The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought from flyingfish seller in shopee during 9.9 sales. Its a good price but their fulfillment is very slow. Its been 8 days and no news of shipping yet.

Listing said generally 7 days will receive. Sibei sian, message seller also don't reply, only automated bot replies.
Finally today updated status to preparing for shipping. Hope tomorrow can get. Waiting only for this 5600x to build a rtx 3080 gaming rig.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Taobao sets probably don't have warranty, Amazon sets should be ok.
wow how to know sia.. if i buy frm amazon.com its 590+, some carouseller can sell 530 540.. those must be china set.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
wow how to know sia.. if i buy frm amazon.com its 590+, some carouseller can sell 530 540.. those must be china set.
From china, the box will be in chinese
Buy china set might as well ownself buy from taobao lol
It's about $480 for 5800x now

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
woah thats dam cheap.. any difference? china set vs global?
Operation wise should be same cause chip is from same factory

From China, you get "Assembled in China"
Global set you get a mix of Malaysia/China
See what you want :s13:

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Operation wise should be same cause chip is from same factory

From China, you get "Assembled in China"
Global set you get a mix of Malaysia/China
See what you want :s13:

i more concered about the warranty, if buy from taobao, dealing with warranty is directly with AMD or something else?

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
i more concered about the warranty, if buy from taobao, dealing with warranty is directly with AMD or something else?
As mentioned above
For Box set only, expect valid warranty only from China

Well if you somehow can rma directly with AMD here then its a bonus

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above
For Box set only, expect valid warranty only from China

Well if you somehow can rma directly with AMD here then its a bonus

wah, i prefer to deal with AMD direct for warranty.. guess i have to buy amazon set already

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys ryzen 5000 should buy local or oversea sets??

local sets seem to cost $100 price premium, is there even any benefit to that?

Some sellers with overseas set claim that there is local warranty
If you can find it cheaper in places like Amazon, then just go ahead buying from Amazon. No reason to get from local stores because you get warranty locally anyway. For AMD, you just need to send it back if I am not mistaken. Similar to Intel.

Phen8210

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If you can find it cheaper in places like Amazon, then just go ahead buying from Amazon. No reason to get from local stores because you get warranty locally anyway. For AMD, you just need to send it back if I am not mistaken. Similar to Intel.

yar.. local warranty confirm more **** than dealing with AMD direct..

wtfh4x

Master Member
Reaction score
Last time that was the case, but I'm hearing now they ask you to go through the retailer which may become a problem if the retailer gets it from unknown parallel imported sources. Amazon should still be okay, but Shopee, Lazada all that should look for a reputable retailer to make sure you don't get a parallel imported set.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yay, 5600x from amazon finally gonna deliver to me today. Went from USA to USA to Dubai to China to SG, 14 to 17 sept. Time to change out parts this weekend and redo WC loop a bit.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon CPU lai liao (also :vijayadmin: to Fedex for +2D delay). Now parents are gonna get 5600G while my own PC is on 3600 :s13:

f3zhKAj.jpg

KYZT2021

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those from amazon high chance will be made in malaysia as need to siam tariff when importing into US, other where else more of made in china set

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those from amazon high chance will be made in malaysia as need to siam tariff when importing into US, other where else more of made in china set
Got diff meh between MY and CN set? Anyway, my Amazon 5600G is CN-made

KYZT2021

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If someone got keep track of the earlier batches but just saying where its made :s12:cos tariff not cheap too

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon CPU lai liao (also :vijayadmin: to Fedex for +2D delay). Now parents are gonna get 5600G while my own PC is on 3600 :s13:

f3zhKAj.jpg
Also Vijay to FedEx?

What does that even mean

How am I supposed to read that

Do things like TDC and EDC work with A520? I want to see if I really need a B550 to prevent my living room PC from exploding.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.