, then they use Fedex ground to ship so it's also slow. Plus Fedex dun have any updates one, it's still showing as reached FedEx Sorting location in Minnesota , this was 4 days ago and it's schedule to be delivered to portland tomorrow :s22: Actually today 5800X has been popping up in Amazon US at times.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also for asus user. do you guys install the ROG Exclusive Software, Ryzen master or just the driver and base hardware monitoring software

thanks

easyxiaobin

Reaction score

Take x570 f instead of b550e if not u can check on x570 e if it is also good price or not

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.